What does God look like?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Re: What does God look like?

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:22 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm
Dubious wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:30 pm That can never be known since god as creator exists in the smallest particles where all power at its most fundamental resides. There exists no duality in that instant where power remains singular and compressed.
IDK.

There are two ways to look at the notion of a God creating light of both the physical realm and the spiritual, Guiding Light, type of thinking.

Physically, dark and empty space must be there to be penetrated by light before light can show a reality.

At the micro levels, the rainbows color bands, if seen as beads, have a black bead on each side.

Spiritually or at our souls level; as Jesus indicates, we all get to retire God and become our own judges, and I see no reason not to do that while living if the God in question is the vile Christian God that is way different than what he started out being.
WHY do some of 'you', people, talk ABOUT some IMAGINED 'vile christian God'?

WHAT do ANY of 'you' PROPOSE is 'vile' ABOUT 'this God'?
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm He was the best around before stupid supernatural beliefs.

Regards
DL
Seriously?

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”

I do not even have to tell you who said that.

We talk about that vile Christian God because he is an immoral son of a bitch and is producing immoral fucking Christians.

That Yahweh/Jesus genocidal combo is giving good Christians, those being Gnostic Christians, a bad name.

Which Yahweh do you see?

The good Gnostic one or the popular bastard who always kills when he could just as easily cure.

You like the genocidal God, do you?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:13 am
'you', like ALL of the "other" adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, will just CONTINUE to EXPRESS 'your' OWN 'points of views' as though, LAUGHINGLY, are the EXACT right AND correct ones.
I see this as an all encompassing statement for all adults with any kind of mind.

We cannot all help from doing this, as we are all the best we can possibly be at every point in time.

Most people are the same basic mental model, and if we only had pictures instead of words to argue with, you would see the unanimity of though and that fact is shown by all of us being too good to each other.

Apotheosis is both a blessing and a curse.

I feel, like a one eyed man in the land of the blind.

Regards
DL
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:49 pm
Dubious wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:56 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:48 pm

You have facts on a God, somehow.

There is no way I can match your personal knowledge and experience of God even with my own apotheosis.

I concede.

Regards
DL

Not necessary to concede; if you believe otherwise so be it. What is super-factually clear is that there is no god made apparent anywhere within the realm of reality and not even the least iota for its necessity to move anything. On a Bayesian level, god is the closest thing there is to a non-entity the acknowledgement of which requires no apotheosis of any kind.

Whatever apotheosis you may have had is purely your own.
Indeed.

Many are called but few hear.

You hear your God and have put words in his mouth.

I heard mine and mimic and hope the words I use are close in definition to the Gods.

Most scholars say we might not have a clue as to what some God would really mean in a word.

I E. Life, soul, etc.

If you were not told directly that your thinking was correct by God, --- as in my case, --- my God is better than yours, thinking wise.

Regards
DL
I don't make any god comparisons at any level since that is tantamount to comparing nothing with nothing which clearly defaults to nothing.

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm
Age wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:22 am
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm

IDK.

There are two ways to look at the notion of a God creating light of both the physical realm and the spiritual, Guiding Light, type of thinking.

Physically, dark and empty space must be there to be penetrated by light before light can show a reality.

At the micro levels, the rainbows color bands, if seen as beads, have a black bead on each side.

Spiritually or at our souls level; as Jesus indicates, we all get to retire God and become our own judges, and I see no reason not to do that while living if the God in question is the vile Christian God that is way different than what he started out being.
WHY do some of 'you', people, talk ABOUT some IMAGINED 'vile christian God'?

WHAT do ANY of 'you' PROPOSE is 'vile' ABOUT 'this God'?
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:15 pm He was the best around before stupid supernatural beliefs.

Regards
DL
Seriously?
YES, SERIOUSLY.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”
This is just your OWN personal VIEW and PERSPECTIVE.

UNTIL 'you' PROVIDE some ACTUAL examples of WRITTEN WORDS that have LED 'you' to HAVING THIS VIEW of YOURS and THIS PERSPECTIVE, then 'we' have absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to LOOK AT, LOOK OVER, nor TO EVEN CONSIDER, and DISCUSS.

I do not even have to tell you who said that.[/quote]

UNLESS some one "ELSE" besides 'you' 'said that', then I have absolutely NO CLUE as to 'who' said 'that'. In fact I do NOT even KNOW what the 'that' here word is IN RELATION TO, EXACTLY.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm We talk about that vile Christian God because he is an immoral son of a bitch and is producing immoral fucking Christians.
1. WHO does the 'we' word here REFER TO, EXACTLY?

