Universal Consciousness

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Re: Universal Consciousness

Post by dattaswami »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:40 pm
If God does not exist fully in the small then God is not universal thus not God.
Since God is omnipotent, all impossible ways are possible for Him and hence, there is no need of the application of worldly logic to God and the Veda says this very clearly (naiṣā tarkeṇa matirāpanīyā). Any logical or illogical way can be accepted in the case of God and the only criterion is that God will act in anyway provided that way brings the climax of greatness to God to keep up the meaning of His name Brahman. Brahman means the greatest (Bṛhi-vṛddhau).

We shall not use the omnipotence of God everywhere blindly. A wise administrator is he, who breaks the rule whenever there is no other way. If things can be achieved through rules, a foolish administrator blinded with ego breaks the rules to do even normal things that can be done in a normal way following the rules.

Omnipotence shall not be exhibited to do an improper action. A person is capable of cutting anything with his knife and when somebody asks him whether he can cut the head of his child, the foolish person shall not cut the head of his child to prove his omnipotence to cut anything! Hence, with these two logical limitations, omnipotence of God can be used to achieve the greatest greatness for God.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

-
Last edited by attofishpi on Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

CHNOPS wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:49 pm
CHNOPS wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:00 pm I dont get it.

The relations are B-G-R.

I am not comparing B-G-R as a unify thing, like if (B-G-R) is a "unify pixel".

We cannot compare the universe with something else. I know that. But you can describe the things that forms de universe.

We can simplify. There is no problem in that.

The problem is when we try to define (B-G-R) as a whole, like if it is another thing, because as a "thing" it need another thing to be in a relation ship, to have limit with that another thing. And there is such a thing as "another universe".
That is the thing: you cannot simplify the universe to a thing because all things are relative to other things and the universe is not relative to anything otherwise it would not be the universe.
You are repeating yourself.

And I will repeat myself too:

You can say that the universe is only B-G-R.

In the same way you can say that the universe is the planets, de humans, the cars, the Sun, etc.

What I am saying is that when I say "universe" you can understand that I am refering to B-G-R.

But I am not saying that B-G-R are a unify thing. That is when the contradiction occurs. When you talk about the universe as if it is a thing.

The universe is B-G-R ---> this means that "there are only 3 things, Blue, Green and Red pixels".
But OBVIOUSLY there is MORE than just Blue, Green, and Red pixels?

Or, do you seriously BELIEVE that that is ALL there is?
CHNOPS wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:29 am I am no saying that B-G-R is a thing.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

dattaswami wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:09 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:40 pm
If God does not exist fully in the small then God is not universal thus not God.
Since God is omnipotent, all impossible ways are possible for Him and hence, there is no need of the application of worldly logic to God and the Veda says this very clearly (naiṣā tarkeṇa matirāpanīyā). Any logical or illogical way can be accepted in the case of God and the only criterion is that God will act in anyway provided that way brings the climax of greatness to God to keep up the meaning of His name Brahman. Brahman means the greatest (Bṛhi-vṛddhau).

We shall not use the omnipotence of God everywhere blindly. A wise administrator is he, who breaks the rule whenever there is no other way. If things can be achieved through rules, a foolish administrator blinded with ego breaks the rules to do even normal things that can be done in a normal way following the rules.

Omnipotence shall not be exhibited to do an improper action. A person is capable of cutting anything with his knife and when somebody asks him whether he can cut the head of his child, the foolish person shall not cut the head of his child to prove his omnipotence to cut anything! Hence, with these two logical limitations, omnipotence of God can be used to achieve the greatest greatness for God.
The greatest greatness is in the smallest as the smallest composes everything.
Nickolasgaspar

