ilp migration

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: ilp migration

Post by Sculptor »

Magnus Anderson wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 11:14 amAh yes the video made by a dickhead.
Obviously, you love immigrants more than you love your own redheaded ( "dickheaded" ) people. You have betrayed all of your British ancestors.
You are no clue who I am.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

your homeboys over at ILP are doing a Law of Identity thread, Biggs.

philosopher Gamer writes:

"I want to emphasize that when I say objects I don’t just mean concretes, but also so-called abstracts, including the abstract concept of a continuum, class, so-called platonic essence eg triangle, two, infinity, etc. It’s easy af to address that Gamer definitely doesn’t equal Gamer, in the time it takes to think that I’m no longer the same, trillions of atoms have shifted. Which brings us to the permanence of the “essence” of Gamer, which is an abstract object assuming there even is a demarcated essence required for my Gamer-ness, in both cases we’d be dealing with an abstract, which requires substrate in a physicalist universe, which implies flux."

I'd like to suggest that the LOI is a principle of reasoning that pertains to objects with a propositional sense, i.e., statements and their atomic parts (not actual atoms but elementary parts that give grammar its meaning).

to demonstrate what i mean, take the premise Gamer has that if A=A, and Gamer is an A, becuz his atoms are changing and stuff, there must be an essence to Gamer that is an unchanging A-ness.

okay there are two things going on here that have to be sorted out. the A-ness (pronounced 'anus') G refers to, pertaining to his essence, would not be the particular essence of a Gamer but rather a particular A-ness a Gamer would br an expression of.

this essence isn't a physical property that objects possess or have as an attribute, for the reasons stated; there is only a physical flux of energies in the material world. you'd not be able to point to a physical property and say that is A and it will always be A. instead, the essence would be an irreducible feature that all properties and things they compose, must express, in order to exist at all. call it what u want - elan vital, conatus, eros, will to power, animus, etc.

reasoning: whatever exists doesn't, can't, exist by accident, which means it is a casually ordered action/event. whatever it is that compels physical bodies (Spinoza's 'extension') to exist, form unions with other bodies and persist in their being, is an expression of that common feature that is always and will always be the same. this is a purely rational concept and there is no way to empirically verify it... but it must be true becuz a certain other line of ontological reasoning leads to it; the impossibility of nothingness (something has to exist), the timelessness of existence (it never began and will never end), the causal order of the world, etc. combine these axioms and u have a totality of Nature that is always what it essentially is. that is to say, never will Nature not be those things described. self caused, eternal, causally ordered.

the second thing. i say that the LOI is necessary for any propositional sense to be possible. for example - and this is just a fancy 'this statement is not true' situation - when Gamer proposes that if A=A, there would have to be an essence, he must actually conform to the LOI in order to make sense of that proposition itself. for if A doesn't equal A, and 'essence' isn't an A, then what he's referring to is senseless. in other words, the same rules apply in the argument against the LOI (as they do for argument in favor of it) if it is to be sensible at all. see wuddum sayin? in order to express an objection to the LOI, u will be employing the rule in the structuring of your objection.

also remember that this philosophical 'flux' concept isn't empirically verifiable either. for all we know, this exact same reality could have happened a gazillion times already... in which case there would be a larger changless pattern happening in the universe. neither have we been able to further reduce fundamental particles to constitutive parts smaller than quarks. it very well may be the case that there is an irreducible kind of energy that always exists and never changes. only the ways in which it is expressed are different.... which gives rise to the erroneous concept of 'flux' in the intelligent animal's mind.

i prefer the teaching of a Democritus or an Epicurus before the teaching of a Heraclitus, in matters of ontology.

So. A=A most certainly in logic. Incidentally A=A in language becuz language requires logical rules in order to function. And A=A could very well be true in an empirically verifiable way if we ever found the superstuff that everything is made of, even god (nature).

As it stands in matters of ontology we can only infer the existence of an A essence, a priori; we know there must be this essence and that there would be certain definite facts about it, etc.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Excuse me Iambiguous but would u be so kind as to aks Ecmandu over there what the name of that comedy skit clip wuz he posted once of that guy dressed like a fish down in the cave with the gay voice. I think it wuz an English comedy show or something.

Thanx a bunch.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Every day I play this song and read the latest posts in this thread over at ILP.

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 5#p2912275

U think I'm kidding. Read some of the exchanges in that thread and tell me u don't hear that song.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

a question for u Biggs since u still post at ILP. who is the bigger dunce; ecmandu or the person who still argues with him? that's a tough one ain't it?

there is a caveat tho. these people don't talk to ecmandu to talk to ecmandu, but so that others at the forum can watch them attempt to make a fool out of him. ecmandu, in turn, knows this, and does the same to them. u end up with a circle of dimwits competing for likes from the audience which ends up never happening becuz they're all talking unintelligible nonsense and none of them know what the hell the other person means.

this may go on for ten more years, Biggs. i hope u know that.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Now the two cat ladies - one a super-galactic time traveler and engineer of hyper dimensional mirrors and the other a Christian missionary - have taken over Carleas's most recent thread. Poor Carleas. imagine being the owner of a philosophy forum that u rarely post at and when u do, the the last remaining cat ladies overrun the thread. Biggs what's new in Baltimore?

