Is it truly worth trying to fix the world if eventually it will end up broken anyway?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Toppsy Kretts

Is it truly worth trying to fix the world if eventually it will end up broken anyway?

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

We all can agree of a couple of things, correct?

The world is chaotic we all can agree?
The world is ever so slowly coming to an end...eventually.
The way of man proves more to greed than intellect for evolution. ( Meaning that we would rather spy through the peoples camera as Big Brother once did, than to focus our technology upon a higher function of Mag Leg equipment, and or anything that could make it relatively easier for mankind to progress growth and a sort of advancement)

As beautiful as the world is we can all understandably grasp the concept of reality in this inevitable situation...The world as we know it is coming to an end. Sooner or later.
I do not believe that I will be alive when it :Bites the Bullet" Though possibly my great great great grandkids may have some different recollection of this event though for now I think it is safe to say we are safe and sound.

Though I have the mind of God so this is very well a simple a powerful thought to have.
LuckyR

Re: Is it truly worth trying to fix the world if eventually it will end up broken anyway?

Post by LuckyR »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:39 pm We all can agree of a couple of things, correct?

The world is chaotic we all can agree?
The world is ever so slowly coming to an end...eventually.
The way of man proves more to greed than intellect for evolution. ( Meaning that we would rather spy through the peoples camera as Big Brother once did, than to focus our technology upon a higher function of Mag Leg equipment, and or anything that could make it relatively easier for mankind to progress growth and a sort of advancement)

As beautiful as the world is we can all understandably grasp the concept of reality in this inevitable situation...The world as we know it is coming to an end. Sooner or later.
I do not believe that I will be alive when it :Bites the Bullet" Though possibly my great great great grandkids may have some different recollection of this event though for now I think it is safe to say we are safe and sound.

Though I have the mind of God so this is very well a simple a powerful thought to have.
A question that I hear phrased slightly differently from time to time. Basically it is an extrapolation of an "ends" vs "means" issue. What is the relative value of doing something for it's own sake plus the value for short-term conclusions (say within one's own lifetime) vs that of the long-term implications (say of a truly permanent nature, "permanent meaning: close to the lifetime of planet earth) of the same action?

Well, essentially everyone values the former much more than the latter. That doesn't mean it has more value, just that it is more popular to have that opinion. What's your opinion? Mine is that I truly give the permanent (on planetary lifescale time periods) implications of my actions exactly zero consideration.
Toppsy Kretts

Re: Is it truly worth trying to fix the world if eventually it will end up broken anyway?

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

LuckyR wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:03 am
I truly give the permanent implications of my actions exactly zero consideration.
I would advise you to reconsider your actions friend and hold dear to your thoughts and doings.
Though on the contrary one does not live his life with no considerations. You may not think before you act like many do and sometimes for me more often than not me myself doeseth of these natures. One cannot completely live without taking account before for things that impact his or her life.
You may want to believe that your quick reflexing decision making is you not truly taking into account the actions or thoughts and words you speak but I can assure you friend you do as well as any other decide the rules outs and have-nots of your given situations. Be true and be real my friend, for the world fails as a whole for being a sloth and taking no account for their actions.
You did not state you think the world may be falling for the ways for which you implied you act, but you did suggest with pleasure of how you act in the since of no recollection of your actions, so I deduce you may have simply implied that the world does see the things in which you displayed to be in the same boat as which you implied am I correct??

I see that I must require more recollection upon my actions amidst this vast world. I see that it is truly failing and its just racking up markings for in the need these will be displayed amongst the masses for all the wrongs we have done to this planet, these people, these animals that were given to us. we were provided everything...and we took it all for granted. We threw everything away. We chose rather than to benefit and thrive ( in the natural more forgiving sense of the word ) we chose to deliberately hate and do wrongs to our brothers and sisters. To despise those who do wrongs to us. We have become the thing we hate the most...wicked creatures. We deserve the worst of things for the atrocities we have committed amongst our brethren.

Must we hate? Must we not accept the life we are given? How can a man truly live when he does not admire the world around him? Acceptance is a priority, a necessity if you will, a necessity many of men lack and will sadly will never find.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:41 am
LuckyR wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:03 am
I truly give the permanent implications of my actions exactly zero consideration.
I would advise you to reconsider your actions friend and hold dear to your thoughts and doings.
Though on the contrary one does not live his life with no considerations. You may not think before you act like many do and sometimes for me more often than not me myself doeseth of these natures. One cannot completely live without taking account before for things that impact his or her life.
You may want to believe that your quick reflexing decision making is you not truly taking into account the actions or thoughts and words you speak but I can assure you friend you do as well as any other decide the rules outs and have-nots of your given situations. Be true and be real my friend, for the world fails as a whole for being a sloth and taking no account for their actions.
You did not state you think the world may be falling for the ways for which you implied you act, but you did suggest with pleasure of how you act in the since of no recollection of your actions, so I deduce you may have simply implied that the world does see the things in which you displayed to be in the same boat as which you implied am I correct??

I see that I must require more recollection upon my actions amidst this vast world. I see that it is truly failing and its just racking up markings for in the need these will be displayed amongst the masses for all the wrongs we have done to this planet, these people, these animals that were given to us. we were provided everything...and we took it all for granted. We threw everything away. We chose rather than to benefit and thrive ( in the natural more forgiving sense of the word ) we chose to deliberately hate and do wrongs to our brothers and sisters. To despise those who do wrongs to us. We have become the thing we hate the most...wicked creatures. We deserve the worst of things for the atrocities we have committed amongst our brethren.

Must we hate? Must we not accept the life we are given? How can a man truly live when he does not admire the world around him? Acceptance is a priority, a necessity if you will, a necessity many of men lack and will sadly will never find.
Nice try bub, but this isn't my first rodeo. Why did you not quote my explanation of permanent that I included in parentheses? Perhaps because it renders your sermon moot?

Whenever folks wax poetic on the "evils of mankind", I always question whether those who make this sort of grand declaration include themselves in the group. So do you?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

LuckyR wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:51 am
Nice try bub, Why did you not quote my explanation ? Perhaps because it renders your sermon moot?

So do you?
You act as if I am trying to make your argument to mine not as it may seem and you are wrong. I send your quotes of comments back to responding in the form that I am looking at the most. VIA the sentence of your own you are seeing.

My rephrasing cannot hinder the mind of some intellectual like myself anything but coherent.

You have still not decided to answer my question only by asking me another question. this conversation will go nowhere if the reason it is thriving is from a set question I had spoken, and you replied no answer to begin with. therefore my words may reside hidden amongst you until I can understand the mind of your opinion in this matter.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

we do what we can with what we have

the future never arrives

-Imp
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:40 pm we do what we can with what we have
I like that statement.
Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:40 pm the future never arrives
__this meaning we are in a constant state of present that seemingly consistently arrives but never begins, but is always here, always leaves?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:13 am
Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:40 pm we do what we can with what we have
I like that statement.
Impenitent wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:40 pm the future never arrives
__this meaning we are in a constant state of present that seemingly consistently arrives but never begins, but is always here, always leaves?
constant state of present yes

one needs to be careful- an oft repeated saying: if you live with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're on your ass today...

-Imp
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:10 am if you live with one foot in the past and one foot in the future, you're on your ass today...

-Imp
i like that one as well :lol: