WHY are CHRISTIANS CHILD molesters?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

WHY are CHRISTIANS CHILD molesters?

Post by Sculptor »

So what is it about Christianity that makes its practicioners child abusers?

I thought the answer was due to Catholic celibacy, but that does not explain the figures.

https://www.whoismakingnews.com

Other indicators : Republicans more than Democrats. and Red States, rather than Blue.
Per Captia
Per Captia
abuse.jpg (17.73 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
accelafine

Re: WHY are CHRISTIANS CHILD molesters?

Post by accelafine »

Maybe because most Americans identify as Christian? It's pretty simple maths actually.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm So what is it about Christianity that makes its practicioners child abusers?

I thought the answer was due to Catholic celibacy, but that does not explain the figures.

https://www.whoismakingnews.com

Other indicators : Republicans more than Democrats. and Red States, rather than Blue. abuse.jpg
correlation.jpg
correlation.jpg (70.42 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:

Jeopardy Answer: This is what you call someone who purposely presents correlation as causation.

Jeopardy Question: What is a ____________?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Wow.

I wonder how one determines whether one actually believes there is a God to consider such a statistic.

Clearly atheist paedophiles have been infiltrating churches for aeons, much like many institutions that have children in the midst.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Hypothesis non fingo

I have not made any claim about causation. You can bleat as much as you like about correlation and causation.

The question remains why is it that right wingers, and workers in religion score so high for paedophilia.

And whilst the religious right are totally red in the face about drag queens, and trans people, as a group they have the LOWEST rates per capita of abusers.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:21 pm Hypothesis non fingo

I have not made any claim about causation.
Errr?!? Your question literally presupposes that some aspect of Christianity makes its practitioners child abusers.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm So what is it about Christianity that makes its practicioners child abusers
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:53 pm

Errr?!? Your question literally presupposes that Christianity makes its practitioners child abusers.
Sculptor wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm So what is it about Christianity that makes its practicioners child abusers
Perhaps conservatism is the cause. We need to lock up all conservative Christians until we get to the bottom of this.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Errr?!? Your question literally presupposes that some aspect of Christianity makes its practitioners child abusers.
You have not tried to answer the question.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:48 pm

The question which presupposes the causal claim that you didn't make?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:48 pm

The question which presupposes the causal claim that you didn't make?
There are more religious people in jail per capita; more atheists is university; more pedos in the priesthood; more predos in the Republican perty.
And fewest amongst drag queens, but the ignorant right wing priests and politicians have convinced morons like you, who are also stupid, god fearing and right wing to vilifiy drag queens for child abuse.
This is because you are a dumb fuck.
This is America
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:49 am Wow.

I wonder how one determines whether one actually believes there is a God to consider such a statistic.

Clearly atheist paedophiles have been infiltrating churches for aeons, much like many institutions that have children in the midst.
Where is your evidence?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Perhaps Christianity offers a false sense of righteousness and forgiveness that -- for some -- draws out, ignores, and/or excuses their 'weak' and demented behavior. Fear not... God will forgive them! Instead, accuse atheists of being immoral and condemned to never being forgiven or rewarded for anything! :lol:

Theists aren't very good at recognizing or acknowledging the evils within their own church... which is what makes it a perfect haven for such. Plus, theists seem well-practiced and programmed in believing and convincing themselves of anything that serves their theism... no matter how nonsensical it may be.

I don't mean to offend... I'm just stating what appears to be true!
Alexiev

Post by Alexiev »

There are any number of possible explanations, including:

1) Statistical biases. Statistics about sex crimes are notoriously inaccurate (I have no idea where Sculptor got his). Perhaps Christians (or conservatives) report pedophiles more often than Godless atheists. Statistics about pedophelia are not necessarily credible.

2) Correlation. If (as just one example) educated or rich people are less likely to be pedophiles and more likely to be liberal atheists, that might be an explanation.

3) Conflation of "sex crimes". If Christians think any fornication is a horrid sin, they may conflate pedophelia with fornication. I'll bet liberal atheists fornicate more regularly than Conservative Christians (although both groups doubtless fail to trod the straight and narrow in that regard).

4) My theory about Catholic Priests. I'm sure some pedophiles see the priesthood as an opportunity. However, I'll bet many pedophiles are aware of their sexual predilictions, and join the priesthood because they recognize their own evil desires and wish to supress them. Then they fail to remain abstinent.

5) When GK Chesterton was asked why he became a Christian, he said, "To get rid of my sins." Christianity may be attractive to people with sinful desires (such as pedophelia). In fact, Christianity might (for all we know) prevent pedophelia, but also attract those with perverse sexual desires that they wish to eliminate, sometimes unsuccessfully. Suppose -- based on this theory - that instead of Christianity "causing" pedophelia, pedophelia "Causes" conversion to Christianity. If that is the case, it is possible that Christianity lowers the incidence of child abuse for those pedophiles who practice Christianity, but there is still a higher rate of abuse than there is for non-Christians.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:12 pm There are more religious people in jail per capita
This correlates even better with socio-economic status than creed.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:12 pm more atheists is university
Naturally. Because there's a prevailing belief that education is incompatible with religion, so there's a bunch of cultural biases at play.

It's pretty ironic given the history of science, philosophy and even universities themselves is basically religion, religion and more religion.

You are so dimwitted you can't seem to decouple the epiphenomenon and metaphysical nonsense about beliefs and gods (and what goes on in people's heads) from the actual culture, traditions, economics and social dynamics - the actual driving force behind the ideas, institutions and traditions. All that historically-important stuff which has stood the test of time.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:12 pm ; more pedos in the priesthood; more predos in the Republican perty.
And fewest amongst drag queens, but the ignorant right wing priests and politicians have convinced morons like you, who are also stupid, god fearing and right wing to vilifiy drag queens for child abuse.
This is because you are a dumb fuck.
This is America
The defining characteristics of dumb fucks on all sides of the political spectrum is usually hate speech like the above...

The us-and-them mentality. The only lens available to you for understanding social dynamics is tribalism.

That's definite evidence that you are dumb.