Ukraine Crisis

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: Ukraine Crisis

Post by FlashDangerpants »

MagsJ wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:57 pm You obviously have no idea what happens in such talks.. my post wasn’t meant for personal scrutiny, but to be discussed regarding resolution and if an imminent end to the crisis is in sight.

Go be obtuse elsewhere.
Just share the link and I will have to eat my arrogant words!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

7nta48.jpg
7nta48.jpg (34.02 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I fear my country is going to lose to (or in Popeye's words be "crushed" by) the combined powers of Russia, China, (probably) North Korea, and Iran. Brazil and India are apparently on board with the private fiefdoms run by Putin, Jinping, Un and the theocracy in Iran. What a mistake it was to have elected leaders who can only stay in office a max of 8 years at most and potentially be thrown out of office by Congress through impeachment. Apparently, we need monarchs in the US instead. Not that the monied and well-to-do who are/were the captains of industry weren't defacto monarchs themselves who probably are preparing their escape plans taking their wealth with them and buying land in New Zealand. (I hear that's an actual thing for the wealthy).

Yes. Let's "crush" America, says Popeye. The "world" wants America to be "crushed". Guess I happen to live in the wrong country. Have fun while you destroy us, everyone. By all means, don't be the least bit merciful. Apparently, we shouldn't have been with Putin, Jinping, and Un. Who knew we should have just taken those three out of commission when we had our chances? All hail the autocrats!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by Gary Childress on Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 am I fear my country is going to lose to (or in Popeye's words be "crushed" by) the combined powers of Russia, China, (probably) North Korea, and Iran.
And as a LOT DESPARATELY HOPE.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 am
Brazil and India are apparently on board with the private fiefdoms run by Putin, Jinping, Un and the theocracy in Iran. What a mistake it was to have elected leaders who can only stay in office a max of 8 years at most and potentially be thrown out of office by Congress through impeachment. Apparently, we need monarchs in the US instead. Not that the monied and well-to-do who are/were the captains of industry weren't defacto monarchs themselves who probably are preparing their escape plans taking their wealth with them and buying land in New Zealand. (I hear that's an actual thing for the wealthy).

Yes. Let's "crush" America, says Popeye. The "world" wants America to be "crushed". Guess I happen to live in the wrong country. Have fun while you destroy us, everyone.
Have you ever considered that if that country you are referring to here STOPPED wanting to have POWER and CONTROL OVER "others" and STOPPED KILLING and MURDERING "others", especially CHILDREN, then the rest of 'the world' would NOT 'grow up' wanting that country to RELINQUISH, NOR eventually end up LOSING 'that power'?

It is ALL rather SIMPLE, REALLY.

The GREEDY and SELFISH can NOT be permitted to keep doing what they do.
By all means, don't be the least bit merciful.
LOL Like how 'you', people, ARE when 'you' go INTO OTHER countries and BLOW UP the Truly INNOCENT UP?
Apparently, we shouldn't have been with Putin, Jinping, and Un. Who knew we should have just taken those three out of commission when we had our chances?
With comments like this one here there is NO wonder WHY so MANY people WANT that country to LOSE their power, and ATTITUDE.
All hail the autocrats.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:10 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 am I fear my country is going to lose to (or in Popeye's words be "crushed" by) the combined powers of Russia, China, (probably) North Korea, and Iran.
Brazil and India are apparently on board with the private fiefdoms run by Putin, Jinping, Un and the theocracy in Iran. What a mistake it was to have elected leaders who can only stay in office a max of 8 years at most and potentially be thrown out of office by Congress through impeachment. Apparently, we need monarchs in the US instead. Not that the monied and well-to-do who are/were the captains of industry weren't defacto monarchs themselves who probably are preparing their escape plans taking their wealth with them and buying land in New Zealand. (I hear that's an actual thing for the wealthy).

Yes. Let's "crush" America, says Popeye. The "world" wants America to be "crushed". Guess I happen to live in the wrong country. Have fun while you destroy us, everyone.
Have you ever considered that if that country you are referring to here STOPPED wanting to have POWER and CONTROL OVER "others" and STOPPED KILLING and MURDERING "others", especially CHILDREN, then the rest of 'the world' would NOT 'grow up' wanting that country to RELINQUISH, NOR eventually end up LOSING 'that power'?

LOL Like how 'you', people, ARE when 'you' go INTO OTHER countries and BLOW UP the Truly INNOCENT UP?
Apparently, we shouldn't have been with Putin, Jinping, and Un. Who knew we should have just taken those three out of commission when we had our chances?
With comments like this one here there is NO wonder WHY so MANY people WANT that country to LOSE their power, and ATTITUDE.
All hail the autocrats.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have at it, Age. Maybe next time you post something about "you" adults, you can just say, "you" Americans, at least you maybe wouldn't implicate yourself in such a syntactical formulation (unless you too live in the US).

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:14 am

All hail the autocrats.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have at it, Age.
When you say 'it' here, what are you meaning or referring TO, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:14 amMaybe next time you post something about "you" adults, you can just say, "you" Americans, at least you maybe wouldn't implicate yourself in such a syntactical formulation (unless you too live in the US).
Maybe I can, but maybe I can NOT.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:26 am

Have at it, Age.
I mean, if you want to blame and accuse every American for what a relatively small number of powermongers did in our name, then have at doing that. If it makes you feel better to castigate all the humans for what some do or did, then feel free. I don't buy into it, but you aren't going to listen to anything I say anyway. Heck, if I were in your shoes and possessed a little less self-awareness, then I'd probably do the same thing.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am

Have at it, Age.
I mean, if you want to blame and accuse every American for what a relatively small number of powermongers did in our name, then have at doing that.
Well I have NEVER wanted that. I have also NEVER SAID, NOR even SUGGESTED absolutely ANY 'thing' like that, so WHY you would ASSUME and SAY such a 'thing' as you have hee now, then ONLY 'you' would KNOW.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am If it makes you feel better to castigate all the humans for what some do or did, then feel free.
But I have NEVER even thought of doing ANY such 'thing' as this.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am I don't buy into it, but you aren't going to listen to anything I say anyway.
The one who has NOT been LISTENING here is OBVIOUSLY NOT me.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am Heck, if I were in your shoes and possessed a little less self-awareness, then I'd probably do the same thing.
BUT I have NOT even BEGUN to do what you have been ASSUMING here.

Have you EVER considered just SEEKING OUT CLARIFICATION, FIRST, BEFORE you MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, and JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS?

I have FOUND it to be a VERY USEFUL and VERY HELPFUL exercise.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:44 am

I mean, if you want to blame and accuse every American for what a relatively small number of powermongers did in our name, then have at doing that.
Well I have NEVER wanted that. I have also NEVER SAID, NOR even SUGGESTED absolutely ANY 'thing' like that, so WHY you would ASSUME and SAY such a 'thing' as you have hee now, then ONLY 'you' would KNOW.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am If it makes you feel better to castigate all the humans for what some do or did, then feel free.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am I don't buy into it, but you aren't going to listen to anything I say anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:31 am Heck, if I were in your shoes and possessed a little less self-awareness, then I'd probably do the same thing.

Have you EVER considered just SEEKING OUT CLARIFICATION, FIRST, BEFORE you MAKE ASSUMPTIONS, and JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS?

OK. What do you mean by:
Who is "you" people? "You" usually refers to the person one is talking to. Are you talking to someone other than me or are you assuming I had anything to do with any of the wars the leaders of my country have gotten us into?
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 am I fear my country is going to lose to (or in Popeye's words be "crushed" by) the combined powers of Russia, China, (probably) North Korea, and Iran. Brazil and India are apparently on board with the private fiefdoms run by Putin, Jinping, Un and the theocracy in Iran. What a mistake it was to have elected leaders who can only stay in office a max of 8 years at most and potentially be thrown out of office by Congress through impeachment. Apparently, we need monarchs in the US instead. Not that the monied and well-to-do who are/were the captains of industry weren't defacto monarchs themselves who probably are preparing their escape plans taking their wealth with them and buying land in New Zealand. (I hear that's an actual thing for the wealthy).

Yes. Let's "crush" America, says Popeye. The "world" wants America to be "crushed". Guess I happen to live in the wrong country. Have fun while you destroy us, everyone. By all means, don't be the least bit merciful. Apparently, we shouldn't have been with Putin, Jinping, and Un. Who knew we should have just taken those three out of commission when we had our chances? All hail the autocrats!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
America has been a cruel master, if you do not know it, the world does, murder and mayhem all for global dominance and the America way. America has been the global crime family with all the virtues these psychopaths couldn't muster. America being the one superpower could abuse the weaker countries, commit crimes against humanity, and who was able to bring them to account, no Nuremberg trials for American international criminals. America has been threatening the peoples of the world for decades with the most powerful war machine the world has ever seen. The world got tired of being terrorized and prepared for the day of reckoning. America still believes it can use its military to fuck with anyone they want to, but as in Vietnam they play checkers with their brute force only to find out the game being played is chess. When I said that America's war machine would be crushed, so it will be, just as the monster Nazi war machine was crushed by the Russians and saved the free world's ass, and this is the thanks they get. Even the subjugated Europeans know what an assholes America is, and slowly will join the world community of the BRICS. America has become like a mad dog, and one thing about mad dogs is, you can't let them run through the schoolyard as they have been doing since 1955. It will be a better world when America is forced to behave decently, and perhaps function in the world like a civil member of the global community. Nietzsche: "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." America through its own propaganda believe they defeated the Nazi war machine, and thus have become the monster they believe they have defeated. Crack a history book Yank, the Russians saved your ass.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:48 am
Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:44 am

