Cure to selfishness

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Agent Smith

Re: Cure to selfishness

Post by Agent Smith »

"Did you or did you not see the deceased at around 3:00 PM crossing the road at a zebra crossing?

"I did not!"

"Your honor, the deceased, Ms. Takana, a Nipponese, 21 years old, was wearing a bright crimson dress, lit up by the afternoon sun, a clear day mind you, and she was carrying a boombox that was playing techno songs, Come to me Papa to be precise, so loudly that half the neighborhood had called 911 to report it. In addition, Ms. Takana is 7 feet tall, quite unusual for girls from Nippon. In addition, crime scene investigators report that Mr. Dulon's, the defendant's, car had its headlights on.

We checked Mr. Dulon's hearing and eyesight; they're perfectly ok, in fact one of the doctors examining him remarked to his colleague that Mr. Dulon was like Gobaman, the superhero with supervision and superhearing.

As you can see, justice sir, it's impossible for anyone in Mr. Dulon's car to have not seen or heard Ms. Takana. Therefore ... ahem ... Mr. Dulon should be found guilty, guilty of first degree murder, killing with malicious intent a woman, a daughter, a colleague, all in all, a person who could've made a difference in other, less fortunate, people's lives."

"Objection, your honor!"

"On what grounds? The prosecution has, in my opinion, a watertight argument. Mr. Dedel, you better have a good reason or else I'll hold you in contempt of court."

"Well, I have a really, really, really, good reason justice. If only you'll allow me to make my case."

"Proceed."

"Before I begin, a word of caution. Crime scene photos can be disturbing. With that out of the way, may I present the photographs of Ms. Takana. There, there they are. Your honor, your call."

"Gasp!" "OMG!" "Ya Allah!" "Holy Mary!"

"The court finds the defendant Mr. Dulon not guilty. All charges are dismissed. You're free to go Mr. Dulon."
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

There is no absolute selflessness, for whatever one decides to do in reaction to the outside world, one must make it the property of one's will. Once a property of one's will, it is one's self-interest will that enacts the reaction to fulfill said will. So, no reaction to the outside world can be pure or absolute selflessness. There is no cure for selflessness in this understanding, it is how we function in the world.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I dunno. I think it's problematic being told how to not be selfish by someone who's every whim it treated as a deity's desires.