Is God Real?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Is God Real?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:16 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm
Of course he feels an unconnectedness to others, he's so autistic that he isn't capable of understanding even the simplest sentences that children would easily understand.
ONCE AGAIN, this one can ONLY RESORT TO talking ABOUT 'me' TO "others".

And this is BECAUSE 'it' can NOT refute what I SAY and CLAIM here and can NOT back up and supports 'its' CLAIMS WHEN I QUESTION and CHALLENGE them.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm He probably hasn't talked to anyone his entire life.
LOL MY 'entire life', TO you, is ONLY six years.

AND, you do NOT appear to even KNOW and COMPREHEND what is involved IN 'talking'.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm He compensates by being a pathological liar,
you ONLY CLAIM 'this', but you have NEVER SHOWN WHERE I have, SUPPOSEDLY, 'lied', let alone EVER even coming CLOSE to PROVING 'this'
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm by insulting people,
If i have probably NEVER talked to ANY one, in my ENTIRE life, then HOW, EXACTLY, could I have 'insulted' ANY person?

ALSO, this is ANOTHER CLAIM of YOURS where you have NEVER EVER SHOWN ONCE that I have EVER done such a thing as 'this'.

AND you NEVER WILL because you NEVER COULD.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm and by channeling the God he invented,
SO, to 'you', 'I' INVENTED the 'Thing', which created Everything.

Now, what would that MAKE 'Me'?
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm maybe he even hears God talking in his head.
Is that the God 'I' invented, the One 'you' INVENTED and/or ARE IMAGINING, the One that created Everything, or one of the OTHER Ones, which 'you', adult human beings, keep going on about?
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm Pretending to know all the answers,
NO 'pretence' here. AND, NOT even such claim EVER made, well NOT by 'me' anyway.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm but of course he hasn't provided any proof for any major claim he ever said.
I ONLY DO, WHEN ASKED, and you have NEVER ASKED. This is BECAUSE you ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE otherwise. Thus, what 'you' ARE ACTUALLY DOING and SHOWING here "atla" IS PROVING one of my so-called 'major' CLAIMS, which I have SAID here, IRREFUTABLY True.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm He's dumb as a rock.
Is this one of those 'insults', which 'you' CLAIM 'I' DO?
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:50 pm So yeah of course he's posing as better than others.
LOL This would be one of the WORST ATTEMPTS at 'TRYING TO' FORMULATE a so-called 'argument' ever PRODUCED here.

'God', from the definitions and descriptions that I have provided here, IS VERY REAL.

'you' do NOT like this Fact, and, you do NOT BELIEVE this Fact, but because you can NOT refute this Fact, you have absolutely NOTHING left but to just talk ABOUT 'me' AGAIN, INSTEAD.
Again you completely failed to even remotely grasp what was actually said.
But what 'you' SAID is that 'I am so autistic that am I am not capable of understanding even the simplest sentences that children would easily understand'.

So, CONTRARY TO YOUR BELIEF here I GRASP EXACTLY what you ACTUALLY SAID.

I, ALSO, QUESTIONED and CHALLENGED 'you' on what 'you' ACTUALLY SAID, and, ONCE AGAIN, INSTEAD of STANDING UP and ACCEPTING the CHALLENGE and ANSWERING the QUESTIONS, 'you' VERY QUICKLY RAN AWAY, COWERING. While STILL 'TRYING' your HARDEST to APPEAR that 'you' are MUCH BETTER than 'I' AM here.

Why you expect others to spend years teaching you how to talk human, is a mistery. [/quote]

But I do NOT expect 'this' AT ALL, and NEVER HAVE.

