The American Republic has Ended, What Next?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: The American Republic has Ended, What Next?

Post by commonsense »

Rudy said in effect that if he could be indicted then anyone can be indicted. But his addled reasoning is bass ackward. He should’ve noted that if anyone can be indicted he can be.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 pm Rudy said in effect that if he could be indicted then anyone can be indicted. But his addled reasoning is bass ackward. He should’ve noted that if anyone can be indicted he can be.
He was wrong.
Only people who have evidence against them, that a grand jury has deemed for to convict can be indited.
RG has a mountain of evidence against him.
That is why he has been indicted and that is why he needs to go down just like the cheap criminal that he undoubedly is.
He has acated like Don Corleoni but without the charisma.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I’m afraid you don’t know the law."

'know' the law? I am the law
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:30 pm "I’m afraid you don’t know the law."

'know' the law? I am the law
Really? Buffy the Vampire Slayer on YARN?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Whud you want me to use... judge dredd? Everybody quotes judge dredd tho.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

OK. So Trump, Guiliani, and a few others are going to possibly live for a while, if not the remainder of their lives in a prison designed for high-profile criminals. Those prisons will probably not be the same sort of facilities that most ordinary "lawbreakers" are accustomed to. I've had fellow mentally ill acquaintances tell me of their experiences in jail. Sitting in cells naked having to piss and poop in a hole in the middle of the floor or something and other sorts of things that make me cringe.

Think of all the homeless people on the streets right now who can't even find a shelter to sleep in for more than one night at a time if at all. If Trump and others did indeed do some horrendous damage to our country, then Federal "country club" time (as it's sometimes sarcastically called) is probably the worst they'll get. The Bush administration is responsible for the murder of thousands of Iraqis and dutiful Americans (who volunteered for service) who fought them during the process of invading. The only thing Bush and most of his colleagues are suffering from is maybe a guilty conscience in his presidential retirement. Yes, I know guilt can be a difficult thing for a human to deal with. I'm not saying anyone needs to suffer, however, I'm not one of those people who has been in prison or lived on the streets who's had to deal with those conditions either (at least not yet). Heck, Brett Kavanaugh, who wrote some sort of famous defense of the Bush administration's invasions is sitting on the Supreme Court as a judge!

CAN WE STOP CREATING WARS AND TRY TO CREATE PEACE INSTEAD??? THAT IS REALLY ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE AT THIS POINT.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
Walker

Post by Walker »

Next ...

Spartacus says, “I am Trump.”
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Being a criminal and mass murderer is part of the job description for US presidents. Bush was far and away the worst of the worst in recent times yet he gets to live out his twilight years in enormous comfort, cosying up to hypocritical wonker celebrities and ex Presidents from both ends of the spectrum. It's a sickening little world we live in. And people wonder why I loathe wonkers so much. There is no justice. Julian Assange has been slowly rotting away for over a decade for what? For exposing the atrocities committed by the US and British war machines.
Yet the US has the fucking nerve to claim to value free speech. Sure it does. And not a whisper from the wonker bullshit factory.
Seymour Hersh got the Pullitzer prize for exposing the My Lai massacre and coverup. What is the difference?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:49 pm Being a criminal and mass murderer is part of the job description for US presidents. Bush was far and away the worst of the worst in recent times yet he gets to live out his twilight years in enormous comfort, cosying up to hypocritical wonker celebrities and ex Presidents from both ends of the spectrum. It's a sickening little world we live in. And people wonder why I loathe wonkers so much. There is no justice. Julian Assange has been slowly rotting away for over a decade for what? For exposing the atrocities committed by the US and British war machines.
Yet the US has the fucking nerve to claim to value free speech. Sure it does. And not a whisper from the wonker bullshit factory.
Seymour Hersh got the Pullitzer prize for exposing the My Lai massacre and coverup. What is the difference?
https://www.amnesty.org/en/petition/jul ... a-justice/
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:35 pm Next ...

Spartacus says, “I am Trump.”
Is John Brennan going to play Spartacus in the new movie?

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 073970002/
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:14 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:49 pm Being a criminal and mass murderer is part of the job description for US presidents. Bush was far and away the worst of the worst in recent times yet he gets to live out his twilight years in enormous comfort, cosying up to hypocritical wonker celebrities and ex Presidents from both ends of the spectrum. It's a sickening little world we live in. And people wonder why I loathe wonkers so much. There is no justice. Julian Assange has been slowly rotting away for over a decade for what? For exposing the atrocities committed by the US and British war machines.
Pathetic.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:55 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:14 pm
Pathetic.
Looks like all most of us can do right now is sign the Amnesty petition and speak up on his behalf. :(
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:16 pmWhen the people (the grand jury) examine evidence and find that there is a case to answer, even the big fat elites have to face justice.

Europe followed Trump's trend in Germany in the 1930s.It was not then enough to put Hitler in gaol. It ended badly for the whole world.
HOPEFULLY the courts will do their work and the old fat baby man will not be able to seek high office for the rest of his criminal life.

Thus, the work of the Georgia system of justice is protecting and preserving the Republic.
And you ought to be grateful that it seems to be manageing to do its work, despite death threats to the judge, the prosecutors and codefendants.

If you do not think America democratic then what the FUCK do you think a GRAND JURY is?
I would bet you have not got the slightest clue about what has been going on.
Democrats, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, these are all much bigger criminals than Trump. So why aren't they tried and convicted?

It's because America and Western Civilization no longer has equal Justice, and Justice has become weaponized politically.

How can USA be considered a Democracy when the most popular leader (Trump) isn't allowed to run? Isn't this what Soviet Russia does, persecute political dissidents? How is USA any different than North Korea or any banana republic?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:52 pmCriminal.jpg
You mean Obama, Biden, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, if you're looking for criminals.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:21 pmDammit. I wanted him to win next year, just to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from wonkers like Sculptor :cry:
He may still yet win. Democrats just made him far more popular than he was before the indictments.