To Those To Whom This Pertains

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

To Those To Whom This Pertains

Post by Gary Childress »

I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression. Whenever I speak up about it, I am accused of "seeking therapy" or "wanting pity". I'M SPEAKING UP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT AILES ME. I HAVE A RIGHT TO. THERE IS NO "THERAPY" FOR SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS, THEREFORE I AM NOT SEEKING WHAT DOES NOT EXIST. AND BLAMING A MENTALLY ILL PERSON FOR HIS ILLNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THERAPY ANYWAY, SO DON'T PRETEND YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT MALICIOUS BEINGS SEEKING TO KICK SOMEONE WHO IS DOWN.

AND YOU'RE TOO SELF-RIGHTEOUS TO EVEN LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELVES.

Those of you who seek to accuse a person diagnosed with mental illness of being the agent of his own problems are inhuman. I have fought back at your accusations and put-downs designed to try to shame and blame and accuse me of being THE problem in this world. And you have continued to blame me and accuse me of EVERYTHING. Those of you who have done this have made my life a living hell.

I've tried to be as compassionate as I can and blamed God for the hell I live in, however, it has become clear to me that it's not God who is creating hell for me, it is a bunch of inconsiderate, thoughtless, assholes who seek to silence someone who has EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, THEN GO LIVE WITH SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS AND TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU ENJOYED IT!!!!

ASSHOLES!!!
phyllo

Re: To Those To Whom This Pertains

Post by phyllo »

There are places to complain and places not to complain.

You need to find a forum or a community where you can complain and get support.

That's not here.

Seek out suggestions from mental health professionals and websites.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression.
Hi Gary. In case you might be interested, there are studies which shows that fasting can ease depression symptoms.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5505095/
According to our results, the levels of serotonin in plasma of fasting states were significantly higher than those levels in non-fasting controls. Fuenmayorl and Garcia reported that fasting leads to increase the turnover of brain 5-HT and suggested that the fasting state may increase 5-HT turnover in all brain areas.
What do you think? Is this something you might want to try?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression. Whenever I speak up about it, I am accused of "seeking therapy" or "wanting pity". I'M SPEAKING UP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT AILES ME. I HAVE A RIGHT TO. THERE IS NO "THERAPY" FOR SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS, THEREFORE I AM NOT SEEKING WHAT DOES NOT EXIST. AND BLAMING A MENTALLY ILL PERSON FOR HIS ILLNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THERAPY ANYWAY, SO DON'T PRETEND YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT MALICIOUS BEINGS SEEKING TO KICK SOMEONE WHO IS DOWN.

Those of you who seek to accuse a person diagnosed with mental illness of being the agent of his own problems are inhuman. I have fought back at your accusations and put-downs designed to try to shame and blame and accuse me of being THE problem in this world. And you have continued to blame me and accuse me of EVERYTHING. Those of you who have done this have made my life a living hell.

I've tried to be as compassionate as I can and blamed God for the hell I live in, however, it has become clear to me that it's not God who is creating hell for me, it is a bunch of inconsiderate, thoughtless, assholes who seek to silence someone who has EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, THEN GO LIVE WITH SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS AND TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU ENJOYED IT!!!!

ASSHOLES!!!
Did you do a food allergy/food intolerance test? In some cases these allergies can cause mental illnesses. For example there was a time when schizophrenia was called bread madness, because some people suddenly recovered when there was a bread shortage. And I'd wager to guess that it wasn't because of the gluten but because of the baker's yeast in it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:47 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression. Whenever I speak up about it, I am accused of "seeking therapy" or "wanting pity". I'M SPEAKING UP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT AILES ME. I HAVE A RIGHT TO. THERE IS NO "THERAPY" FOR SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS, THEREFORE I AM NOT SEEKING WHAT DOES NOT EXIST. AND BLAMING A MENTALLY ILL PERSON FOR HIS ILLNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THERAPY ANYWAY, SO DON'T PRETEND YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT MALICIOUS BEINGS SEEKING TO KICK SOMEONE WHO IS DOWN.

ASSHOLES!!!
Did you do a food allergy/food intolerance test? In some cases these allergies can cause mental illnesses. For example there was a time when schizophrenia was called bread madness, because some people suddenly recovered when there was a bread shortage. And I'd wager to guess that it wasn't because of the gluten but because of the baker's yeast in it.
All of my tests have been psychological. I've heard talk about food and other things possibly playing a role but haven't been checked yet. A former co-worker who is a therapist related to me his understanding that schizophrenia has also been linked to some sort of process of neural trimming (or something like that) that gets out of control in some individuals in their 20s. I was diagnosed at age 25. I'll look into it, though every psychiatrist I've been to basically pushes nothing but pills as soon as I walk in the door for the first time.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Averroes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:41 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression.
Hi Gary. In case you might be interested, there are studies which shows that fasting can ease depression symptoms.
According to our results, the levels of serotonin in plasma of fasting states were significantly higher than those levels in non-fasting controls. Fuenmayorl and Garcia reported that fasting leads to increase the turnover of brain 5-HT and suggested that the fasting state may increase 5-HT turnover in all brain areas.
I don't know. I've had dieticians at mental health facilities encourage me to eat more diverse meals in terms of fruit, vegetables, and dairy. I could see how fasting does.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:39 pm There are places to complain and places not to complain.

You need to find a forum or a community where you can complain and get support.

That's not here.

