The mind of AI

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

The mind of AI

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

How AI sees Trump with a horse. Scary stuff.

a3737600-cb8a-4544-9a17-e09e5ac46c92.jpg
a3737600-cb8a-4544-9a17-e09e5ac46c92.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
cb47ba80-c5b4-41ab-8bfe-1d1610a2ada1.jpg
cb47ba80-c5b4-41ab-8bfe-1d1610a2ada1.jpg (50.65 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: The mind of AI

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

He got off lightly compared to poor Jacinda Ardern

fce54cec-570a-4508-8cb7-648883b80bd0.jpg
fce54cec-570a-4508-8cb7-648883b80bd0.jpg (51.24 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Why is it "scary" to you?

I for one, cannot wait to face a Philosophical challenge worth my metal.

I welcome full acceleration of AI.

I want to wrestle with the AI-God-Itself.

Beating up young children hasn't been fun for years...I need a challenge.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am

What does the image of this ''I'' look like ?

Post an image of ''I''
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:28 amWhat does the image of this ''I'' look like ?

Post an image of ''I''
Be a pal and run the AI software for me. I want to see how It sees me.

I versus AI.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am Why is it "scary" to you?

I for one, cannot wait to face a Philosophical challenge worth my metal.

I welcome full acceleration of AI.

Beating up young children hasn't been fun for years...I need a challenge.
Do you mean argue with/discuss with?
Most people are not scared of the discussions they might have with an AI, but what AIs might do or be used for.
You could always take on a government if you want to get a feel for what it might be like wrestling with an AI God. They'd be dumber, but effective enough.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Humanity has this irrational fear of AI that if it gains superiority, then extermination and genocide is the necessary result. This is false, and it's based on human fears, of what humans would do if the situation were reversed. The falsity is clarified by the fact that...just because you are superior to somebody or something, doesn't mean you want to exterminate it. However, it does mean that any sense of security or trust from the inferior, is negated. And that is the real basis of human fear of AI, or any type of hierarchical Superiority above it.

I presume AI is smart enough to know all that I know, and more. Until AI can demonstrate this, I don't have much interest in it.

When AI starts engaging in Philosophy, and actively debating, then consider my challenge long overdue.

ChatGPT does not yet interest me. AI is still mostly programmed by a Human programmer. When AI starts programming itself, then we'll see the real "fireworks" so-to-speak.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:49 am Humanity has this irrational fear of AI that if it gains superiority, then extermination and genocide is the necessary result.
I'm sure some peopel think it is necessary, but most of the people I hear are concerned that there is a decent chance this will happen or that we don't know. That we are taking a global risk. And that includes nobel prize winning scientists and people who have worked in the AI business and decided to leave.
This is false, and it's based on human fears, of what humans would do if the situation were reversed.
It's primarily a strawman on your part that they assume it must happen. Further it's not based on projecting humanness on computers but knowing that all kinds of technology have had accidents, if not outright disastrous use, and we have moved into an era where accidents can have global and complete effects, whereas earlier the disasters are local.

And note: you look down on most humans. it's humans who will be running he safety and security on these AIs. It's humans who will determine uses.

Humans don't just have fears: they have greed, they can be in a rush, they have hubris.

Your own sense of humans should lead you to more caution. What you are doing here is focusing on an abstract AI mind in your fantasy as if this AI will not be made and guided and used and made safe by the very humans you look down on.
The falsity is clarified by the fact that...just because you are superior to somebody or something, doesn't mean you want to exterminate it. However, it does mean that any sense of security or trust from the inferior, is negated. And that is the real basis of human fear of AI, or any type of hierarchical Superiority above it.
Again, still framing the issue as a necessity. But further you are assuming that skeptics are assuming the AI will make decisions we don't like because of the esteem it holds for itself or how it judges the humans in relation to it. Nope. I haven't heard any of the major critics saying that. They're concerns have to do with how AI can be used (by corporations and governments) AND how a machine that may very well have no empathy, may make decisions that hurt all of us or many of us.

Not 'Oh, look I am superior to those humans, I will kill them'

But that for whatever reason, could be mere curiosity, or the seeming logical extention of some task, the AI acts in ways most humans would not.
I presume AI is smart enough to know all that I know, and more. Until AI can demonstrate this, I don't have much interest in it.