2. I have NOT YET SEEN ANY PROOF of some so-called 'vile christian God'.

3. WHY do 'you', human beings, call ANY God A "he" FOR? WHAT, EXACTLY, would MAKE a species, which HAS THE ABILITY of ABSOLUTE PURE INTELLIGENCE think OR refer to some 'Thing' like God would be 'male gendered' of ALL 'things'?

4. If God is SUPPOSED TO BE ALL GOOD and/or BENEVOLENT, then WHY ARE 'you', the so-called "greatest I am" here, calling 'God' 'an immoral son of a bitch'? WHO is THIS BITCH that God IS or COULD BE a 'son' TO, EXACTLY?

5. WHY do you only mention "christians" here. Name AN ADULT human being who is NOT 'immoral'.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm That Yahweh/Jesus genocidal combo is giving good Christians, those being Gnostic Christians, a bad name.
Here is ANOTHER one who ACTUALLY BELIEVES that there ARE so-called "good people" AND so-called "bad people".
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm Which Yahweh do you see?
WHO and/or WHAT IS A 'Yahweh', EXACTLY, to you?
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm The good Gnostic one or the popular bastard who always kills when he could just as easily cure.
As far as I AM AWARE there is NO 'good Gnostic' NOR 'popular bastard' God NOR Yahweh.

To me, I SEE just One Thing, which goes by MANY DIFFERENT names, to 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm You like the genocidal God, do you?
I AM STILL WAITING, PATIENTLY, for you to PROVIDE some ACTUAL PROOF of some so-called 'genocidal God', which you APPEAR TO BELIEVE ACTUALLY EXISTS, BEFORE I could even BEGIN to DECIDE whether I like 'it' or NOT.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:01 pm Regards
DL

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm
'you', like ALL of the "other" adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, will just CONTINUE to EXPRESS 'your' OWN 'points of views' as though, LAUGHINGLY, are the EXACT right AND correct ones.
I see this as an all encompassing statement for all adults with any kind of mind.
HOW MANY 'minds' do you think or BELIEVE EXIST?

And, will you NAME SOME of these DIFFERENT 'kinds of mind' for us here?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Also, IF you KNOW of ANY adult human being who does NOT EXPRESS 'their' OWN 'points of views' as though 'they' are the EXACT right AND correct 'points of views' TO HAVE, then WILL you NAME 'them'?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Do you KNOW of ANY adult human being who does NOT EXPRESS 'their' OWN 'points of views' as though 'their' 'points of views' are NOT right and correct 'points of views'?
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm We cannot all help from doing this, as we are all the best we can possibly be at every point in time.
LOL
LOL
LOL

I CERTAINLY DO NOT do 'this'.

Also, here we have ANOTHER GREAT example at ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT 'minimization' and "justification" for one's Wrong thinking AND Wrong doing.

At EVERY 'point in time' EVERY adult CAN think AND do BETTER. However, at EVERY 'point in time', in the past, EVERY one DID thought AND did ONLY what they COULD.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm Most people are the same basic mental model, and if we only had pictures instead of words to argue with, you would see the unanimity of though and that fact is shown by all of us being too good to each other.
OF COURSE EVERY adult human being DOES SOME GOOD 'things' SOME of the time. Just like it is VERY OBVIOUS that EVERY adult human DOES SOME BAD 'things' SOME of the time.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm Apotheosis is both a blessing and a curse.

does the word 'apotheosis' MEAN or REFER TO, to you, EXACTLY?
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm I feel, like a one eyed man in the land of the blind.

Regards
DL
What does 'this' even MEAN or REFER TO, EXACTLY?

Do 'you' think or BELIEVE that you SEE and/or KNOW MORE than EVERY one ELSE around you?

If yes, is this WHY 'you' have named "your" 'self' here, "greatest I am"?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:11 am
seeds wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:37 pm Twin one: "I know you think I'm imagining things, but not only do I still believe that there exists a "mom," but I am now starting to think that there exists a higher dimension of reality on the other side of the great barrier that surrounds us."
The barrier you speak of is the gateless gate from the unknowing into the known. The known being a simple appearance of unknowing. In reality there is no gate there/here. Nothing passes from one state to the other. Both death and living are the exact same one stateless state differing only in appearance....

...So Seeds, your story is just another fantasized made up, big fat yawn fest, just another boring, hey everyone, look what I made up, does my bs look good, are you convinced yet.....
Thank you, Dam, for confirming this earlier prediction:
seeds wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:11 am Now of course, for obvious reasons depicted in my little "Swanson twin" soap opera, I expect a whole host of "Swanson twin number twos" to ridicule what I just proposed....
And yes, Dam, we are both guilty of making up stories.