Seek out suggestions from mental health professionals and websites.
I disagree. Philosophy is all-encompassing in life. It's not necessarily about specializing in a particular facet of existence. It's what I studied in college.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

What about something like this :
Here at the Mental Health Forum, you can speak openly and anonymously about your mental health experiences.

You can talk about what is going on in your life with people who know what’s it’s like to face mental health difficulties and everything that goes alongside them. Our experienced team of volunteers ensures that the Mental Health Forum is a safe place where everyone feels welcome.
https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

or this:
Welcome to My Support Forums, an online community of emotional and mental health support groups! Since 2001, we have provided a safe, supportive place online to share your thoughts & feelings, get support and advice, share your wins and stories, all without judgement. Overseen by a caring team of volunteers from around the world. Dr. John Grohol, the founder of the Psych Central mental health site, also founded and continues to oversee this community to provide a safe, supportive home for people seeking help with a life or mental health issue.

You are currently viewing our community as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions. By joining over 550,000 other members in our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.
https://mysupportforums.org/
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:15 pm What about something like this :
Here at the Mental Health Forum, you can speak openly and anonymously about your mental health experiences.

You can talk about what is going on in your life with people who know what’s it’s like to face mental health difficulties and everything that goes alongside them. Our experienced team of volunteers ensures that the Mental Health Forum is a safe place where everyone feels welcome.
https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

or this:
Welcome to My Support Forums, an online community of emotional and mental health support groups! Since 2001, we have provided a safe, supportive place online to share your thoughts & feelings, get support and advice, share your wins and stories, all without judgement. Overseen by a caring team of volunteers from around the world. Dr. John Grohol, the founder of the Psych Central mental health site, also founded and continues to oversee this community to provide a safe, supportive home for people seeking help with a life or mental health issue.

You are currently viewing our community as a guest, which gives you access to view most discussions. By joining over 550,000 other members in our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.
https://mysupportforums.org/
I'm not a leper. I can associate with "normal" people sometimes if I want.

I belong to the forum www.mentalhealthforum.net. I go there sometimes too.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:08 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:47 pm

ASSHOLES!!!
All of my tests have been psychological. I've heard talk about food and other things possibly playing a role but haven't been checked yet. A former co-worker who is a therapist related to me his understanding that schizophrenia has also been linked to some sort of process of neural trimming (or something like that) that gets out of control in some individuals in their 20s. I was diagnosed at age 25. I'll look into it, though every psychiatrist I've been to basically pushes nothing but pills as soon as I walk in the door for the first time.
Perscribing pills is what they are taught and paid to do imo, it's genuinely the only thing they know. Symptomatic treatment only. But I think at least a quarter or maybe even a third of major psychiatric illness cases could actually be greatly improved, maybe even mostly "cured", by finding preventable underlying causes such as food allergies/intolerances and autoimmune problems.

Isn't it strange that they never did a food allergy test on you? It takes like 10 seconds
Last edited by Atla on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

I can associate with "normal" people sometimes if I want.
Who says you can't?

But if you're calling people "assholes" because they don't respond to your complaints as you feel they should, then only complain in forums where people will be more "considerate". Don't complain here. It's obviously not working for you or others.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:11 pm
I don't know. I've had dieticians at mental health facilities encourage me to eat more diverse meals in terms of fruit, vegetables, and dairy. I could see how fasting does.
Fruits and vegetables are very good. The fasting in question is intermittant fasting. For example there is the 12:12 and 16:8 intermittent fasting. 16:8 means that for a window of 16 hours you fast and the remaining 8 hours you eat. In that 8 hours you can eat your vegetables and fruit and dairy. I do fasting for religious purposes, and it is clear for me that the benefits on the mental and cognitive level are real although I do not suffer from depression but my mood is definitely elevated during Ramadan. For someone not doing religious fasting, I would recommend the 16:8 intermittent fasting. Two times a week if you can. There are interesting videos on YouTube by health professionals that explain the benefits of intermittent fasting on mental health. Dr Berg has interesting videos on that if you are interested.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Averroes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:11 pm

Fruits and vegetables are very good. The fasting in question is intermittant fasting. For example there is the 12:12 and 16:8 intermittent fasting. 16:8 means that for a window of 16 hours you fast and the remaining 8 hours you eat. In that 8 hours you can eat your vegetables and fruit and dairy. I do fasting for religious purposes, and it is clear for me that the benefits on the mental and cognitive level are real although I do not suffer from depression but my mood is definitely elevated during Ramadan. For someone not doing religious fasting, I would recommend the 16:8 intermittent fasting. Two times a week if you can. There are interesting videos on YouTube by health professionals that explain the benefits of intermittent fasting on mental health. Dr Berg has interesting videos on that if you are interested.
That sounds roughly on track with suggestions I've had from mental health dieticians to abstain from snacking and just eat 3 meals a day. I can give it a try. Thanks.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

phyllo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:28 pm
Who says you can't?

But if you're calling people "assholes" because they don't respond to your complaints as you feel they should, then only complain in forums where people will be more "considerate". Don't complain here. It's obviously not working for you or others.
I"ll modify my behavior if others will modify theirs.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:50 pm
phyllo wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:28 pm
Who says you can't?

I"ll modify my behavior if others will modify theirs.
BTW, I"m not calling them assholes for "not responding the way they should" any more than YOU think I'm not responding the way I should. I'm calling them assholes for accusing me of creating my problems when I complain about having problems.