How 'bout that chord that Ray played.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"My journeys through autism, hallucination, psychosis, abject paranoia and peak narcissism", written and directed by Ecmandu. Now that is a movie I would watch. Just not in theaters." - HumAnize (coolness x factor philosopher from ILP)

That's some funny shit. But u know how u know H is a genuinely good guy? It's not what he said but what he didn't say; he didn't say anything about a repressed libido or a sexually frustrated antisocial incel with a complex. I note that he was polite enough to exclude those things.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

ILP is essentially finished, sadly. It appear the Administrator and Mods too heavily favored the literal crazies off their meds, over those even remotely interested in Philosophy. C'est la vie.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I wouldn't consider u an ILP cat lady btw. You're more like a red pilled hobby philosopher with a faux mahogany bedroom computer desk and a fetish for roman mythology who finds subconscious lacanic psychological gratification in practicing weberian in-group dynamics with other anti-establishment right-wingers who as involuntary egoists identify with something that doesn't even exist. NICE SPOOKS NERDS.

But no, crazy in the ILP sense u certainly are not.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

It's not mahogany! It's cherry...

Mahogany is for the lounge room.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"You do realize if I fuck a woman that it’s going to be the big one. My game is way beyond the human species. The ONLY reason I can fuck the big one is because I know about the pleasurable exclusive access problem."

- Ecmandu, Discourses on the Approach Escalation Dynamic in Consent Violation
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

https://ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p ... 9#p2915459

"You have to understand... I can reach across the whole world to force rapists to chop off their dicks with their own hands. I have that power." - Ecmandu

powers: psychokinetic castration, mind control, time travel, can create hyperdimensional mirrors, only being in the universe with zero approach escalation, can sense all forms of consent violation
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Gee i sure wish Ecmandu would start another thread about the zero sum problem, consent violation and approach esca...

Oh wait he just did. Nice!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Bro finally Ecmandu starts a thread to explain how hyperdimensional mirror realities work and i get all excited... and then boom he's right back into the dimorphic species approach escalation violation of consent principle inherent to the zero sum nature of the reproductive strategies of said dimorphic species.

this dude is so hung up on not getting laid that his whole epistemological portfolio is built around it. He's like the arch nemesis of Wilhelm Reich, the antithesis. Reich wants everybody to get laid more... Ecmandu wants everybody to get laid less.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Cows and pigs have being given the "covid vaccines". Some are being sprayed on produce. Graphene oxide or other metal particles have been found in all sorts of foods. Not even counting what they put in those "PCR" tests people shove up their noses for some weird reason.

Sure you can buy organic and maybe that helps somewhat. I mean honestly we probably have no idea how laced the water and food are with this crap. Then think about chemtrails and how they can spray us with whatever they want, and have been doing so for decades.

In terms of water, think about the powderized king (crown, "corona") cobra snake venom added at the water treatment level that has been effective in producing "covid outbreaks" to further the narrative and fear." - HumAnize (coolhand philosopher of ILP)

Imagine how awesome life would be if any of this were true. Bro you'd be living like some shit from mission impossible. It's two o'clock in the morning. You're in a 24 hour grocery store with the munchies and you're checking your food for strange chemicals only conspiracy theorists know about. You're lookin for cameras at stop lights during the day. Your checklist for a camping/documentary trip to washington includes organite and dave matthews CDs. You've got four anti virus/tracker/malware software programs running on your computer at once. You spend abnormal amounts of time watching old ufo footage recorded by airborne pilots. Bohemian Grove is not at all unfamiliar to u and you'd be delighted to tell someone all about it. Sometimes it seems like a Democrat politician will shape shift when their on the TV and it's in your peripheral vision while you're vacuuming the apartment. You keep an eye on any reports or articles about new FEMA activity in the united states. Facilities, where they are, how big, etc. You have an amateur interest in gene biology and chemistry and read stuff written by 'independent' scientists that convinces u that mRna vaccines have a secret sauce. U associate four cases of autism that happened with vaccines. U find it plausible that mysterious domestic cattle deaths across the US are attributable to alien's doing biological research and that some, tho not all, hurricanes and storm systems are artificially created and directed by HAARP.

Now compare a normal dude with a dude who believes all this whole heartedly. Who would u rather hang out with, the new age intellectual leader of the resistance or the guy who doesn't believe any of this is happening?

Here's the thing tho really. Population control is not a real necessity at the moment and wouldn't be for centuries to come if at all. The population of some african countries could become overwhelming economically, but nowhere else. All the first world countries will accommodate their populations with more industry. They become a valuable labor force and there are wealthy people and institutions that recognize that. If the goddamn communist governments of the world would just leave bezos, gates, and musk alone, they'd employ every homeless person that needed a job and had access to a public library computer to fill out an application.

Yeah but no the population control ones are pretty incredible if only becuz it's not only unnecessary but risky, technically speaking.