Astrology and karma..

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Astrology and karma..

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:55 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:58 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:45 am Astrology is just another human abstract concept, it's a fictional story written by no one, or no thing, read by consciousness, that is imageless and unknowable even to itself.
Abstract concepts put men on the moon, although some folks dispute that, therefore not all abstract concepts are fiction, therefore keep trying.
https://thebulletin.org/2023/04/faster- ... st-heading

Real or not real? What do you think Walker?
- The issue about the political movement of climate change is not about whether or not the climate changes.
- Obviously, the climate changes.
- You should know that by now, Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:58 am - You should know that by now, Gary.
What should I know swami Walker? Please enlighten me.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:37 pm
You should know by now, in your youth of old age, that the political movement of Climate Change is not about whether or not the climate changes. Of course the climate changes. Everyone knows that.

I think your link is not required as proof of that, just as a link to prove to me that folks breathe is not required.

I already told you that, but I'm sparing you the snark out of consideration for the possible effects of your meds. And on the subject of your snark, I'm not a swami, Gary.

Should I abuse you and your character to prove that I'm not a swami, as you do to others?

Feel any lighter?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now, based on past performance, Gary, I would not expect you to know let alone grok any or all of this, but the off-chance that someone might, does exist ...

Regarding your request, glad to help one who confuses a consistent* philosophy with Swaminism

If I claimed the self-concept of Christian and you called my Holy Book, The Holy Babble, I’d likely feel the urge to proportionately fuck you up because I have no need to indulge you with other than my lack of cultivated graciousness, kindness, and forgiveness … admirable qualities that get skillfully displayed by at least one victim of your ignorance in these environs.

These displayed qualities by at least one other provide real-life teaching via example, here and now, teachings about Peace in Relationship. Their source? Christianity. I must say, they make the visit to PN worthwhile, and show the intellectual path that forks off that urge.

These displayed qualities manifest from the relationship between awareness and the object of awareness, just like qualities get displayed by everyone in their relationship between awareness and apprehension.

This relationship (action) sets one’s existence into the stone of the ether (karma) more deeply than self-concept (thought) can (i.e. action creates karma) and any bleating that declares duality does not exist, cannot obscure this dualistic reality unless one has evolved into a bodhisattva ever-ready to offer one’s form to satisfy a hungry tiger, which tedious defense of ego belies. However, one in such a selfless condition would need a support staff to deal with mundane things of life, such as warding off tigers and keeping the wolf away from the door.

* note the absence of the verb, to-be, in this peer-to-peer transmission.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:41 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:37 pm
You should know by now, in your youth of old age, that the political movement of Climate Change is not about whether or not the climate changes. Of course the climate changes. Everyone knows that.

I think your link is not required as proof of that, just as a link to prove to me that folks breathe is not required.

I already told you that, but I'm sparing you the snark out of consideration for the possible effects of your meds. And on the subject of your snark, I'm not a swami, Gary.

Should I abuse you and your character to prove that I'm not a swami, as you do to others?

Feel any lighter?
Climate change is about preserving the ecosystem AND ultimately humanity, finding out if it's under threat and if it is, then finding out if there's something we are doing to precipitate that change for the worse, which would involve doing or not doing something we are currently doing and potentially replacing it with doing something else (if it is destroying the ecosystem). That's all. You can make anything else of it that you want. Climate change is real. It's describing something that is happening. The most blatant thing I can think of that is happening is the destruction of the ecosystem. That's real whether we think it isn't or not, or else it isn't real. There are also other components to it, including human migration but there's a lot packed into that too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