Who are your favourite comedians and Y?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Who are your favourite comedians and Y?

Post by Walker »

The Y is self-evident.
Isn't it?

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHsay6P_J4
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Well, my favorite comedians here are Age, attofishpi, henry quirk and Immanuel Cant.

Y?

Don't get me started. 8)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

My position is similar but different. Ultimately i understand why people believe in the christian god (excepting henry but deists are kinda the same here) and i understand that life is very difficult and disappointing and that such beliefs can be 'positive' in a william jamesean way and help people live better lives etc. I also believe that the four mentioned are good willed.

Taking this in mind, and the fact that it wouldn't really be important in any real way if those mentioned were atheists, i am almost completely unmoved and indifferent to what seems to entertain or offend u.

Everybody gets an intellectual get out of jail free card from me in philosophy becuz i have very intimate experience with existential dread and despair and know why people become religious... and i very much appreciate pascal's logic for the common man (i call the type) in that sense.

There are people who might as well become christian - they're living like that already really - who would be better people becuz of the effects of that belief in their kind of life. Take the protestant work ethic ethos. That was some good shit (still is) despite it being philosophically founded on a buncha malarkey. That's what james is talkin bout. What are the results of the belief. The cash value.

I bet u Chris Ti. Anity is a very stabilizing force in the lives of the four musketeers u mention.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:47 pm I bet u Chris Ti. Anity is a very stabilizing force in the lives of the four musketeers u mention.
Really? God is a kunt that drove me to suicide on more than one occasion. One time I gave it a bloody good crack without doing it the physical way, ya know the ol' angle grinder to the jugular.

You've clearly barely read a word I have said.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Does anyone know any really good wonker comedians? Really funny ones who never say anything that other wonkers could get 'offended on behalf of'?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:44 am Well, my favorite comedians here are Age, attofishpi, henry quirk and Immanuel Cant.

Y?

Don't get me started. 8)
Oh, I see you used a type of shorthand for the word WHY?

Let me point out something for your faithless short of sight atheist brain, doing a bit of permutation\combination maths.

Approximate odds of the letter Y being phonetically identical to the word "WHY" is 1 in 11,364, or about 0.000088

So extremely slim odds that the letter Y = the word WHY AND happens to be the letter that CHRIST made when he dangled away insisting we all love and respect each other.

Comprehend? or is all that just a big joke to U?

:twisted: