(Il)Literacy Problem in the West

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: (Il)Literacy Problem in the West

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:50 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am
Age wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:51 amEven 'clarity of mind' is a Truly IDIOTIC and NONSENSE term and phrase. And to PROVE this True I will ask you to EXPLAIN for ALL of the readers here what the 'mind' IS, EXACTLY, and HOW 'clarity of mind' could even ACTUALLY be A 'thing'.

So, we now WAIT to SEE how 'literate' you are to what I just SAID and WROTE, EXACTLY.
Clarity of mind involves at least a few different functions.

First of all it requires self-awareness and self-consciousness.
If 'you' are, REALLY, self-aware, then who and/or what is that 'one', EXACTLY?

And, while 'we' are here, what the proper and correct answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?'

Let us SEE just how 'self'-AWARE 'you' REALLY ARE.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am You need to be aware of yourself, your thoughts, your beliefs, and your biases.
So, what was 'your' ANSWER to the QUESTION, 'Who am 'I'?'
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am In your case, personally, you've claimed that you "have no beliefs".
What the ACTUAL and FULL Truth IS here, EXACTLY, you are YET TO FIND OUT, UNDERSTAND, and KNOW.

But 'this' will do, for now.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am This demonstrates lack of clarity.
Yes 'we' can AGREE WITH 'this'.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Everybody has beliefs.
So what are the BELIEFS that new born children have?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Because everybody has presumptions about mechanical operations of the world.
This is OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am For example, if somebody trips you, then you will fall. Your belief in Gravity, is given, by your expectation (to fall).
you are Wrong, AGAIN.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Belief is directed toward the source of Causes.
ONLY if and when one HAS BELIEF. But, OBVIOUSLY NOT EVERY body has.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am It doesn't need to be accurate—because most people don't know exactly how Gravity works.
Do you YET KNOW how gravity works?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am But, everybody knows that it does work.
Is this like EVERY body KNOWS that 'trees' and 'wombats' DO WORK?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Thus the expectation is presumed, and its belief is derivative.
This is WHY I NEITHER BELIEVE NOR DISBELIEVE ANY 'thing', AND do NOT like to PRESUME NOR ASSUME ANY 'thing' ALSO.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Let's say a person, you, are aware of your own thoughts and beliefs.
Age wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:50 pmOkay, but there HAS TO BELIEF existing FIRST, BEFORE one could be AWARE OF 'it/them'.

Also, are you ABSOLUTELY SURE that the term and phrase 'your own thoughts' is ACTUALLY True, Right, AND Correct?
If yes, then who and/or what is 'it', EXACTLY, which supposedly has 'its' OWN thoughts.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am You know the difference between statements you would agree to, or disagree.
Do you KNOW the difference between statements you WOULD agree to?

If yes, would you like to share some of them?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am This is easily demonstrated in every thread on this forum. People post and presume answers or responses to statements...then they accept or reject what another replies. You do this too.
Okay, if this is what you BELIEVE is true, then 'it' MUST BE true, correct?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Thirdly, you need to expand upon Biases of these beliefs and thoughts.
WHAT BELIEFS?

Are you NOT YET ABLE TO READ, and UNDERSTAND, what the words, 'I NEITHER BELIEVE NOR DISBELIEVE', MEANS?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Thus you must presume some statements and sentences are true,
I do NOT necessarily HAVE TO DO 'this' AT ALL.

And, I do NOT do 'this', which partly explains WHY I ASK MORE QUESTIONS, FOR CLARITY, then MOST of 'you' here.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am and so the consequences of those true statements will resonate throughout the rest of its argument. Everybody has beliefs.
REALLY?

If yes, then what ARE the BELIEFS in new born bodies?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Everybody believes in the implications of statements.
What ABOUT the bodies that are said to be 'unconscious'?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Therefore everybody has biases, what their mind intuits as 'True' or 'False'.
'We' ARE WAITING to FIND OUT, through CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, whether those premises here are True, or False.

Also, could it be YOUR OWN 'biases', which have LED 'you' TO this CONCLUSION here, BEFORE the PROOF that the premises are even True has even been UNCOVERED?

Also, HOW, EXACTLY, do 'bodies' HAVE or POSSESS 'their minds', and what IS the ANSWER to the QUESTION, What are 'minds', EXACTLY?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Philosophy requires the suppression of these Biases.
But here you ARE SHOWING and EXPRESSING your OWN biases, and even CLAIMING that EVERY body has BELIEFS, and thus BIASES.

Would you even just like to 'TRY TO' suppress your OWN biases here?
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Although you may presume little to be True—at least you still have some remaining and reserved Biases.
I found it to be FAR MORE REFRESHING to just REFRAIN from ASSUMING or PRESUMING ANY 'thing'.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am These must be identified, by yourself, and made aware.
YET you appear to be completely and utterly INCAPABLE of doing just 'this' "yourself".
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am If you cannot become aware of your own biases, then they will be used against you, eventually, in Philosophical arenas and avenues.
But if one has ALREADY REMOVED ALL biases, by NOT believing NOR assuming 'things' here, then there is absolutely NOTHING that could be used AGAINST THAT one. Which is WHY you have NOT YET FOUND absolutely ANY 'thing' to use AGAINST me.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Because they expose the individuality of any Person.
Just the False, Wrong, Inaccurate, AND Incorrect thoughts and thinking in THAT body EXPOSE the INDIVIDUALITY, and the PERSON, WITHIN, TO 'us'.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Clarity arrives when...after suppression of Confirmation-Bias, a person or individual wants to learn about the objective universe, or existence, beyond any possible subjective bias.
Which has ALREADY BEEN DONE, and which you have PROVEN NEVER being able TO DO, that is; if and while you KEEP CARRYING ON the WAY that you ARE here.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am In order to achieve this, oppositional perspectives and arguments must be heard out completely, before being disseminated and deconstructed. This means, inevitably, that other people hold oppositional beliefs, with oppositional "My Truth", and there is a supremacy of some ideas versus others.
you OBVIOUSLY NEED to LEARN how to distinguish between the TWO forms of 'truth' AND 'Truth' here.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Thus, some ideas are 'better', 'truer', 'superior' than others.
But I much prefer to just STAY WITH what IS ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True ALWAYS, and INSTEAD.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am This is as easy as...being caught in front of a train, and "wishing away the existence of the train", denying it is there and coming...rather than moving out of the way. Some beliefs are better than others, at least in this example, when it comes to your immediate survival.
Are you STILL 'trying to' "justify" and "rationalize" your OWN BELIEF that you and EVERY one "ELSE" MUST BELIEVE 'things'?

Which, by the way, has been a GREAT example of the ACTUAL POWER of BELIEF, itself.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:04 am Believing in falsity and lies, or delusion, can...and do...cost people their lives.
Okay. AND BELIEVING in ALL DIFFERENT 'things' could, and does, cost people their lives.
I'm going to move your off-topic questions to the intelligence thread:

viewtopic.php?t=40233&start=135