I, on the one hand (for reasons I have yet to fully explain), have made up a story in which I use words that try to assure everyone that no matter how awful things may be going for you for the few fleeting moments you spend on this planet, a wonderful and amazing purpose for existing will be revealed to you at the moment of what we call death.

While you, on the other hand, have created a story in which you use words in a way that is not unlike the way in which Jackson Pollock uses paint...

Now I kind of doubt that your verbal gibberish will ever sell for quite as much money as Pollock's visual gibberish, but you can at least take pride in knowing that it has a similar effect on people.

Harkening back to my Swanson twin soap opera, your understandable inability to visualize what "MOM" looks like from our momentary "fetal-like" perspective, has (as with all atheists) turned you into a purveyor of nihilism and hopelessness where you neither see (nor offer) any hint (or hope) of there being any sort of logical reason for how and why we have been awakened into existence.
_______
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I wonder if Age is a chatbot, or perhaps Age believes he doesn't also live in the present time "when all these words were typed". It's perplexing at times. However, it does sound like Age is blaming everyone but himself for what is currently going on. :?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

seeds wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:11 am
seeds wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:37 pm Twin one: "I know you think I'm imagining things, but not only do I still believe that there exists a "mom," but I am now starting to think that there exists a higher dimension of reality on the other side of the great barrier that surrounds us."
The barrier you speak of is the gateless gate from the unknowing into the known. The known being a simple appearance of unknowing. In reality there is no gate there/here. Nothing passes from one state to the other. Both death and living are the exact same one stateless state differing only in appearance....

...So Seeds, your story is just another fantasized made up, big fat yawn fest, just another boring, hey everyone, look what I made up, does my bs look good, are you convinced yet.....
Thank you, Dam, for confirming this earlier prediction:
seeds wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:11 am Now of course, for obvious reasons depicted in my little "Swanson twin" soap opera, I expect a whole host of "Swanson twin number twos" to ridicule what I just proposed....
And yes, Dam, we are both guilty of making up stories.

I, on the one hand (for reasons I have yet to fully explain), have made up a story in which I use words that try to assure everyone that no matter how awful things may be going for you for the few fleeting moments you spend on this planet, a wonderful and amazing purpose for existing will be revealed to you at the moment of what we call death.

While you, on the other hand, have created a story in which you use words in a way that is not unlike the way in which Jackson Pollock uses paint...

Now I kind of doubt that your verbal gibberish will ever sell for quite as much money as Pollock's visual gibberish, but you can at least take pride in knowing that it has a similar effect on people.

Harkening back to my Swanson twin soap opera, your understandable inability to visualize what "MOM" looks like from our momentary "fetal-like" perspective, has (as with all atheists) turned you into a purveyor of nihilism and hopelessness where you neither see (nor offer) any hint (or hope) of there being any sort of logical reason for how and why we have been awakened into existence.
_______
Now I know where someone came up with the idea of selling people "silly string". :|
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

seeds wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:45 pmAnd yes, Dam, we are both guilty of making up stories.

There is only the story, alternatively known as the conceptual dream of separation, of which there is an apparent identification with the character in the story as being I.
But who you really are is not I, but is beyond the dream character. I is beyond the conception, I is this immediate here now,nowhere, unknowing mystery.

You / I have never known death. So to speak of death is pointless, meaningless, and futile, except as believed to be known as a concept only in this conception, as seen and written in every legendary folklore and fairytale that has ever been passed around from generation to generation since time immemorial.
seeds wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:45 pmNow I kind of doubt that your verbal gibberish will ever sell for quite as much money as Pollock's visual gibberish, but you can at least take pride in knowing that it has a similar effect on people.
This world into which you are apparently born is not for sale. Nothing belongs to you. Never has done, never will, you are never not here.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 am

If no, then WHY NOT?

Also, IF you KNOW of ANY adult human being who does NOT EXPRESS 'their' OWN 'points of views' as though 'they' are the EXACT right AND correct 'points of views' TO HAVE, then WILL you NAME 'them'?

If no, then WHY NOT?

Do you KNOW of ANY adult human being who does NOT EXPRESS 'their' OWN 'points of views' as though 'their' 'points of views' are NOT right and correct 'points of views'?
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm We cannot all help from doing this, as we are all the best we can possibly be at every point in time.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Also, here we have ANOTHER GREAT example at ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT 'minimization' and "justification" for one's Wrong thinking AND Wrong doing.