WHY 'you' would even BEGIN to PRESUME such a 'thing' SPEAKS for just how Truly CLOSED a being 'you' REALLY ARE "atla".

you will NOT CHALLENGE 'me' ON the ACTUAL WORDS I USE, but rather ONLY ON your OWN ASSUMPTIONS and MISINTERPRETATIONS 'you' HAVE, ABOUT 'me'.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm You think we have all that free time?
The ONLY 'time' 'you' have here "atla" is FOR 'you', ALONE, and FOR 'your' OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm You think we'll do it for free?
LOL 'you' ARE ALREADY DOING, EXACTLY, what 'I' WANTED 'you' TO DO. AND, LOL, 'you' are DOING 'it' FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE, and of 'your' OWN APPARENT FREE VOLITION.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm You think we're actually interested in doing that?
I KNOW, EXACTLY, what 'you' ARE Truly INTERESTED in DOING here "atla".

Post by Age »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:02 am
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:20 am
Define Reality
I'm using the term 'real' as the opposite of 'imagined'. For example, I take it that a horse is (or can be 'real') but a unicorn is not 'real'. The next question is, 'can' a unicorn be real? I don't know the answer to that but if we say the same of 'God' (can be real) then what does that mean? Does that mean God was not real but now is real? Does it mean that God is sometimes 'real' and sometimes not 'real'?
What can be imagined essentially is not an opposite to what is real.
What can be imagined is not currently real but possible to be real subject to evidence.
What can be imagined can be imaged, is empirical and can be hypothesized.
So it is a matter of bringing the empirical evidence to confirm the possible as real within a human-based FSK of which the scientific-FSK is the most credible, reliable and objective.
ONCE AGAIN, the so-called 'scientific-fsk' CLAIMED that the earth IS FLAT, the sun REVOLVES THE EARTH, and the Universe BEGAN, and IS EXPANDING, and, LAUGHABLY, 'this' is the MOST credible, reliable AND objective.

"veritas aequitas" VIEWS here ARE BEYOND an ACTUAL JOKE.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am God is merely a thought without any empirical elements, thus is merely an 'idea' that is empty, i.e. a thing-in-itself, an intelligible object.
"veritas aequitas" VIEW here could NOT be MORE False, MORE Wrong, AND MORE Incorrect. But, BECAUSE 'it' is SO BLINDED here, by 'its' OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS, 'it' could NEVER SEE just HOW True, Right, AND Correct 'I' AM here.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am An intelligible object by definition cannot be real because it can never be sensed empirically to be verified and justified empirically.
SO, according to this so-called "logic" here, an 'intelligible object', like the human being, can NOT 'be real'.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am The intelligible God is something like the idea of a square-circle which can be thought but never be real.
LOL

So, so-called 'square-circles' are SAID and CLAIMED to KNOW ALL, KNOW 'things', and KNOW what IS Right AND Wrong in Life.

The Intelligent God is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like ANY so-called 'square-circle' here, regarding 'intelligence', and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in relevance.

Also, "veritas aequits" is A PRIME example of just HOW when one BELIEVES some 'thing' is true, then just HOW CLOSED one can BECOME.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am God being an intelligible object of thought is a non-starter for any consideration of real-ness.
AND here is the PROOF of MY CLAIM, in my last sentence here.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am Therefore God cannot be real,
This is "veritas aequitas's" argument here. God cannot be real. Therefore God cannot be real.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am As argued, it is impossible for God to exists as real.
"veritas aequitas" STILL has NOT YET comprehended AND understood that just because a 'thing' could be 'argued' that, IN NO WAY, means that a sound AND valid argument could be formulated.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am Nevertheless the idea of God when reified is a very necessary and critical illusion for psychological sake to soothe the inherent cognitive dissonances arising from an existential crisis.
USING A God, to soothe the self-obtained cognitive dissonances arising from a self-made existential crisis WITHIN "veritas aequitas" is what "veritas aequitas" USED TO DO. However, 'it' has CHANGED now, BUT PRESUMES and BELIEVES that EVERY one with an idea about God being real MUST ALSO be USING A God for the EXACT SAME 'existential crisis'.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am God is a very useful illusion. Humans rely on illusions for many other useful psychological purposes.
Here we can CLEARLY SEE a GREAT example of USING BELIEFS to quell the psychological DISORDER caused and created FROM confusion, or FROM just the UNKNOWING.
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:56 am For the Abrahamic, the illusory God has salvific values.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:24 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:16 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:59 pm
No. We are the product of God's mind.
Meh. As far as I know, I'm the product of my mother and father.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:22 pm The creator.
As far as I know, I was "created" by my mother and father.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
By the creator, I mean the creator of whatever existed at the beginning.
WHY do you PRESUME that there WAS 'a beginning'?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 am
bahman wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:24 pm By the creator, I mean the creator of whatever existed at the beginning.
The 'whatever' question can only refer to an uncertain specification. That's all 'God' questions can do. They can only speculate, never KNOW. Such questions answer nothing.
This is Right as ANSWERS, provide answers, while QUESTIONS, do NOT necessarily do.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:32 am The questions that answer nothing, are absolutely unknowable. And since all questions regarding the beginnings or endings of existence, can only arise to whom there appears to be a sense of separation, this sense of separateness is illusory, therefore such questions are unanswerable, simply because no such separation exists in existence whatsoever...whatever exists, is unknowing, and that's all that can be known.

Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of one who will SAY just about ANY 'thing', in the HOPE that 'it' will back up and support what they ALREADY BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:14 am
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm
Again you completely failed to even remotely grasp what was actually said.
But what 'you' SAID is that 'I am so autistic that am I am not capable of understanding even the simplest sentences that children would easily understand'.

I, ALSO, QUESTIONED and CHALLENGED 'you' on what 'you' ACTUALLY SAID, and, ONCE AGAIN, INSTEAD of STANDING UP and ACCEPTING the CHALLENGE and ANSWERING the QUESTIONS, 'you' VERY QUICKLY RAN AWAY, COWERING. While STILL 'TRYING' your HARDEST to APPEAR that 'you' are MUCH BETTER than 'I' AM here.

Why you expect others to spend years teaching you how to talk human, is a mistery.

WHY 'you' would even BEGIN to PRESUME such a 'thing' SPEAKS for just how Truly CLOSED a being 'you' REALLY ARE "atla".

you will NOT CHALLENGE 'me' ON the ACTUAL WORDS I USE, but rather ONLY ON your OWN ASSUMPTIONS and MISINTERPRETATIONS 'you' HAVE, ABOUT 'me'.
The ONLY 'time' 'you' have here "atla" is FOR 'you', ALONE, and FOR 'your' OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS.
LOL 'you' ARE ALREADY DOING, EXACTLY, what 'I' WANTED 'you' TO DO. AND, LOL, 'you' are DOING 'it' FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE, and of 'your' OWN APPARENT FREE VOLITION.
Atla wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:22 pm You think we're actually interested in doing that?
God forgot to take his meds again
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:56 am Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of one who will SAY just about ANY 'thing', in the HOPE that 'it' will back up and support what they ALREADY BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
Dogen said, “If you can’t find the truth right where you are , where else do you expect to find it?”
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:53 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:16 pm

Meh. As far as I know, I'm the product of my mother and father.

As far as I know, I was "created" by my mother and father.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯
Because if the universe does not have a beginning then it does not require a God.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:50 pm
Because if the universe does not have a beginning then it does not require a God.
''If'' is still only a supposition; which is all it can ever be, in other words, it remains unknowing.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:40 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:56 am Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of one who will SAY just about ANY 'thing', in the HOPE that 'it' will back up and support what they ALREADY BELIEVE is ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
Dogen said, “If you can’t find the truth right where you are , where else do you expect to find it?”
But this does NOT mean that you have yet found the truth, right where you are.

That one was just ONLY asking, 'If you can NOT find the truth, right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?'

Which the ANSWER to is VERY SIMPLE and EASY, to find.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Why you expect others to spend years teaching you how to talk human, is a mistery.

