God doesn't deserve worship

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: God doesn't deserve worship

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:20 am
Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:32 pm
promethean75 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:38 pm It's like an innocently childish mode of low level arguing and contradicting just for the sake of it. He's not even sure what he's asking and why. Like something a seventh grade autistic kid who combs his bangs to the right and listens to Foster The People would do to dominate conversation with a small group of friends standing at the lockers between classes.

Age I need u to try and be normal for a minute just chill and don't ask me exactly what I mean and tell me how I'm part of a cult of adults who think they know everything etc.

Just relax and tell me something about a vacation u once took. What was the coolest memory of the vacation?
What we have here is ANOTHER one who Truly can NOT stand it when I POINT OUT and SHOW the CONTRADICTIONS and/or INCONSISTENCIES in their BELIEFS and CLAIMS, and instead of just being OPEN and Honest in reply they resort to TAUNTS and CRITIQUES OF 'the person'. Which IS the VERY EXACT OPPOSITE of what 'philosophy' is ALL ABOUT by the way.

ALSO, look AT how so EASY and SIMPLY these adult human beings could be FOOLED and DECIEVED, back in those days, "wizard22" BELIEVES one of my replies was NOT a great 'counter-argument', but when I implied that I NEVER even provided a counter-argument when I QUESTIONED "wizard22" about my reply, "wizard22" then CLAIMS that my reply WAS an argument. To which "promethean75" picks up on 'this' as though I am 'a child', which by the way these adult human beings USED as a form of BELITTLEMENT and RIDICULE, the ABSURDITY and CRUELNESS OF speaks VOLUMES for itself, ANYWAY "promethean75" talks TO "wizard22" in a combining way to 'TRY TO' RIDICULE and HUMILIATE 'me' as though I have done some 'thing' WRONG here.

All I essentially did was just POINT OUT and SHOW that I was NOT 'arguing' FOR NOR AGAINST ANY 'thing' here, and I was just POINTING OUT this Fact.

Although these two OBVIOUSLY could NOT YET SEE and RECOGNIZE 'this'.
Sure, but what was your favourite memory of a vacation (not including the one where you chopped your Mum up into small pieces and fed them to the fellow campers in a broth).
What would it really matter, in a philosophy forum?

Either what one SAYS and CLAIMS is true or not, and whether what I did on so-called 'vacation' was true or not has NO real bearing on the philosophical, or Truly MEANINGFUL, 'things' in Life.

AND, ONCE AGAIN, 'we' can CLEARLY SEE 'this' has gotten TURNED AROUND to LOOK AT 'me', the IMAGINED 'person', and NOT AT the WORDS that I USE here.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:53 am
Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:32 pm

What we have here is ANOTHER one who Truly can NOT stand it when I POINT OUT and SHOW the CONTRADICTIONS and/or INCONSISTENCIES in their BELIEFS and CLAIMS, and instead of just being OPEN and Honest in reply they resort to TAUNTS and CRITIQUES OF 'the person'. Which IS the VERY EXACT OPPOSITE of what 'philosophy' is ALL ABOUT by the way.

ALSO, look AT how so EASY and SIMPLY these adult human beings could be FOOLED and DECIEVED, back in those days, "wizard22" BELIEVES one of my replies was NOT a great 'counter-argument', but when I implied that I NEVER even provided a counter-argument when I QUESTIONED "wizard22" about my reply, "wizard22" then CLAIMS that my reply WAS an argument. To which "promethean75" picks up on 'this' as though I am 'a child', which by the way these adult human beings USED as a form of BELITTLEMENT and RIDICULE, the ABSURDITY and CRUELNESS OF speaks VOLUMES for itself, ANYWAY "promethean75" talks TO "wizard22" in a combining way to 'TRY TO' RIDICULE and HUMILIATE 'me' as though I have done some 'thing' WRONG here.

All I essentially did was just POINT OUT and SHOW that I was NOT 'arguing' FOR NOR AGAINST ANY 'thing' here, and I was just POINTING OUT this Fact.

Although these two OBVIOUSLY could NOT YET SEE and RECOGNIZE 'this'.
Sure, but what was your favourite memory of a vacation (not including the one where you chopped your Mum up into small pieces and fed them to the fellow campers in a broth).

Either what one SAYS and CLAIMS is true or not, and whether what I did on so-called 'vacation' was true or not has NO real bearing on the philosophical, or Truly MEANINGFUL, 'things' in Life.

AND, ONCE AGAIN, 'we' can CLEARLY SEE 'this' has gotten TURNED AROUND to LOOK AT 'me', the IMAGINED 'person', and NOT AT the WORDS that I USE here.
True true, prom75 should have asked you about any vacations in the "LOUNGE" area where we are allowed to remove our 'philosophy' hats.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:56 am
Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:53 am

True true, prom75 should have asked you about any vacations in the "LOUNGE" area where we are allowed to remove our 'philosophy' hats.
YES, that would have been FAR MORE APPROPRIATE.

