So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Universal Consciousness

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:36 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am
Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:56 am
We refers to humans, or indeed all creatures capable of being self-aware.

I don't think it logically follows that a self-aware being knows who it is. Someone who has lost his memory is still self-aware, for example.
No human being is self-aware. There is no experience of ever being a self-aware human...except as an idea.

Ideas are myths.

''A myth is a way of making sense in a senseless world. Myths are narrative patterns that give significance to our existence.''
If you have the idea that you are self-aware, what is it that's having the idea?
What is an idea?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:39 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am

No human being is self-aware. There is no experience of ever being a self-aware human...except as an idea.

Ideas are myths.

''A myth is a way of making sense in a senseless world. Myths are narrative patterns that give significance to our existence.''
If you have the idea that you are self-aware, what is it that's having the idea?
What is an idea?
Something that pops into your head.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:48 am

What is an idea?
Something implies a thing. Things are not self-aware.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 am

What is an idea?
Some things are self aware. Humans, for example. Not ideas, though.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:55 am
A human is an idea, an idea is concept known, and that which is known as an idea/concept, knows nothing.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 am
A human is an idea, an idea is concept known, and that which is known as an idea/concept, knows nothing.
This isn't really getting us anywhere, to be honest.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:06 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:57 am
This isn't really getting us anywhere, to be honest.

Maybe that's because there is only nowhere. Where are you wanting to go?

All we can do is at least be honest with what it is we think we know.

'We' referring to the first person singular pronoun, now here.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm Observation is interaction, the two are inseperable giving both rely on action and reaction. As such the universe is self-aware,
If 'It' were ALREADY Truly 'Self'-aware, then 'It' could ALREADY answer the question, 'Who am 'I'?' properly and correctly.

I have ALREADY SHOWN what the EXACT answer IS here, in this forum.

Yet, did ANY of the "other" 'posters' here, hitherto when this is being written, KNOW 'the answer'?

For example, could ANY of 'you', "other" 'posters', here inform 'us' of what the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' IS, EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm because of not only the interactions occur within it, but also because only "everything" exists. Only "everything" exists results in self-referentiality as there is no comparison, there is no other "everything" otherwise it would not be "everything". This singularity necessitates a universal consciousness as all things, including the phenomenon of consciousness, are connected.
Who am I? Everything and nothing...even neither.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

So a circle starting where it is ending is not a self referential idea?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:33 pm

No. It's just a circle.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:32 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm Observation is interaction, the two are inseperable giving both rely on action and reaction. As such the universe is self-aware,
If 'It' were ALREADY Truly 'Self'-aware, then 'It' could ALREADY answer the question, 'Who am 'I'?' properly and correctly.

Yet, did ANY of the "other" 'posters' here, hitherto when this is being written, KNOW 'the answer'?

For example, could ANY of 'you', "other" 'posters', here inform 'us' of what the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' IS, EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm because of not only the interactions occur within it, but also because only "everything" exists. Only "everything" exists results in self-referentiality as there is no comparison, there is no other "everything" otherwise it would not be "everything". This singularity necessitates a universal consciousness as all things, including the phenomenon of consciousness, are connected.
How can there be Everything 'and' nothing when 'Everything' already includes the 'nothing'?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Maia wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:03 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:33 pm

No. It's just a circle.
And that circle is the same form as self-referentiality.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:00 am

How can there be Everything 'and' nothing when 'Everything' already includes the 'nothing'?
How can you use the distinct terms of "Everything" and "Nothing" in the question if both are the same thing? How can you disagree with "everything being nothing" (in other threads such as "1=0") if they are the same thing?

As to the paradox:

If Everything includes nothing then everything and nothing are connected thus the same thing. If everything includes nothing then the act of inclusion requires a distinction between the two in the respect that 'including something' first necessitates that 'included something' as being distinct thus separate.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:25 pm

How can you use the distinct terms of "Everything" and "Nothing" in the question if both are the same thing?
But 'they' are NOT the SAME 'thing'.

LOL WHY would you even ASSUME such a 'thing'?

A car, for example, includes the 'wheel', but are 'they' the SAME 'thing'?

If yes, then HOW and WHY, EXACTLY?

