The Emperor's Anus

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

The Emperor's Anus

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

It's baffling. We have access to probably the greatest language that has ever existed as far as expressing oneself using the written word goes, yet 99 percent of what people write on here is incomprehensible garbage. I will write something as plainly as it's possible to write it, yet it will be taken as the complete opposite of what I have written-- by those who don't bat an eyelid at the ridiculous gibberish that people post on here. In fact they pretend to 'understand' it as something 'deep and meaningful'. The emperor really does have a hairy, unwashed anus.
promethean75

Re: The Emperor's Anus

Post by promethean75 »

When a post and a vegetariantaxidermy come into collision, is it always the post that sounds hollow?

(that's a paraphrasing of Schopenhauer btw)
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:28 pm It's baffling. We have access to probably the greatest language that has ever existed as far as expressing oneself using the written word goes, yet 99 percent of what people write on here is incomprehensible garbage. I will write something as plainly as it's possible to write it, yet it will be taken as the complete opposite of what I have written-- by those who don't bat an eyelid at the ridiculous gibberish that people post on here. In fact they pretend to 'understand' it as something 'deep and meaningful'. The emperor really does have a hairy, unwashed anus.
We accept your apology, of course. Not that you've given us any choice.
nemos

Post by nemos »

I believe that language is only an instrument for forming one's feelings in words and communicating with others. A tool by itself cannot create its user, on the contrary, the user determines the use of the tool. If the tool turns out to be overly complex, it can only confuse the user and he may have a strong desire to simplify it.

It is not wrong to think that the cultural environment in which we find ourselves (including language) shapes us. However, no one has forbidden us to adapt our environment to ourselves.

- The tools are definitely not to blame.

Also, the word is just the name of the file, and as such is not necessarily responsible for the content written in it. It can also create barriers in communication.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

This is a bizarre corner of the world. If one continues to post here and read posts here, well, one knows there will be strangeness. There's always https://thephilosophyforum.com/. They throw people out for being incomprehensible or aggressive. There's certain language-based silliness there also, but nothing like the level here. And then there's https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/ which seems to compete with PN for oddness. So, if one enjoys that here, there's more fun around the corner.

The internet is vast. I am sure there are places where people spend more time and care on communication. And where there is a low percentage of people who are just, well, damned sure they have found THE secret key to everything and only they did.
nemos

Post by nemos »

ouch, https://thephilosophyforum.com/ is asking for an invite... :(
Walker

Post by Walker »

I wonder who complained …