YOU are Abrahamic

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: YOU are Abrahamic

Post by Dontaskme »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:14 am But this is 2023AD in the West, who knows what's "commonsense" anymore?
The ' beauty ' of life
Welcome to the beautiful world
here you will be beautifully tortured,
here you will be beautifully raped,
here you will be beautifully abused,
here you will be beautifully neglected,
here you will be beautifully depressed,
here you will be beautifully suicidal,
here you will be beautifully born into a world full of hatred,
here you will beautifully suffer a disorder which people belittle simply because you're breathing,
here you will be treated horribly based on race, gender, looks and sexuality,
why exactly shall the innocent be deprived of this beauty?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:15 am
commonsense wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:30 pmCan you quote where Harbal said all this is okay or is this claim that you know what Harbal thinks just something you erroneously imputed?
Right here:
Harbal wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:45 pmIf they're gonna do it, they may as well learn how to do it properly. :wink:
That doesn’t say anything is okay. Reread the words.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Wiz, if we’re going to use nicknames instead of user names, we should call you Whiz because you piss all over. :mrgreen:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

commonsense wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:30 pmCan you quote where Harbal said all this is okay or is this claim that you know what Harbal thinks just something you erroneously imputed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvo-EheZi8
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:54 amI see both groups having diverse ideas. I cannot imagine what use there is in holding back presenting the altnernatives, and many do. Of course they are not instantly taken up. And both secularism and the various Abrahamism were altneratives at one point themselves.

Secularists and Humanists, who you say you are angrier at than the Abrahamists, have created a vast swathe of alternatives. And then there are other kinds of religious/spiritual people, whose ideas formed after and before the rise of the Abrahamisms.
I think everything breaks into Religion/Non-religion, Abraham/Secular, and their synthesis is called "Humanity/Humanism".

What "alternatives" do you believe in? Where is the political "third party" so to speak?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:50 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:54 amI see both groups having diverse ideas. I cannot imagine what use there is in holding back presenting the altnernatives, and many do. Of course they are not instantly taken up. And both secularism and the various Abrahamism were altneratives at one point themselves.

Secularists and Humanists, who you say you are angrier at than the Abrahamists, have created a vast swathe of alternatives. And then there are other kinds of religious/spiritual people, whose ideas formed after and before the rise of the Abrahamisms.
I think everything breaks into Religion/Non-religion, Abraham/Secular, and their synthesis is called "Humanity/Humanism".

What "alternatives" do you believe in? Where is the political "third party" so to speak?
I believe you identified as pagan. That's an alternative. I think calling paganism Abrahamic or secular would be misleading. Pagan can mean a lot of things but animist/shamanic beliefs general contrast with paganism and would also be an alternative. Buddhism is also quite different, at least in many of it's forms.

There are beliefs/approaches that are marginalized by both Abrahamic centered and secular societies - anarchism, catharsis centered psychological approaches, subersive pedagogy, altered states of consciousness.

As a one-off historical example of how Abrahamism and secularism are not necessarily even different choices: manifest destiny - which included a complete disinterest in any other culture - was carried out enthusiastically by techocrats and Abrahamists alike.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Wizard22 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvo-EheZi8
I take it that your answer is, “No, I cannot produce such a quote. I invented what I claimed Harbal was thinking.”
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 am Instead of Faith in God, you have Faith in Science.
Bloody Hell. Fell at the first hurdle.
No faith in science required since it has proven itself to be self correcting.

Instead of The Church, you have The State.
Except where the church and state are established.
And paradoxically in one of the few countries where they are supposed to be separate (USA) the church has the state held to ransom.

Instead of "Trust the Priest/Rabbi/Imam", you have "Trust the Experts".
Not in the slightest.

Instead of Creationism, you have The Big Bang.
There is a lot more besides. Evolutionary theory and an ever adapting set of cosmologies.

Instead of Fall from Providence, you have Systemic Oppression.
THis says more about your personal psychology than "you", whoever you mean by "you"?

Instead of Manifest Destiny, you have Determinism.
THis says more about your personal psychology than "you", whoever you mean by "you"?

So I have to ask you self-proclaimed "Atheists", "Agnostics", "Secularists", "Humanists", where exactly is your hypothetical Philosophy? Where are you different than those "religious zealots" you presume to be so much better than, superior to? How is your ideology any different, when your self-proclaimed, proud beliefs, are the exact same pattern?

Are you still not a mind-slave of Catholic Rome after 2000 years? Where is your Resistance? Where is your Freedom? Where are your "New" Ideas?

This is your Buck-Breaking from thousands of years ago: that your parents, grand-parents, great-grand-parents, g-g-g-parents, g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-parents succumbed to.

YOU are Abrahamic.

YOU have NO philosophy, no resistance, no original thoughts.

YOU are still Subject to those who have ruled above you for Millenniums now.

YOU have not...freed your mind.

You have never even touched Philosophy once in your short lives. So close...yet so far away.
Line by line garbage