My epitaph

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: My epitaph

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:04 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:56 pm
Well, I spent the first week of this October involuntarily detained in a local mental ward. I asked them repeatedly to let me out. The Dr. refused. Would you like me to send you the bill as proof?
I need no further proof of the self-concept that you cling to and defend, so there's no need to keep offering it via postings.
Why so cunty?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:14 pm Just a modest request of others here on Earth. If you come across my dead body lying in the dirt, please throw it in a landfill and, if it's not too much trouble) recite the following epitaph in remembrance:

Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN. [I'm sure future generations will be able to decipher what "PN" refers to, so no need to spell it out.] Age began harassing him with unreasonable, disingenuous questions and refused to be open in discussion with Gary. So Gary became frustrated and with no reasonable outlet to direct his frustration, his mental health declined. Poor Gary was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 1991 at the age of 25. For a brief time in his life, until he was diagnosed, he got to experience life as a sane person until Age messed with his mind and sent him into remission. Gary's last words, however, were:
"Dear God, Age knows not what he does, forgive him and go fuck yourself for creating this fucked up world".
THIS just goes to "show" that these "people" back in the DAYS that this was WRITTEN were not "prepared" for my "wisdom".
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:14 pm Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery
Hi Gary. That's good news. May I ask how did this recovery came about?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:14 pm Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery until a forum member named, Age, came to PN.
Flash is right...
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:18 pmAge is already on almost every ignore list known to man. Just put him on yours and live a good long life.
Wading through the excessive convoluted ramblings of Age's perspective are not a path of clarity for anyone else. You have your own path of clarity, Gary, even if it feels hard to access sometimes. We all do.

It seems that it can be crazy-making to go too far down anyone else's path -- maybe because that is not meant as our attunement. It's like a different frequency. We are attuned for our own path and its potential.

Surely the divine speaks through all, and from many different perspectives, yes? If anyone is claiming that only their perspective or idea of truth is true, I suggest: go find more.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Averroes wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:38 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:14 pm Gary Childress was doing reasonably well in his mental health recovery
For a while I felt like I belonged in the world. That helped a lot. But it seems to be a futile belief. Age started to get to me with his weird posts and I began to get prophetic delusions of impending doom based on his "back in the days when this was written" trope. I ended up in the mental ward a few weeks back. I mean, it's OK. Not his problem. We can't help but say and do what we think we ought to say and do. Life is what it is.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:50 pm
For a while I felt like I belonged in the world. That helped a lot.
Can the cause of this feeling be reproduced?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Averroes wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:51 pm

I don't know. I went over the deep end when my dad died and lost my job a while back. The job helped also.
Atla

Post by Atla »

For a while I felt like I belonged in the world. That helped a lot. But it seems to be a futile belief. Age started to get to me with his weird posts and I began to get prophetic delusions of impending doom based on his "back in the days when this was written" trope. I ended up in the mental ward a few weeks back. I mean, it's OK. Not his problem. We can't help but say and do what we think we ought to say and do. Life is what it is.
I know this is very difficult to imagine but Age was never actually talking to you. In early childhood we develop the theory-of-mind, the view that other people exist and have their own minds, and after that we can talk to them. Age never developed this, so she has the mentality of like a 2-year-old in that regard. She doesn't understand that she exists either. There is just a discord of texts and voices to her that don't belong to anyone, so she figured that they all must belong to God.

So she became a messenger who preaches that in the future, we will all understand that it's all just God talking. But 'back in the days' these imaginary people were too retarded to realize it.

Once you see how nuts all this is, imo it becomes pretty clear that there is no actual impending doom here at all.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:05 pm Once you see how nuts all this is, imo it becomes pretty clear that there is no actual impending doom here at all.
What I'm seeing in the news about global habitat loss, species extinctions, Gaza, Ukraine, and Taiwan isn't encouraging either.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:56 pm
Averroes wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:51 pm

I don't know. I went over the deep end when my dad died and lost my job a while back. The job helped also.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

A while ago, I came across an article on a drug named ketamine which has been used to treat depression and anxiety, but I don't know if it is effective for schizophrenia. You could ask your health care provider about it.
Ketamine:https://lindnercenterofhope.org/blog/ke ... l-illness/
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

What I'm seeing in the news about global habitat loss, species extinctions, Gaza, Ukraine, and Taiwan isn't encouraging either.
Stay away from the news.

Stay away from people who make you relapse.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:08 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:05 pm Once you see how nuts all this is, imo it becomes pretty clear that there is no actual impending doom here at all.
Well okay that's true, but Age has nothing to do with that. Age thinks that if 'we' all collectively wish the problems of the world away then the problems will cease to exist. And she blames everyone who doesn't believe this.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Holy Moley. I missed this until now. I hereby withdraw all forum interaction with Gary, seeing as how external words can trigger such a response in him, and if me exercising my human, God-given right of free speech to say just the way things are has that effect upon one so mentally vulnerable, the cost of a word-relationship with Gary outweighs the benefit, which let's face it, is miniscule in the face of ... Huh?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:13 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:08 pm
Well okay that's true, but Age has nothing to do with that. Age thinks that if 'we' all collectively wish the problems of the world away then the problems will cease to exist. And she blames everyone who doesn't believe this.
I'll follow advice and stop replying to Age's posts. Unfortunately, the ignore button doesn't work with direct responses to my posts.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:16 pm

Holy Moley. I missed this until now. I hereby withdraw all forum interaction with Gary, seeing as how external words can trigger such a response in him, and if me exercising my human, God-given right of free speech to say just the way things are has that effect upon one so mentally vulnerable, the cost of a word-relationship with Gary outweighs the benefit, which let's face it, is miniscule in the face of ... Huh?
Sounds like a good idea for you, starting now.