Manslaughter

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Manslaughter

Post by attofishpi »

The man that murders, gets caught and manages to reduce sentencing for "Manslaughter"..well.

That Mans_Laughter.

www.androcies.com

Post by Age »

Michael McMahon wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:50 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 1:39 pm But there is NO 'consistency' in crimes, and accidents. In fact EVERY crime is UNIQUE and DIFFERENT, just as EVERY accident is UNIQUE and DIFFERENT.

And, the after-effects are ALL ALSO UNIQUE and DIFFERENT.
I admit I require objective sentencing because people are envious of my good looks!
Okay
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

attofishpi wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:16 am
Agent Smith wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:41 pm Apes are just stupid humans? 😁
Is a human that rapes R_ape?

www.androcies.com
Possible, could be, I'm not sure, who knows? God knows!

Of course it's pointless ta state the known - ta my reckoning, ya belong ta a set, a very privileged set (meant for selected individuals like yerself). It's all about human ... very human ("advanced" apes?) error, oui monsieur/mademoiselle/monmoiselle?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Michael McMahon wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:18 am Many rape victims might not report rape because they were once a friend of the rapist. Yet a rape victim could still request the judge be forgiving which is one upside of individual sentences.
In the majority of cases of rape, the rapist is known by the victim beforehand, although not always as a friend.

I can’t speak for women who have been raped, but I can say that I have read that the main reasons for not reporting a rape are that the victims expect that they won’t be believed and that the victims don’t want to go through a criminal trial.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Michael McMahon wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:50 pm Fairness and legal precedents are of utmost importance. Sentencing must be consistent for people convicted for similar crimes in order to be as democratic as possible. There’s too much deviation.
EVIDENCE?

Where, and how much?
Michael McMahon

Post by Michael McMahon »

Deleted messages- quoted my original instead of editing it!
Last edited by Michael McMahon on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael McMahon

Deleted message
Last edited by Michael McMahon on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael McMahon

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:21 pm EVIDENCE?

Where, and how much?
No one has to apologise for being too forgiving seeing as it’s their choice. The dilemma is that the victim doesn’t always agree with the judge being very forgiving on their behalf. Forcing people to be very forgiving can be idealistic if forgiveness gets interpreted as a punishment for the victim instead of kindness. In other words is a judge willing to thank a victim for forgiving a defendant.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Michael McMahon wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:32 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:21 pm EVIDENCE?

Where, and how much?
No one has to apologise for being too forgiving seeing as it’s their choice. The dilemma is that the victim doesn’t always agree with the judge being very forgiving on their behalf. Forcing people to be very forgiving can be idealistic if forgiveness gets interpreted as a punishment for the victim instead of kindness. In other words is a judge willing to thank a victim for forgiving a defendant.
What the hell is this?

You made some remarks. I asked you to back up your opinion with evidence. And you give me this? What is this?
You said there was "deviation"
Michael McMahon

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:02 pm What the hell is this?

You made some remarks. I asked you to back up your opinion with evidence. And you give me this? What is this?
Christianity promotes forgiveness but the religion doesn’t force people into their faith. For example an atheist might not get an afterlife where being victimised by a killer can be worse.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Michael McMahon wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:11 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:02 pm What the hell is this?

Christianity promotes forgiveness but the religion doesn’t force people into their faith. For example an atheist might not get an afterlife where being victimised by a killer can be worse.
You are writing gibberish.
Nothing you have offered here is worth the pixels used to print it on screen.
You made a series of unfounded and unsupported statements and you respond like a demented bot.
Michael McMahon

Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:35 pm You are writing gibberish.
You made a series of unfounded and unsupported statements and you respond like a demented bot.
Let’s imagine that total forgiveness of repentant criminals is actually the best possible option under Christianity. Yet absolute forgiveness will eventually contradict with humility because only Jesus was meant to be the best Christian. As such our desire for partial retaliation rather than hysterical vengeance is still a reflection that were not God. If the death penalty is playing God then so to is total forgiveness playing God!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Michael McMahon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:42 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:35 pm You are writing gibberish.
Let’s imagine that total forgiveness of repentant criminals is actually the best possible option under Christianity. Yet absolute forgiveness will eventually contradict with humility because only Jesus was meant to be the best Christian. As such our desire for partial retaliation rather than hysterical vengeance is still a reflection that were not God. If the death penalty is playing God then so to is total forgiveness playing God!
Yes, exactly like a demented bot.
Can you actually read?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Michael McMahon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:26 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:38 am Yes, exactly like a demented bot.
Can you actually read?
Absolute forgiveness in a court system would outclass Christianity in the same way that communism would for an economic system. Hence compelling everyone to forgive every rapist or murderer with a suspended sentence would be almost too Christian in being emotionally communist about forgiveness. The limitation is that Christianity is a mysterious faith where we’re not all meant to be fully supernatural in our disposition. People who forgive everything are still very inspiring and nice as individuals but not necessarily as a possessive collective in the court system. The contradiction is that we’d end up being forgiving to really vengeful people where Christianity would resemble a gangland faith! It’d be like the rappers with crosses were so violent that they’d forgive anyone being evil to them simply because they too were willing to be aggressive. If a lot of people were taken out of context and viewed as being serious about Christianity then they’d appear transcendent in how forgiving they’d be:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6W0fbGeh0
Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, Dr. Dre - Still The Same ft. Method Man
Snoop Dog is not widely regarded as an expert on the Le Americana.
You demented bot, moron.
Michael McMahon

If forgiveness appears weak then maybe the whole of Christian mass could be interpreted as a consolation for forgiving people where forgiveness is personified through Jesus. However this might be a unidimensional version of Christianity that might still appease those who struggle with forgiveness.