General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: The Limerick Meditations

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:19 pm
Dubious wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:13 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:58 am Typical male :roll:
As a general observation, it's hard to know what's typical anymore. Insanity has no limitations one can describe as "typical". Each "new normal" is more insane than the last. Paradoxically, it seems the more we know, the shorter the future will be.
I was referring to fishpi's mean-spirited reaction. That was a wonderful limerick, but I knew that no males on here would acknowledge that.
What was 'mean-spirited' by me when I stated that it was a very good limerick? Also Dubious stated the same adding 'excellent (Dubious is a male, believe or not)
I think the dynamite pill limerick is much funnier, and since humour is apparently key to measuring the quality of a limerick, I prefer it. Of course Maia's is far more intelligent, just not as funny.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dubious wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:48 am

As a general observation, it's hard to know what's typical anymore. Insanity has no limitations one can describe as "typical". Each "new normal" is more insane than the last. Paradoxically, it seems the more we know, the shorter the future will be.
I was referring to fishpi's mean-spirited reaction. That was a wonderful limerick, but I knew that no males on here would acknowledge that.
I know what you were referring to. Kind of hard to miss! That's the reason I called it "a general observation". Yes, it is a great limerick. It's got wit and humour, all the ingredients a limerick is supposed to have and acknowledged it as such. So to say that no males here would acknowledge it is pure bullshit. Poetry, whether crap or great is seldom acknowledged anyways regardless of who wrote it.
Always thought you were a woman. Forgot why now.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:52 am

What was 'mean-spirited' by me when I stated that it was a very good limerick? Also Dubious stated the same adding 'excellent (Dubious is a male, believe or not)
I think the dynamite pill limerick is much funnier, and since humour is apparently key to measuring the quality of a limerick, I prefer it. Of course Maia's is far more intelligent, just not as funny.
They aren't intended to be laugh-out-loud uproarious funny. Your mean-spririted response was typical and expected.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:02 am They aren't intended to be laugh-out-loud uproarious funny.
You cannot be serious man!!

I happen to have a book beside me "The Great Australian Book of Limericks" - by Jim Haynes. Maybe somewhere in there it will state 'limericks are not supposed to make you laugh-out-loud" !!! :roll:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:00 am
Dubious wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:48 am

I know what you were referring to. Kind of hard to miss! That's the reason I called it "a general observation". Yes, it is a great limerick. It's got wit and humour, all the ingredients a limerick is supposed to have and acknowledged it as such. So to say that no males here would acknowledge it is pure bullshit. Poetry, whether crap or great is seldom acknowledged anyways regardless of who wrote it.
Always thought you were a woman. Forgot why now.
Through all of these years, you must have been the only one! Now that's amazing not that I would object since each side is the other half of the human race with each as capable of stupidity or creativity as its counterpart. It wasn't nature that made or caused females to be inferior in any species that existed on the planet.