THANK you FOR RECOGNIZING 'this'.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:26 pmBut, unlike you I am NOT even 'trying to' argue NOR counter-argue here.

I AM, INSTEAD, mostly just POINTING OUT and SHOWING a few 'things', as well as QUESTIONING and CHALLENGING some of the BELIEFS that 'you' have and hold here.
Maybe you should try then, given how poor your ability to argue is?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:32 am
Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:26 pmBut, unlike you I am NOT even 'trying to' argue NOR counter-argue here.

I AM, INSTEAD, mostly just POINTING OUT and SHOWING a few 'things', as well as QUESTIONING and CHALLENGING some of the BELIEFS that 'you' have and hold here.
Maybe you should try then, given how poor your ability to argue is?
LOL you STILL DO NOT GET 'it'.

I am NOT 'arguing' here, BECAUSE unlike 'you' 'I' have NO NEED to.

I AM DOING some 'thing' ELSE, INSTEAD.

So, to "others", if 'they' ARE STUPID ENOUGH to think I AM ARGUING HERE, then I would HOPE that my ability TO ARGUE, to 'them', does appear to be 'poor'.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:58 amLOL you STILL DO NOT GET 'it'.

So, to "others", if 'they' ARE STUPID ENOUGH to think I AM ARGUING HERE, then I would HOPE that my ability TO ARGUE, to 'them', does appear to be 'poor'.
The harder you try not to argue, the better your arguments become.

Keep doing it!
puto

Post by puto »

If you want to rant, rant but learn how to write about that rant. You cannot understand what is being written, something about because..., and an argument. If why, do not. Not has a meaning or are you trying to be stipulative, use it in a hypothetical syllogism. This board tries to be skeptical, but you do not even know how to write, and when you do it is when you try to be rational, lol.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:42 am
Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:58 amLOL you STILL DO NOT GET 'it'.

The harder you try not to argue, the better your arguments become.

Keep doing it!
Okay. If 'this' IS what 'you' BELIEVE IS HAPPENING, then THE BETTER 'this' WORKS OUT FOR 'me'.

Also, 'you' STILL ARE NOT GETTING IT. I have NOT BEEN 'arguing', let alone, and LAUGHABLY, NOT 'trying to argue'.

Can 'you' REALLY STILL NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE here "wizard22"?

Post by Age »

puto wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:55 pm If you want to rant, rant but learn how to write about that rant. You cannot understand what is being written, something about because..., and an argument. If why, do not. Not has a meaning or are you trying to be stipulative, use it in a hypothetical syllogism. This board tries to be skeptical, but you do not even know how to write, and when you do it is when you try to be rational, lol.
WHO are 'you' talking TO here "puto"?

And, are 'you' even AWARE that 'your' sentences here do NOT make ACTUAL sense in THE WAY they are WRITTEN?

Is "english" your first language?

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:54 am You are really making an arbitrary line there without any definition. Does God need to act as your personal genie all day, every day, for eternity, in order to be worthy of worship? We live in a world where every human dies of old age.
What do you mean here?

When does a 'human' start, EXACTLY? And, if a human so-called 'dies' one second after 'that start', for example, are you saying that 'they' died of old age also?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:54 am I'm sure if the world had your utopian concept of a weather system, there is no end to things that happen to you that are unwanted in your life to some degree. For some people, the opportunity of living a human life is more than sufficient to be worthy of worship. If literally everything is handed to you on a silver platter in an eternal life, it might not be a very interesting life. Perhaps God believes that humans need purpose in life more than just getting wishes granted all day long. Look at what humans do with virtual worlds. Do they chose a video game where everything is just handed to them and they sip margaritas on the beach, or do they choose worlds where there are lots of bad things happening?
If it is the latter, then could this be because 'that' is all they really know anyway?
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Age wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:43 pm
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:54 am You are really making an arbitrary line there without any definition. Does God need to act as your personal genie all day, every day, for eternity, in order to be worthy of worship? We live in a world where every human dies of old age.
What do you mean here?

When does a 'human' start, EXACTLY? And, if a human so-called 'dies' one second after 'that start', for example, are you saying that 'they' died of old age also?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:54 am I'm sure if the world had your utopian concept of a weather system, there is no end to things that happen to you that are unwanted in your life to some degree. For some people, the opportunity of living a human life is more than sufficient to be worthy of worship. If literally everything is handed to you on a silver platter in an eternal life, it might not be a very interesting life. Perhaps God believes that humans need purpose in life more than just getting wishes granted all day long. Look at what humans do with virtual worlds. Do they chose a video game where everything is just handed to them and they sip margaritas on the beach, or do they choose worlds where there are lots of bad things happening?
If it is the latter, then could this be because 'that' is all they really know anyway?
What are your minimum conditions for a world that would result in you worshiping God? I'm sorry about the missing words in my post... I meant to say every human eventually dies of old age if they don't die of something else first. And so even if everything in a human life were to go absolutely "perfectly", they eventually die and you can then claim that God is not worthy of worship because a human life you valued ended.

Post by Age »

rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am
What do you mean here?

What are your minimum conditions for a world that would result in you worshiping God?
To me God is NOT some 'thing' that needs to be NOR even wants to be 'worshiped'.

That a human being has come-to-exist WITH 'consciousness' of BEING ALIVE and LIVING in THE Universe I think is some 'thing' to MARVEL, BEHOLD, and NOT 'take for granted', as the length of 'time' that 'this' ACTUALLY happens and occurs IN, is, literally, 'in the blink of an eye', RELATIVE to the WHOLE Picture and STORY.

But, it also depends on HOW 'we' want to define the 'worship' word here.

If by just living WITH 'the earth', "others", and THE Universe, Itself, and NOT 'abusing' ANY of those 'things', then 'this behavior' could be, in a way, 'worshiping', which I would then say could be and would be a 'minimum condition' 'for a world' that IS resulting in 'worshiping' God, Itself. But then 'I' do HAVE and USE a DIFFERENT definition of 'God', then most of 'you', adult human beings. HAVE and USE.
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am I'm sorry about the missing words in my post...
you do NOT have to be 'sorry' for 'this', well NOT to 'me' anyway, as 'we' ALL do 'this' from time to time. It is just some 'thing' that 'we' ALL NEED to be 'more aware of', and need to 'catch' "ourselves" when 'we' do 'it', if 'we' really want to communicate better with "each other".
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am I meant to say every human eventually dies of old age if they don't die of something else first.
you might find 'me' VERY ANNOYING, like "others" do here, but I have a tendency to 'pick up' on ABSOLUTELY EVERY 'thing' that I SEE is NOT expressing the ABSOLUTE, ACTUAL, and IRREFUTABLE Truth.

It has been reported that ACTUALLY NO human being so-calls 'dies' of 'old age'. 'They' ALWAYS ALL 'die' of some 'thing' ELSE. And, if one is to think ABOUT 'this' from a Truly OPEN perspective, and NOT just LISTEN TO 'it' FROM 'previous experiences' ONLY, then there might well be FAR MORE truth in 'this'.

If we are think ABOUT what IS 'old age', EXACTLY, THEN what IS 'old age', EXACTLY? And, HOW could one, ACTUALLY, 'die' of 'it'?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am And so even if everything in a human life were to go absolutely "perfectly",
BUT absolutely EVERY 'thing' IS going ABSOLUTELY 'PERFECTLY', in Life, the Universe, Itself, and thus in human life AS WELL. Although there are SOME human beings who might NOT 'think so'.
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am they eventually die and you can then claim that God is not worthy of worship because a human life you valued ended.
1. 'Valuing' 'one human life' OVER "another" is FOOLISH in and of itself. Although, OBVIOUSLY, 'you', human beings, are brought up to BELIEVE that 'doing so' is the RIGHT and even BEST 'thing' TO DO.

2. ACTUALLY NO 'human being' 'dies'. Although, and obviously, EVERY 'human body' STOPS pumping blood and STOPS breathing.

3. I would suggest that one would HAVE TO KNOW, FULLY, who and what 'God' IS, EXACTLY, BEFORE they could even BEGIN TO CLAIM that God IS, or IS NOT, so-called 'worthy of worship'. And, ONCE one KNOWS who and what 'God' IS, EXACTLY and FULLY, then ANY perception of being so-called 'worthy of worship', or not, disintegrates COMPLETELY.
rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Age wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:37 am
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am
What do you mean here?

What are your minimum conditions for a world that would result in you worshiping God?
To me God is NOT some 'thing' that needs to be NOR even wants to be 'worshiped'.

That a human being has come-to-exist WITH 'consciousness' of BEING ALIVE and LIVING in THE Universe I think is some 'thing' to MARVEL, BEHOLD, and NOT 'take for granted', as the length of 'time' that 'this' ACTUALLY happens and occurs IN, is, literally, 'in the blink of an eye', RELATIVE to the WHOLE Picture and STORY.

But, it also depends on HOW 'we' want to define the 'worship' word here.

