Re: humor and being ''WOKE''

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am

Sonic say's Hi! :wink:
Well just tell him to keep his paws to himself. :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:36 am Well just tell her to keep her paws to herself. :shock:

But I'm right here Harby, Purrr!! 🥵
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 am What's a 'fist bumprer'? Or even a fist 'bumper'? Should I know?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:09 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 am What's a 'fist bumprer'? Or even a fist 'bumper'? Should I know?
I think that's just something people do on American TV shows. (That was a very good one btw).
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I found Vegitariantaxiservice on calling in on the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR4rHPpoPHQ
vegetariantaxidermy

He should have just said 'self-righteous, hypocritical, virtue-signalling wanker'. That seems to cover it nicely.
If you have to list all the vile things they do then yeah, that's going to take a long time to get through.
There's a very nasty pommy wokie called Peter Tatchell. As 'woke' as fuck. His favourite topic is justifying sex with nine year olds.
vegetariantaxidermy

Wokie 'humour', except that it's not a joke. New children's book in the pipeline.

pregnant man.jpg
pregnant man.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 420 times
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:25 am And not only are comedians not allowed to do comedy any more, they are also required to have pristine, monkish personal lives. Nothing less will do for our modern day version of Puritanism.
To enjoy humor, I.e. to have a good sense of humor, a cheerful outlook is requisite.

I believe that the Puritanism emerges from the right, where the predominant mood is indignation—righteous indignation, that is—as a response to the perceived debauchery of the left, while on the left it’s the case that being awakened is a happy feeling.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:39 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:25 am And not only are comedians not allowed to do comedy any more, they are also required to have pristine, monkish personal lives. Nothing less will do for our modern day version of Puritanism.
To enjoy humor, I.e. to have a good sense of humor, a cheerful outlook is requisite.

I believe that the Puritanism emerges from the right, where the predominant mood is indignation—righteous indignation, that is—as a response to the perceived debauchery of the left, while on the left it’s the case that being awakened is a happy feeling.
People need to shut the fuck up about 'left' or 'right'. It's a massive red herring. Haven't Americans poisoned the world enough with their bullshit? The world just isn't that black and white.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:06 pm

People need to shut the fuck up about 'left' or 'right'. It's a massive red herring. Haven't Americans poisoned the world enough with their bullshit? The world just isn't that black and white.
Are you saying that distinctions like far right, right centrist, independent, left centrist and radical left should instead be viewed as one? What say you?
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:49 pm

Are you saying that distinctions like far right, right centrist, independent, left centrist and radical left should instead be viewed as one? What say you?
Define them all then and I might give you an answer. How about 'science, logic and reason versus anti-science, anti-logic and anti-reason'? Simple.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:49 pm

Are you saying there is such a thing as 'far right', but 'left' is just 'the left'? I've never seen the extremist anti-science, anti-free speech cult of wokism referred to as anything other than 'the left'. I mean seriously? Which 'wing' does 'anti-science and anti-free speech' most resemble'? Who used children as political pawns? Did medical experiments on them? Hmmm?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:30 pm The act of humor depends on being ''WOKE" to
''be aware" conscious of, is the very heart of comedy..
think of the vast number of comedians who are center-
left, if not outright left.. and now, think of the number
of comedians who are conservative?
Jeff Foxworthy
Dennis Miller
Adam Carolla
Norm McDonald
Steven Crowder
Tim Allen
Ron White
Bill Engvall
Jeff Dunham
Adam Sandler
Larry the Cable Guy
Owen Benjamin
Jackie Mason
Rob Schneider
Joe Piscopo
Kathleen Madigan
Victoria Jackson
Adam Metropolis
Michael Joiner
Chonda Pierce
Kevin Alderman
Rusty Humphries
Ben Stein
and here's an even longer list
But more importantly, in context, are the amount of people whose routines are very hard to nail down as liberal or conservative who have gotten into trouble with woke activists:
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Anthony Jeselnik
are a few recent examples. And why is this important in context: because there are so many calls to censor them.

Further there are so many comedians on both the left and the right and of unknown or not easily categorizable politics who have mocked and attacked woke and cancel culture.
Can't think of too many who are conservatives...
that is because comedy, humor has a left wing bent...
Nah.
political humor especially comes from the left, rarely from
the right..I recall the political humor of my youth.. the
Smothers Brothers for example... onto the political humor
of such comedians as Will Durst, who still lives in SF...
Couldn't possibly be bias in who and what programs you focused on. (I like the Smothers Brothers show a lot also)
the effect of humor is often to awaken one to the trials and
tribulations of being human.... and that is the very essential
being of "WOKE''....that Obama is quite funny..
and compare him to two people who don't even know what
the word funny means, bush Jr. and IQ45.. JFK was pretty
funny and Nixon was not....can you spot the theme of who
is funny and who is not? In fact, while thinking about it,
I can't even think of a right wing politician who is funny?

No, I can't either... woke is a left wing trait...and so is humor....
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... y-00031907
https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2022/ ... -influence

But the most important, I think, issue around this is that so many comedians, regardless of their poltical position get hounded and attacked if they are not politically correct. That political correctness can be either right or left wing, though the left is mobilized to ban people from campuses and cut off performance sites in a way the right is not up to these days. It was the other way around when I was young.

George Carlin on Left Wing censorship....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8_YL3q1--U
Note he certainly acknowledges that the right has been capable of this.
vegetariantaxidermy

The job of the comedian is to make people laugh. Calling them 'left' or 'right' is disingenuous bullshit. It's irrelevant.
George Carlin hated both 'left' and 'right'. He was a social commentator. Liberal in the real sense of the word, as all good comedians need to be by definition.