Post by Nickolasgaspar »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm Observation is interaction, the two are inseperable giving both rely on action and reaction. As such the universe is self-aware, because of not only the interactions occur within it, but also because only "everything" exists. Only "everything" exists results in self-referentiality as there is no comparison, there is no other "everything" otherwise it would not be "everything". This singularity necessitates a universal consciousness as all things, including the phenomenon of consciousness, are connected.
How do you justify the leap from "Observation is interaction" to the conclusion "the universe is self-aware'? Are you trying to make an argument on an equivocation/from ambiguity/false generalization fallacy? "observation is interaction" + "Interactions occur in the universe" hence the universe is an observer or something like that? If not please help me steelman your argument.
-"only "everything" exists"? But we can have a discussion on only everything that doesn't exist!(i.e. Animaloids as Planets of our Solar system etc). Everything is an abstract concept without an ontological value on its own. We have to add it in the topic of discussion. So what you should have written :" only everything that is in existence exists"...which is a tautology without any philosophical or epistemic value.
Now the concept of "everything" isn't synonymous to "singularity". They refer to different concepts.
Lastly, Consciousness is a biological property within the Universe and its contingent to specific processes (Brain processes). Its a Category mistake and an fallacious generalization to assume that a property of a system should be shared by the rest of the Cosmos . Again your argument (if this is what you are saying) is fallacious(observation is interaction...interaction happens in the universe....consciousness enables observation...Universe is conscious). Observation is interaction but not all interactions are observations. A brain and a mind is needed for an observation to occur. Agency of Nature needs to be demonstrated not presumed.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Nickolasgaspar wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:58 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm Observation is interaction, the two are inseperable giving both rely on action and reaction. As such the universe is self-aware, because of not only the interactions occur within it, but also because only "everything" exists. Only "everything" exists results in self-referentiality as there is no comparison, there is no other "everything" otherwise it would not be "everything". This singularity necessitates a universal consciousness as all things, including the phenomenon of consciousness, are connected.
How do you justify the leap from "Observation is interaction" to the conclusion "the universe is self-aware'? Are you trying to make an argument on an equivocation/from ambiguity/false generalization fallacy? "observation is interaction" + "Interactions occur in the universe" hence the universe is an observer or something like that? If not please help me steelman your argument.
-"only "everything" exists"? But we can have a discussion on only everything that doesn't exist!(i.e. Animaloids as Planets of our Solar system etc). Everything is an abstract concept without an ontological value on its own. We have to add it in the topic of discussion. So what you should have written :" only everything that is in existence exists"...which is a tautology without any philosophical or epistemic value.
Now the concept of "everything" isn't synonymous to "singularity". They refer to different concepts.
Lastly, Consciousness is a biological property within the Universe and its contingent to specific processes (Brain processes). Its a Category mistake and an fallacious generalization to assume that a property of a system should be shared by the rest of the Cosmos . Again your argument (if this is what you are saying) is fallacious(observation is interaction...interaction happens in the universe....consciousness enables observation...Universe is conscious). Observation is interaction but not all interactions are observations. A brain and a mind is needed for an observation to occur. Agency of Nature needs to be demonstrated not presumed.
To observe something is to be imprinted by it and in turn imprint the patterns one holds upon that which is observed. Observation is interaction in these respects as it is the formation of patterns. We cannot separate patterns from observation. Given phenomenon manifest patterns upon further phenomenon and vice versa (i.e. a rock falling in the sand and forming an imprint while the rock is smoothed out by the sand over time) all things form each other and this formation necessitates seemingly inanimate objects as having a degree of awareness.
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

Schrodinger
Attachments
Consciousness-Sch.jpg
Consciousness-Sch.jpg (46.22 KiB) Viewed 831 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

.... and his cat

7ofdl9.jpg
7ofdl9.jpg (31.55 KiB) Viewed 821 times
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:52 pm .... and his cat

7ofdl9.jpg
So, perhaps, Schrödinger's cat and Schrödinger's consciousness are of a dualistic nature.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm Observation is interaction, the two are inseperable giving both rely on action and reaction. As such the universe is self-aware,
If 'It' were ALREADY Truly 'Self'-aware, then 'It' could ALREADY answer the question, 'Who am 'I'?' properly and correctly.

I have ALREADY SHOWN what the EXACT answer IS here, in this forum.

Yet, did ANY of the "other" 'posters' here, hitherto when this is being written, KNOW 'the answer'?

For example, could ANY of 'you', "other" 'posters', here inform 'us' of what the answer to the question, 'Who am 'I'?' IS, EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:26 pm because of not only the interactions occur within it, but also because only "everything" exists. Only "everything" exists results in self-referentiality as there is no comparison, there is no other "everything" otherwise it would not be "everything". This singularity necessitates a universal consciousness as all things, including the phenomenon of consciousness, are connected.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Maia wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:56 am
We refers to humans, or indeed all creatures capable of being self-aware.

I don't think it logically follows that a self-aware being knows who it is. Someone who has lost his memory is still self-aware, for example.
No human being is self-aware. There is no experience of ever being a self-aware human...except as an idea.

Ideas are myths.

''A myth is a way of making sense in a senseless world. Myths are narrative patterns that give significance to our existence.''
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:18 am

I don't think it logically follows that a self-aware being knows who it is. Someone who has lost his memory is still self-aware, for example.
No human being is self-aware. There is no experience of ever being a self-aware human...except as an idea.

Ideas are myths.

''A myth is a way of making sense in a senseless world. Myths are narrative patterns that give significance to our existence.''
All this post indicates is that you are not self aware.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:32 am

Ideas are myths.

All this post indicates is that you are not self aware.
It indicates that sound, heard as words, is not self-aware.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Ideas are myths.

If you have the idea that you are self-aware, what is it that's having the idea?