Will you EVER CHALLENGE or QUESTION the words I SAY and USE? Or, will you FOREVER just KEEP 'trying to' BELITTLE and RIDICULE 'me'?

Are you REALLY that Truly INSECURE that you can NOT even just COUNTER NOR REFUTE the ACTUAL WORDS ALONE, BEFORE you?

Will you EVER STOP 'trying to' ATTACK 'the writer/speaker' and START ATTACKING the words ONLY?

If yes, then GREAT. Let us SEE it.

But if no, then WHY?

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:53 am
WHO EVER came up with the idea or belief that the Universe even REQUIRE A God?

Also, how do you even define the word 'God'?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:14 pm
''If'' is still only a supposition; which is all it can ever be, in other words, it remains unknowing.
But 'it' may well ALREADY BE KNOWN.

What 'it' IS, EXACTLY, just NEEDS to be CLARIFIED.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:20 am

Will you EVER CHALLENGE or QUESTION the words I SAY and USE? Or, will you FOREVER just KEEP 'trying to' BELITTLE and RIDICULE 'me'?

Are you REALLY that Truly INSECURE that you can NOT even just COUNTER NOR REFUTE the ACTUAL WORDS ALONE, BEFORE you?

Will you EVER STOP 'trying to' ATTACK 'the writer/speaker' and START ATTACKING the words ONLY?

But if no, then WHY?
God is developing a nervous breakdown

If God had a three-digit IQ, it would know how humans use words and what the meanings of words are

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:18 am

But if no, then WHY?
LOL So what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is "atla" BELIEVES God EXISTS. So, based on THIS fact, what has LED you TO BELIEVE God, Itself, EXISTS?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:18 am If God had a three-digit IQ, it would know how humans use words and what the meanings of words are
LOL 'you', "atla", have just PROVEN here that 'you' are STILL A VERY, VERY LONG WAY from LEARNING and KNOWING HOW words ARE ACTUALLY USED and even FURTHER AWAY FROM LEARNING and KNOWING that the meanings of words are NOT ALWAYS KNOWN by 'you', individual, human beings, "yourselves".

In Fact 'you', human beings, can NOT even DECIDE what definition/meaning TO USE, for the words that 'you' USE.

Are 'you' even AWARE "atla" that the meanings of some words ACTUALLY ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY OPPOSE 'each other'?

If you want to CLAIM you DO, then a list of SOME of those words, and their OPPOSING definitions, would help PROVE your CLAIM here. But going from ALL of YOUR past responses ACTUAL ANSWERS, FROM you, TO my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS WILL NEVER BE GIVEN anyway.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:23 am
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:18 am

But if no, then WHY?
LOL So what can be CLEARLY SEEN here is "atla" BELIEVES God EXISTS. So, based on THIS fact, what has LED you TO BELIEVE God, Itself, EXISTS?
Atla wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:18 am If God had a three-digit IQ, it would know how humans use words and what the meanings of words are
LOL 'you', "atla", have just PROVEN here that 'you' are STILL A VERY, VERY LONG WAY from LEARNING and KNOWING HOW words ARE ACTUALLY USED and even FURTHER AWAY FROM LEARNING and KNOWING that the meanings of words are NOT ALWAYS KNOWN by 'you', individual, human beings, "yourselves".

In Fact 'you', human beings, can NOT even DECIDE what definition/meaning TO USE, for the words that 'you' USE.

Are 'you' even AWARE "atla" that the meanings of some words ACTUALLY ABSOLUTELY and TOTALLY OPPOSE 'each other'?

If you want to CLAIM you DO, then a list of SOME of those words, and their OPPOSING definitions, would help PROVE your CLAIM here. But going from ALL of YOUR past responses ACTUAL ANSWERS, FROM you, TO my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS WILL NEVER BE GIVEN anyway.
God has become so unremarkable, that even when he makes divine revelations such as the one above, people don't even read it anymore. It seems to have many capital letters though, which is pretty.