If by just living WITH 'the earth', "others", and THE Universe, Itself, and NOT 'abusing' ANY of those 'things', then 'this behavior' could be, in a way, 'worshiping', which I would then say could be and would be a 'minimum condition' 'for a world' that IS resulting in 'worshiping' God, Itself. But then 'I' do HAVE and USE a DIFFERENT definition of 'God', then most of 'you', adult human beings. HAVE and USE.
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am I'm sorry about the missing words in my post...
you do NOT have to be 'sorry' for 'this', well NOT to 'me' anyway, as 'we' ALL do 'this' from time to time. It is just some 'thing' that 'we' ALL NEED to be 'more aware of', and need to 'catch' "ourselves" when 'we' do 'it', if 'we' really want to communicate better with "each other".
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am I meant to say every human eventually dies of old age if they don't die of something else first.
you might find 'me' VERY ANNOYING, like "others" do here, but I have a tendency to 'pick up' on ABSOLUTELY EVERY 'thing' that I SEE is NOT expressing the ABSOLUTE, ACTUAL, and IRREFUTABLE Truth.

It has been reported that ACTUALLY NO human being so-calls 'dies' of 'old age'. 'They' ALWAYS ALL 'die' of some 'thing' ELSE. And, if one is to think ABOUT 'this' from a Truly OPEN perspective, and NOT just LISTEN TO 'it' FROM 'previous experiences' ONLY, then there might well be FAR MORE truth in 'this'.

If we are think ABOUT what IS 'old age', EXACTLY, THEN what IS 'old age', EXACTLY? And, HOW could one, ACTUALLY, 'die' of 'it'?
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am And so even if everything in a human life were to go absolutely "perfectly",
BUT absolutely EVERY 'thing' IS going ABSOLUTELY 'PERFECTLY', in Life, the Universe, Itself, and thus in human life AS WELL. Although there are SOME human beings who might NOT 'think so'.
rootseeker wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 am they eventually die and you can then claim that God is not worthy of worship because a human life you valued ended.
1. 'Valuing' 'one human life' OVER "another" is FOOLISH in and of itself. Although, OBVIOUSLY, 'you', human beings, are brought up to BELIEVE that 'doing so' is the RIGHT and even BEST 'thing' TO DO.

2. ACTUALLY NO 'human being' 'dies'. Although, and obviously, EVERY 'human body' STOPS pumping blood and STOPS breathing.

3. I would suggest that one would HAVE TO KNOW, FULLY, who and what 'God' IS, EXACTLY, BEFORE they could even BEGIN TO CLAIM that God IS, or IS NOT, so-called 'worthy of worship'. And, ONCE one KNOWS who and what 'God' IS, EXACTLY and FULLY, then ANY perception of being so-called 'worthy of worship', or not, disintegrates COMPLETELY.
I agree with most of what you said including that humans don't in medical terms die of old age and living an authentic life respectful of others (to borrow a word from existentialism) can in some sense be a form of worshiping God. However, even though God may not need or want to be worshiped, humans may want to worship God anyways. Just as there are people who don't celebrate their own birthday in any way, but other people celebrate their birthday. However, I don't think one needs to know every single detail about a person before they celebrate their birthday, and for the same reason I don't think one needs to know every single detail about God before worshiping god. So if someone's intuition is that God is exceptionally good and furthermore that it gives them satisfaction with life to worship God, then I believe it is a good idea for them to do that. I can understand how there is an indirect self-referential loop in God creating a person to focus on the external, but the person then focuses on God, which reflects back internally. Someone might arrive at the conclusion that therefore its better to worship by living an authentic respectful life than singing songs of praise, which I look at as a personal preference that does not offend God either way.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:19 pmOkay. If 'this' IS what 'you' BELIEVE IS HAPPENING, then THE BETTER 'this' WORKS OUT FOR 'me'.

Also, 'you' STILL ARE NOT GETTING IT. I have NOT BEEN 'arguing', let alone, and LAUGHABLY, NOT 'trying to argue'.

You're not very self-conscious.

At what age do you believe you first recognized yourself in a mirror?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:41 am
Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:19 pmOkay. If 'this' IS what 'you' BELIEVE IS HAPPENING, then THE BETTER 'this' WORKS OUT FOR 'me'.

You're not very self-conscious.
LOL
LOL
LOL

If 'you' ONLY KNEW "wizard22".
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:41 am At what age do you believe you first recognized yourself in a mirror?
IF 'one' THINKS that what 'they' SEE IN A mirror IS 'them', a 'self', or 'self-recognition', then 'this' just EXPLAINS and SHOWS WHY 'these human beings', BACK THEN when this is being written, took SO LONG TO COME-TO-REALIZE and COME-TO-KNOW the, proper AND correct, ANSWER TO the QUESTION, 'Who am 'I'?' AS 'we' DO.

What 'you' are SAYING and WRITING here "wizard22" is SO VERY OLD and OUTDATED that 'it' is hardly even REMEMBERED in the 'psyche' ANYMORE.