OK. What do you mean by:
Who is "you" people?
As I just SAID. 'you', people, ARE 'you', people, who go INTO OTHER countries and BLOW the Truly INNOCENT UP.

you KNOW, the ones who go INTO OTHER countries and BLOW UP the Truly INNOCENT ones. you KNOW, the CHILDREN.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:48 am "You" usually refers to the person one is talking to.
Have 'you', "gary childress", EVER NOTICED that 'I' am the ONE who, when USING the 'you' word, on MANY OCCASIONS put that word in single quotations with word/s after 'it' in commas to MAKE KNOW WHO I am ACTUALLY REFERRING TO, EXACTLY?

This was LESS MISTAKES or LESS MISCOMMUNICATION could be MADE by 'you', the reader, here.

As for YOUR CLAIM that the word 'you', when used here, USUALLY REFERS TO 'the person' one is talking to I would NOT be SURE OF, unless I LOOKED BACK, throughout human history, to CHECK. But, if 'this' is what you WANT TO BELIEVE is true, then so be it.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:48 am Are you talking to someone other than me or are you assuming I had anything to do with any of the wars the leaders of my country have gotten us into?
I suggest INSTEAD of HAVING or HOLDING a LIMITED VIEW, like you ARE EXPRESSING and SHOWING here, that BEFORE you EVEN BEGIN TO ASSUME such 'things' that 'you', "gary childress" and ANY one "ELSE", ACTUALLY SEEK OUT and OBTAIN ACTUAL CLARITY FIRST.

Maybe if you QUOTE the ACTUAL sentence or word that 'you', "gary childress", are ACTUALLY REFERRING TO here now, then 'we' can LOOK AT and SEE what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, that 'you', "gary childress", are REFERRING TO here.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:15 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:13 am I fear my country is going to lose to (or in Popeye's words be "crushed" by) the combined powers of Russia, China, (probably) North Korea, and Iran. Brazil and India are apparently on board with the private fiefdoms run by Putin, Jinping, Un and the theocracy in Iran. What a mistake it was to have elected leaders who can only stay in office a max of 8 years at most and potentially be thrown out of office by Congress through impeachment. Apparently, we need monarchs in the US instead. Not that the monied and well-to-do who are/were the captains of industry weren't defacto monarchs themselves who probably are preparing their escape plans taking their wealth with them and buying land in New Zealand. (I hear that's an actual thing for the wealthy).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
America has been a cruel master, if you do not know it, the world does, murder and mayhem all for global dominance and the America way. America has been the global crime family with all the virtues these psychopaths couldn't muster. America being the one superpower could abuse the weaker countries, commit crimes against humanity, and who was able to bring them to account, no Nuremberg trials for American international criminals. America has been threatening the peoples of the world for decades with the most powerful war machine the world has ever seen. The world got tired of being terrorized and prepared for the day of reckoning. America still believes it can use its military to fuck with anyone they wants to, but as in Vietnam they play checkers with their brute force only to find out the game being played with chess. When I said that America's war machine would be crushed, so it will be, just as the monster Nazi war machine was crushed by the Russians and saved the free world's ass, and this is the thanks they get. Even the subjugated Europeans know what assholes America is, and slowly will join the world community of the BRICS. America has become like a mad dog, and one thing about mad dogs is, you can't let them run through the school yard as they have been doing since 1955. It will be a better world when America is forced to behave decently, and perhaps function in the world like a civil member of the global community. Nietzsche: "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." America through its own propaganda believe they defeated the Nazi war machine, and thus have become the monster they believe they have defeated. Crack a history book Yank, the Russia saved your ass.
As with ANY one who lives WITHIN a 'cult' can NOT SEE the ACTUAL 'Truth', so to there ARE 'country', or 'cultural', 'cults', of which MANY people can live WITHIN.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Age wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:25 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
America has been a cruel master, if you do not know it, the world does, murder and mayhem all for global dominance and the America way. America has been the global crime family with all the virtues these psychopaths couldn't muster. America being the one superpower could abuse the weaker countries, commit crimes against humanity, and who was able to bring them to account, no Nuremberg trials for American international criminals. America has been threatening the peoples of the world for decades with the most powerful war machine the world has ever seen. The world got tired of being terrorized and prepared for the day of reckoning. America still believes it can use its military to fuck with anyone they want to, but as in Vietnam they play checkers with their brute force only to find out the game being played with chess. When I said that America's war machine would be crushed, so it will be, just as the monster Nazi war machine was crushed by the Russians and saved the free world's ass, and this is the thanks they get. Even the subjugated Europeans know what assholes America is, and slowly will join the world community of the BRICS. America has become like a mad dog, and one thing about mad dogs is, you can't let them run through the school yard as they have been doing since 1955. It will be a better world when America is forced to behave decently, and perhaps function in the world like a civil member of the global community. Nietzsche: "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." America through its own propaganda believe they defeated the Nazi war machine, and thus have become the monster they believe they have defeated. Crack a history book Yank, the Russia saved your ass.
As with ANY one who lives WITHIN a 'cult' can NOT SEE the ACTUAL 'Truth', so to there ARE 'country', or 'cultural', 'cults', of which MANY people can live WITHIN.
Interesting insight! The power elite in America have the art of propaganda down to an art and treat its citizens like so many cattle, and it works. If the American people were aware of the horrendous global crimes their government has been subjecting the world community to, I believe they would rise up and take back the power. That, however, is wishful thinking and unlikely to happen, in the meantime the world community has to protect itself, and it is doing so.

