Moderators: AMod, iMod

popeye1945

Re: The Sun Also Sets

Post by popeye1945 »

Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:26 am
popeye1945 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 am
Age wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:32 am

Life, Existence, the Universe.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but none of the above are eternal.
REALLY?

What ACTUAL PROOF do you have for this CLAIM here?
DUH!!

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:49 am
popeye1945 wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:45 am

Sorry to rain on your parade, but none of the above are eternal.
REALLY?

DUH!!
SO, this reply of YOURS could be taken as YOU have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF, AT ALL, whereas IRREFUTABLE PROOF that 'Life', 'Existence', AND the Universe ARE ETERNAL EXISTS.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:45 pm

REALLY?

DUH!!
SO, this reply of YOURS could be taken as YOU have ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF, AT ALL, whereas IRREFUTABLE PROOF that 'Life', 'Existence', AND the Universe ARE ETERNAL EXISTS.
What proof is there that life, existence, and the universe are eternal?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm

DUH!!
The physical and logical IMPOSSIBILITY that they could not be.

That there is some kind of border or limitation to those 'Things' here is solely made up by 'human thought' and 'thinking', itself, and a big reason WHY 'you', human beings, do 'this' is because 'you' have 'a beginning', and thus 'began', so 'you' IMAGINE EVERY 'thing' ELSE MUST OF ALSO.

Now if absolutely ANY one would like to share what they think or BELIEVE is 'evidence' for ANY of those 'Things' NOT being eternal and/or infinite, then please do. Then we can delve into WHERE and WHAT the DISTORTION/S and/or MISINTERPRETION/S ARE, EXACTLY.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Is the science I learned in the 1980s all lies? Will our sun not explode? Will our environment not be destroyed? Is it not statistically probable that an asteroid will hit Earth someday? Will each and every one of us not die some day?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:43 pm Is the science I learned in the 1980s all lies? Will our sun not explode? Will our environment not be destroyed? Is it not statistically probable that an asteroid will hit Earth someday? Will each and every one of us not die some day?
Good post. The answers are obvious, however I doubt that Age will acknowledge it. If he doesn’t agree with your point, I think he’s cray-cray.
bahman

Post by bahman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:01 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:02 pm the sun will go supernova soon enough

-Imp
It will never do that. It's not massive enough.
You are right: https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists ... ll-be-epic
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:01 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:02 pm the sun will go supernova soon enough

-Imp
It will never do that. It's not massive enough.
They also said the son will never sit on the brutish umpire.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:43 pm Is the science I learned in the 1980s all lies? Will our sun not explode? Will our environment not be destroyed? Is it not statistically probable that an asteroid will hit Earth someday? Will each and every one of us not die some day?
Of even greater urgency, would you rather be the first black dwarf or just a super flash, and do you really think you have a choice?
Walker

Post by Walker »

REALLY?

DUH!!
The mirror is as eternal as eteral can ever be, however, all reflections in the mirror are ... transitoree.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:16 am
Of even greater urgency, would you rather be the first black dwarf or just a super flash, and do you really think you have a choice?
We all have choices. The consequences are what we don't choose. For some of us the consequences don't fit what I call justice. Socrates was murdered because he "knew what he didn't know" according to Plato. Christ was murdered because he talked back to the authorities of his day. M.L. King was murdered because he caused a ruckus to incite justice. When the justice system is run by thieves, that's the kind of justice we get. Is the justice system always run by thieves? Not necessarily. If judges uphold justice, then they aren't thieves. If the powerful abide by certain rules that ensure justice, then they are just.

There is no evidence that I've heard of that the 2020 voting machines were rigged or that anyone counted votes to deliberately give victory to Biden. The election was "rigged" in so far as the Democratic and Republican parties control who appears on the ballot and who doesn't. The people of the US do not control who runs the country as we all know. However, Trump decided to go the dishonest route and tell everyone that he won the popular vote when he did not. Trump is also a man of power and influence and that's all he can do is say that the machines were rigged. That is a lie. Had Trump correctly stated the true means by which our elections are rigged, then he wouldn't be where he is now.

