IN the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

IN the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

Post by Dontaskme »

Does that mean the third rock from the sun was built before Mercury ?

And then what about Mars and Jupiter, who created them and why?
Gary Childress

Re: IN the beginning God created the heaven and the earth

Post by Gary Childress »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:15 pm Does that mean the third rock from the sun was built before Mercury ?

And then what about Mars and Jupiter, who created them and why?
Who cares? It should be evident to most that the Earth orbits the Sun and nice visa versa and that the Milky Way is not the only galaxy in the universe. I doubt any being took lumps of clay (or matter or whatever) and meticulously built each and every planet, every single star, and everything else one at a time. If I were God and had the know-how even I would find a way to automate all that so that I didn't have to micromanage it. Hopefully, the creator of the universe is at least as intelligent as I am. But who knows? Maybe Flat Earthers have uncovered the great conspiracy of scientists! :oops:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I just don't understand the point of making empty planets, I mean what a waste. If God was really clever he would make proper use of those empty planets, rather than just have them lying around redundant.

Why place all his created children on one planet called earth, knowing full well some of them are living in very cramped and crowded conditions, all the while there are planets the size of Jupiter just lying around idle. It doesn't make any sense.
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

In the beginning God created the Minkowski 4D absolute spacetime and then the different gravity galaxies
Attachments
God is deist.jpg
God is deist.jpg (12.06 KiB) Viewed 691 times
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

socrat44 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:55 am In the beginning God created the Minkowski 4D absolute spacetime and then the different gravity galaxies
5D.

Keep up.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:15 pm
IN the beginning God created
You are aware, I hope, that that beginning of creation is what happens in your own young mind when born.

Right?

Think of you as coming out of the dark chaos before birth to your first I am moment and when creating your soul.

Can't help that in a dualistic reality.

Right?

Regards
DL
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Illicit Transposition Fallacy

"Explain o nonphysicalist why the mind is the brain!"
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Let the record show that the gentleman has called the Illicit Transposition Fallacy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:11 am
You are aware, I hope, that that beginning of creation is what happens in your own young mind when born.

Right?

Think of you as coming out of the dark chaos before birth to your first I am moment and when creating your soul.

Right?

Regards
DL
I understand this.

But why call the creator God?

Why don't humans just say in the beginning ''my mind'' created heaven and earth?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm

Right?

Right?

Regards
DL
I understand this.

What do you envision is a BETTER word for referencing 'the creator'?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm Why don't humans just say in the beginning ''my mind'' created heaven and earth?
BECAUSE 'you', human beings, do NOT have NOR possess ANY so-called 'mind', individually NOR collectively.

Also, in the days when this was being written, most of 'you' did NOT even KNOw what the first three words of 'In the beginning' MEANT nor REFERRED TO, EXACTLY. Let alone UNDERSTOOD what the rest even MEANT and REFERRED TO..
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Right?

Right?

Regards
DL
I understand this.

Why don't humans just say in the beginning ''my mind'' created heaven and earth?
The God religions have been corrupted by supernatural belief.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:16 pm

Right?

Right?

Regards
DL
I understand this.

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:01 pm Why don't humans just say in the beginning ''my mind'' created heaven and earth?
BECAUSE 'you', human beings, do NOT have NOR possess ANY so-called 'mind', individually NOR collectively.

Also, in the days when this was being written, most of 'you' did NOT even KNOw what the first three words of 'In the beginning' MEANT nor REFERRED TO, EXACTLY. Let alone UNDERSTOOD what the rest even MEANT and REFERRED TO..
Yet you are too lazy to give us your information and opinions as to the meaning.

Your either a piss poor apologist who cannot form arguments, or just lazy and inarticulate.

Regards
DL
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:43 pm
Age wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:16 pm

I understand this.

Yet you are too lazy to give us your information and opinions as to the meaning.

Your either a piss poor apologist who cannot form arguments, or just lazy and inarticulate.

Regards
DL
Why don’t you just concentrate on smelling your own bullshit and leave others to theirs.

Seriously you need to cultivate better communication skills yourself if you are going to criticise and accuse others for lack of it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:38 pm

Right?

Right?

Regards
DL
I understand this.

The God religions have been corrupted by supernatural belief.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia ... =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL
Just answer the simple question so a 4 year old can understand….and try to refrain from info bombing.
Keep it simple stupid.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:45 pm
They have been poorly educated for too long by religions that only care about cash and do not care about truth.

I have been telling people for eons that all that happens in scriptures are to happen in our own minds.

No one cares enough about enlightenment to do the work to get it.

Many are called but few do the work.

In a way I cannot blame people. The enlightened are not believed anyway and few will bother taking the stress of doing the moral battles that doing the right thing takes.

I am not special. Just tougher than most religious liars.

Regards
DL