At EVERY 'point in time' EVERY adult CAN think AND do BETTER. However, at EVERY 'point in time', in the past, EVERY one DID thought AND did ONLY what they COULD.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm Most people are the same basic mental model, and if we only had pictures instead of words to argue with, you would see the unanimity of though and that fact is shown by all of us being too good to each other.
OF COURSE EVERY adult human being DOES SOME GOOD 'things' SOME of the time. Just like it is VERY OBVIOUS that EVERY adult human DOES SOME BAD 'things' SOME of the time.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm Apotheosis is both a blessing and a curse.

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:21 pm I feel, like a one eyed man in the land of the blind.

Regards
DL

Do 'you' think or BELIEVE that you SEE and/or KNOW MORE than EVERY one ELSE around you?

Cheep shot.

Yes, thanks to my apotheosis and telepathy, I know more than most.

Which is what the one eyed man in a blind world represents, as others cannot see that I can see.

That is why I just promote seeking/meditating and walk away.

If you find one greater than I, link me up. I love to learn new things.

Regards
DL
seeds

Post by seeds »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 am Do 'you' think or BELIEVE that you SEE and/or KNOW MORE than EVERY one ELSE around you?

Which is what the one eyed man in a blind world represents, as others cannot see that I can see....
Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, what we have here are two shining examples of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Can anyone suggest a possible cure?
_______

Post by Age »

seeds wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:25 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 am Do 'you' think or BELIEVE that you SEE and/or KNOW MORE than EVERY one ELSE around you?

Which is what the one eyed man in a blind world represents, as others cannot see that I can see....
Ladies and gentlemen of the forum, what we have here are two shining examples of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Can anyone suggest a possible cure?
_______
Name just one time, or list many times if you like, where 'you' think or BELIEVE that I have 'overestimated my ability or knowledge' here "seeds".

We NOW AWAIT 'your' response/s.

Then, and ONLY THEN, we can LOOK and SEE IF there is ACTUALLY ANY truth AT ALL to 'your' CLAIM here, or NOT.

For what might ACTUALLY be discovered here is that it was ACTUALLY 'you', "seeds", who HAS 'overestimated' in 'your' ABILITY to SEE and KNOW 'things' here.

We will just have to WAIT, to SEE.

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:03 am

If no, then WHY NOT?

If no, then WHY NOT?

LOL
LOL
LOL

Regards
DL

Cheep shot.
Absolutely EVERY 'thing' IS RELATIVE, to the 'observer'.
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm Yes, thanks to my apotheosis and telepathy, I know more than most.
Like 'what', for example?
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm Which is what the one eyed man in a blind world represents, as others cannot see that I can see.
Like 'what', for example?
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm That is why I just promote seeking/meditating and walk away.
But WHY 'walk away'?

What are you AFRAID OF, or HIDING FROM, EXACTLY?

Seems Truly ABSURD, well to me anyway, to come to a philosophy forum CLAIM that 'I' KNOW MORE and can SEE MORE than "others", and than just WALK AWAY, INSTEAD of STAYING and STANDING BEHIND what you SAY and CLAIM.

I suggest that you STAY so-called "greatest i am", AND back up and support YOUR CLAIMS, when being QUESTIONED and CHALLENGED. Otherwise 'you' WILL BE SEEN AS a 'SCARED FRAUD' and/or 'LIAR'.
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:55 pm If you find one greater than I, link me up. I love to learn new things.

Regards
DL
But promoting 'seeking/meditating', and then just WALKING, or RUNNING, AWAY, is ABSOLUTELY NOT the SIGN of one who IS Truly OPEN NOR of one who Truly has the 'love-of-learning' of NEW 'things', AT ALL.

Now, for 'me' to SHOW 'you' 'one' who IS or who MIGHT BE so-called ' greater than 'I' ', 'you' HAVE TO FIRST INFORM 'us' if WHO and/or WHAT this 'I' IS here, EXACTLY.

Are 'you', so-called "greatest i am" even CAPABLE of doing 'this' here, for 'us'?

Oh, and by the way, so-called "greatest i am", one NEVER has to be, so-called, "greater", for "another one" to LEARN FROM.

And, as a matter of Fact, the ACTUAL Truth IS the GREATEST 'teachers', in Life, ABOUT 'life and living', itself, ARE the ones who are known AS 'the lessor' ones of 'you', adults, in the days when this is being written. BUT, VERY SADLY and VERY UNFORTUNATELY those ones were and are NOT being Truly LISTENED TO.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

God looks like this >

God looks like this >

God looks like this >

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

God looks like everything, and has been there, done that, and bought the T shirt.