Why did Trump seek to undermine the voting machines and turn it into a war among the rulers? Why hasn't Trump called out the process as it really is, a process where leadership is restricted to those with enough affluence and wield enough power to participate? I think I know the answer. But I am interested in hearing your answer.

Post by Age »

If this was directed to me, then;

When I write this I have absolutely NO idea what you learned, nor did not learn, in regards to 'science' in the 1980's so I can NOT Accurately answer this question, but I would find it highly unlikely that ALL of the 'science' you learned in those years would ALL be LIES.

For me to be able to answer your second question Accurately, then I need to KNOW what you mean by 'our', in 'our environment'?

WHY would you even ask the third question here? I would suggest that it is NOT just statistically probable that an asteroid will hit earth someday but will be an ACTUALITY.

For the fourth and last question here, it would all depend on what 'you' mean by 'us', EXACTLY?

See, to 'me', 'you', the 'person', in a way, NEVER ACTUALLY, what is called, 'dies'.

But, anyway what has the earth and its TINY, MINUSCULE insignificance, in relation to the Universe, Itself, have absolutely ANY 'thing' AT ALL to do with what I ACTUALLY SAID, WROTE, and MEANT, above?

But, if what you wrote above was NOT directed to me, then just forget about these answers, and responses.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:00 pm
Saying... ''What proof is there that life, existence, and the universe is eternal''... happens.

What more proof of that ''happening'' do you want?

What if eternity is an infinite succession of now's, meaning, now never moves an inch, meaning, eternity is only ever right here and now? Where else does now happen?

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm
Good post.
WHY is a post of JUST QUESTIONS, a so-called 'good post'?
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm The answers are obvious, however I doubt that Age will acknowledge it.
If I did NOT 'stumble' across 'that post' of "gary childress", then I would have NEVER acknowledged it.

That post did NOT include a quote of mine so I NEVER received a notification, and if I did NOT come across that post, then would you have THEN CONCLUDED that you were 'right' in 'your doubt' about me NOT acknowledging that post?

Also, if the answers to 'that post' are OBVIOUS, to you, then was 'the science' that "gary childress" learned in the 1980's ACTUALLY ALL 'lies'?

Now, either way, what has 'that' got to do WITH the words that I ACTUALLY WROTE?

Furthermore, WHY did you even 'doubt' that I would acknowledge 'that post'.

As there EVER been ANY post that was direct TO 'me', and which I became AWARE OF, that I have NOT acknowledged?

If yes, then which one/s EXACTLY?
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm If he doesn’t agree with your point, I think he’s cray-cray.
And what was "gary childress" 'point', EXACTLY?

From what I have ascertained so far "gary childress" has ALSO NOT even BEGUN to UNDERSTAND what I was ACTUALLY SAYING, and MEANING.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:44 pm
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm
Good post.
WHY is a post of JUST QUESTIONS, a so-called 'good post'?
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm The answers are obvious, however I doubt that Age will acknowledge it.
If I did NOT 'stumble' across 'that post' of "gary childress", then I would have NEVER acknowledged it.

That post did NOT include a quote of mine so I NEVER received a notification, and if I did NOT come across that post, then would you have THEN CONCLUDED that you were 'right' in 'your doubt' about me NOT acknowledging that post?

Also, if the answers to 'that post' are OBVIOUS, to you, then was 'the science' that "gary childress" learned in the 1980's ACTUALLY ALL 'lies'?

Now, either way, what has 'that' got to do WITH the words that I ACTUALLY WROTE?

Furthermore, WHY did you even 'doubt' that I would acknowledge 'that post'.

As there EVER been ANY post that was direct TO 'me', and which I became AWARE OF, that I have NOT acknowledged?

If yes, then which one/s EXACTLY?
commonsense wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:26 pm If he doesn’t agree with your point, I think he’s cray-cray.
And what was "gary childress" 'point', EXACTLY?

From what I have ascertained so far "gary childress" has ALSO NOT even BEGUN to UNDERSTAND what I was ACTUALLY SAYING, and MEANING.
WTF