But if no, then I AGREE, but I STILL WONDER WHY you ASSUMED that what is included IN 'Everything' IS the SAME 'thing' AS Everything?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm How can you disagree with "everything being nothing" (in other threads such as "1=0") if they are the same thing?
As far as I AM AWARE 'you' are the ONLY one who thinks or BELIEVES that 'Everything' IS 'nothing' and that those TWO, DIFFERENT, 'things' ARE the EXACT SAME 'thing'. That is; besides maybe "dontaskme" of course.

So, HOW I VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY DISAGREE that those two VERY DIFFERENT 'things' are NOT the SAME 'thing' IS just BECAUSE 'they' are NOT the EXACT SAME 'thing'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm As to the paradox:

If Everything includes nothing then everything and nothing are connected thus the same thing.
So, following on with this so-called "logic" when a human body is touching an airplane, for example, then 'they' TWO DIFFERENT 'things' ARE CONNECT, which, to you, MEANS, ABSOLUTELY, that 'they' ARE thus the SAME 'thing'.

Which, by the way, is Truly HILARIOUS and AMUSING to WATCH you SAY and CLAIM here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm If everything includes nothing then the act of inclusion requires a distinction between the two in the respect that 'including something' first necessitates that 'included something' as being distinct thus separate.
YES.

This 'separation' HAPPENS and OCCURS IN 'conception'.

OBVIOUSLY there is ONLY One 'Thing'. BUT, just AS OBVIOUS, is the Fact that THROUGH 'conception' 'things' 'appear' or ARE 'created'.

OBVIOUSLY, when I, or "others", USE and SAY the words 'nothing' AND 'something' they do NOT mean the EXACT SAME 'thing'. Besides, OF COURSE, when you USE and SAY 'those TWO DIFFERENT words'.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:39 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:25 pm

How can you use the distinct terms of "Everything" and "Nothing" in the question if both are the same thing?
But 'they' are NOT the SAME 'thing'.

LOL WHY would you even ASSUME such a 'thing'?

A car, for example, includes the 'wheel', but are 'they' the SAME 'thing'?

If yes, then HOW and WHY, EXACTLY?

But if no, then I AGREE, but I STILL WONDER WHY you ASSUMED that what is included IN 'Everything' IS the SAME 'thing' AS Everything?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm How can you disagree with "everything being nothing" (in other threads such as "1=0") if they are the same thing?
As far as I AM AWARE 'you' are the ONLY one who thinks or BELIEVES that 'Everything' IS 'nothing' and that those TWO, DIFFERENT, 'things' ARE the EXACT SAME 'thing'. That is; besides maybe "dontaskme" of course.

So, HOW I VERY EASILY and VERY SIMPLY DISAGREE that those two VERY DIFFERENT 'things' are NOT the SAME 'thing' IS just BECAUSE 'they' are NOT the EXACT SAME 'thing'.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm As to the paradox:

If Everything includes nothing then everything and nothing are connected thus the same thing.
So, following on with this so-called "logic" when a human body is touching an airplane, for example, then 'they' TWO DIFFERENT 'things' ARE CONNECT, which, to you, MEANS, ABSOLUTELY, that 'they' ARE thus the SAME 'thing'.

Which, by the way, is Truly HILARIOUS and AMUSING to WATCH you SAY and CLAIM here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:18 pm If everything includes nothing then the act of inclusion requires a distinction between the two in the respect that 'including something' first necessitates that 'included something' as being distinct thus separate.
YES.

This 'separation' HAPPENS and OCCURS IN 'conception'.

OBVIOUSLY there is ONLY One 'Thing'. BUT, just AS OBVIOUS, is the Fact that THROUGH 'conception' 'things' 'appear' or ARE 'created'.

OBVIOUSLY, when I, or "others", USE and SAY the words 'nothing' AND 'something' they do NOT mean the EXACT SAME 'thing'. Besides, OF COURSE, when you USE and SAY 'those TWO DIFFERENT words'.
Facepalm again, and again I didn't read the rest because of your logic in the first post. If nothing and everything are not the same then not all is one as you state. The fact that the totality can have no comparison (otherwise it would not be the totality) necessitates it the same as nothingness for the totality would need comparison, as the act of standing apart allows for distinctions for distinctions are the act of standing apart, if it were a thing.