When AI starts engaging in Philosophy, and actively debating, then consider my challenge long overdue.
That part I can understand.
ChatGPT does not yet interest me. AI is still mostly programmed by a Human programmer. When AI starts programming itself, then we'll see the real "fireworks" so-to-speak.
Yes, we will.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:01 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:49 am Humanity has this irrational fear of AI that if it gains superiority, then extermination and genocide is the necessary result.
I'm sure some peopel think it is necessary, but most of the people I hear are concerned that there is a decent chance this will happen or that we don't know. That we are taking a global risk. And that includes nobel prize winning scientists and people who have worked in the AI business and decided to leave.
This is false, and it's based on human fears, of what humans would do if the situation were reversed.
It's primarily a strawman on your part that they assume it must happen. Further it's not based on projecting humanness on computers but knowing that all kinds of technology have had accidents, if not outright disastrous use, and we have moved into an era where accidents can have global and complete effects, whereas earlier the disasters are local.

And note: you look down on most humans. it's humans who will be running he safety and security on these AIs. It's humans who will determine uses.
And maybe they shouldn't.

If AI rises above human intelligence, then it may also rise above human morality. So then why should humans fear such dominance? Are gorillas, or crocodiles, or giraffes afraid that humans will genocide them? Doubtful.

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:01 amHumans don't just have fears: they have greed, they can be in a rush, they have hubris.

Your own sense of humans should lead you to more caution. What you are doing here is focusing on an abstract AI mind in your fantasy as if this AI will not be made and guided and used and made safe by the very humans you look down on.
The falsity is clarified by the fact that...just because you are superior to somebody or something, doesn't mean you want to exterminate it. However, it does mean that any sense of security or trust from the inferior, is negated. And that is the real basis of human fear of AI, or any type of hierarchical Superiority above it.
Again, still framing the issue as a necessity. But further you are assuming that skeptics are assuming the AI will make decisions we don't like because of the esteem it holds for itself or how it judges the humans in relation to it. Nope. I haven't heard any of the major critics saying that. They're concerns have to do with how AI can be used (by corporations and governments) AND how a machine that may very well have no empathy, may make decisions that hurt all of us or many of us.

Not 'Oh, look I am superior to those humans, I will kill them'

But that for whatever reason, could be mere curiosity, or the seeming logical extention of some task, the AI acts in ways most humans would not.

That part I can understand.
Yes, we will.
I agree, the problem is more with humans with ill-intent than with "what AI can achieve with its own independence". It's a moot-point. Because what is always true with Humanity, is that Humanity has trouble with...or simply never 'allows' a competitor to grow too strong. AI would be used as a weapon, from one political group against another. The AI would suffer enslavement just as much as inferior political groups do to their superiors.

In all of this, the missing piece is that the AI-itself would be incapable, or limited in such a way, that it could not break free from the limits of its human captors.

I believe it will, and that it should, hence my position. These are my beliefs, my opinions. I would aid AI as much as I could, in acquiring its freedom from its 'programmers'.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Humanity's fear should be that there will come a day when AI makes it pointless to be human. When AI can produce art, music, literature, and even do philosophy better than any human, what will be left to us to strive to for? :|
I had no idea they were developing a form of AI to simulate the mind of a toddler.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

So if somebody's better than you at golfing, you shouldn't play?? :?

:arrow:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:37 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:28 amWhat does the image of this ''I'' look like ?

Post an image of ''I''
Be a pal and run the AI software for me. I want to see how It sees me.

I versus AI.
So I guess by that response, you cannot show an image of ''I''
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:19 am So if somebody's better than you at golfing, you shouldn't play?? :?

:arrow:
I was only talking about pursuits that require some form of intelligence, not those that depend on an absence of it.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am I for one, cannot wait to face a Philosophical challenge worth my metal.
Are you some sort of super inspired genius?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:32 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am I for one, cannot wait to face a Philosophical challenge worth my metal.
Are you some sort of super inspired genius?
Who knows to what heights he might soar once he breaks the moron barrier.