Post by Age »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:33 am

America has been a cruel master, if you do not know it, the world does, murder and mayhem all for global dominance and the America way. America has been the global crime family with all the virtues these psychopaths couldn't muster. America being the one superpower could abuse the weaker countries, commit crimes against humanity, and who was able to bring them to account, no Nuremberg trials for American international criminals. America has been threatening the peoples of the world for decades with the most powerful war machine the world has ever seen. The world got tired of being terrorized and prepared for the day of reckoning. America still believes it can use its military to fuck with anyone they want to, but as in Vietnam they play checkers with their brute force only to find out the game being played with chess. When I said that America's war machine would be crushed, so it will be, just as the monster Nazi war machine was crushed by the Russians and saved the free world's ass, and this is the thanks they get. Even the subjugated Europeans know what assholes America is, and slowly will join the world community of the BRICS. America has become like a mad dog, and one thing about mad dogs is, you can't let them run through the school yard as they have been doing since 1955. It will be a better world when America is forced to behave decently, and perhaps function in the world like a civil member of the global community. Nietzsche: "Those who fight monsters must beware of becoming one." America through its own propaganda believe they defeated the Nazi war machine, and thus have become the monster they believe they have defeated. Crack a history book Yank, the Russia saved your ass.
Interesting insight! The power elite in America have the art of propaganda down to an art and treat its citizens like so many cattle, and it works.
If ANY one could sell 'things' like "pepsi", "coca cola", and/or "mcdonalds" of all 'things', to a world audience, then they MUST BE experts at propaganda and/or marketing. And the proof that they have propaganda and the ability to fool its citizens/marketing, down to an absolute art form, can be clearly observed in just how many 'follows', WITHIN that country and CULT, ACTUALLY BELIEVE that they NEED guns and weapons, AND that violence AGAINST "each other" is a necessary and unavoidable part of life and living.
popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:33 am If the American people were aware of the horrendous global crimes their government has been subjecting the world community to, I believe they would rise up and take back the power. That, however, is wishful thinking and unlikely to happen, in the meantime the world community has to protect itself, and it is doing so.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

popeye1945 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:33 am

Interesting insight! The power elite in America have the art of propaganda down to an art and treat its citizens like so many cattle, and it works. If the American people were aware of the horrendous global crimes their government has been subjecting the world community to, I believe they would rise up and take back the power. That, however, is wishful thinking and unlikely to happen, in the meantime the world community has to protect itself, and it is doing so.
What we are now seeing in those who are supporting Donald Trump is such a "rising up". Those who support Trump are angry and feel separated from the government (which they call the 'deep state') because of what the government has done over the last 20 years (if not longer) in all our names. People have come to the realization that there is a real price to pay for seeking war and violence against other nations (basically supporting the leaders of other nations in taming their own populations). Therefore Americans are rising up as they did at the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

In response to this rising up, (I suspect) the US government has more or less opened its borders to a controlled process of immigration from the rest of the world and (I suspect) its treasury to the leaders of foreign nations whom it has wronged. If that is indeed what the US is doing, then it is doing so in the name of peace. That is a good thing and should be done in order to prevent incredible violence.

We must all trust in the process of peace and seek it out. We must all seek to prevent violence. It cannot only be a 'local' effort by some of the world but not all of it. All that is happening is justice. We must all, therefore, allow justice to happen in a way that does not bring injustice and do what we must do in order to meet the needs of justice. And a lesson must be learned for all governments and all leaders and all people.

That is what I believe to be happening. I cannot prove it but I suspect that is what is happening. I am going to go with that assumption because I believe the alternative is far worse.

¯\_(*_*)_/¯