What could make morality objective?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: What could make morality objective?

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:14 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:05 pm But all those qualities you attribute to an FSK are not really relevant since no one, not science, not anyone except VA knows what it is.
Apparently Sculptor doesn't even understand how synonyms work.

An FSK is what scientists might call a "general theory"; or what physicists might call a "reference frame"; or what philosopher of science might call a "paradigm". They are all approximately the same thing.

Of course, every practicing scientist understands what VA is aluding to, even though he is using a non-standard term/acronym of his own making.

Of course, every non-practitioner (e.g an idiot philosopher such as YOU) can't make the connection because you couldn't figure out what common terminology/concepts an FSK is synonymous with despite VA's elaborate qualitative description.
fuck off sock puppet.

FSK as a abbreviation is taken.

It means Frequency-Shift Keying.

FSK, in the most basic case, represents a 1 (a mark) by one frequency and a 0 (a space) by another. These frequencies lie within the bandwidth of the transmission channel.

On a V.21, 300 bps, full-duplex modem the originator modem uses the frequency 980 Hz to represent a mark and 1180 Hz a space. The answering modem transmits with 1650 Hz for a mark and 1850 Hz for a space. The four frequencies allow the caller originator and the answering modem to communicate at the same time; that is, full-duplex communication.

FSK modems are inefficient in their use of bandwidth, with the result that the maximum data rate over normal telephone lines is 1800 bps. Typically, for rates over 1200 bps, other modulation schemes are used.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:48 pm fuck off sock puppet.

FSK as a abbreviation is taken.

It means Frequency-Shift Keying
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This dumb motherfucker is utterly incapable of navigating homonyms; or infering proximate meaning from context. VA has been spamming the forum with qualitative description of his FSK and you think he's talking about frequency modulation? Fuck! You are really dumb.

What do you do when the dictionary has multiple definitions for the same word? Does your brain start emitting frequency modulated smoke signals?

You should call the Police and inform them them of all these criminals re-using the FSK acronym.

https://www.acronymfinder.com/FSK.html

The person using the term that's confusing you is literally interacting with you, you fucking cretin. Why are you consulting Google instead of getting the answer straight from the horse's mouth?
Last edited by Skepdick on Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Who u callin a homonym, pal?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:05 pm
You should call the Police and inform them them of all these criminals re-using the FSK acronym.

Tosser - you scored an own gaol! :D :D

Gosh and not one of them has anything to do with a scientific framework, or whatever bullshit VA and his sock puppet SkepDICK pretend it means!

:D :D :D :D

BTW It is an abbreviation not an acronym. A common enough mistake amongst the uneducated.

If you call it s "Fisk" or "fusk" or "fosk". it would be an acronnym.

Please edicate yourself
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:00 pm

Gosh and not one of them has anything to do with a scientific framework, or whatever bullshit VA and his sock puppet SkepDICK pretend it means!

BTW It is an abbreviation not an acronym. A common enough mistake amongst the uneducated.

Please edicate yourself
Fuuuck. You are dumb.Even when you are "correcting" me you are still incorrect!

acronym
/ˈakrənɪm/
noun
an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA )

You don't have to abbreviate the "and" and "of".

ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. It's not ASCfII.
NASA stands for "National Aeronautics and Space Administration". It's not NAaSA.
OPEC stands for Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries. It's not OoPEC.

Framework and System of Knowledge.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:16 pm

Please edicate yourself

acronym
/ˈakrənɪm/
noun
an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA )

ASCII stands for American Standard Code for Information Interchange. It's not ASCfII.
NASA stands for "National Aeronautics and Space Administration". It's not NAaSA.

Think about this moron.
RADAR an NASA are acronyms. Because the component letters make a world sound.
That is the meaning of acronym.
You are stupid and are missing the point.
FSK dos not make a word sound so is not an acronym. It is pronounced F S K.
You could have looked it up and save the ridicule but you are too stupid even for that.
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 am
tillingborn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:59 am So you keep presenting arguments for why presenting arguments is a dumb sport.
I am at a loss for words on how else to express to you the fact that I don't engage in the activity of "presenting arguments'; or the sport of "arguing", but I guess Bertrand Russel was right...
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. --Bertrand Russel
Can you tell me the difference between explaining, as in:
Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:29 am...I have to keep explaining to you why arguing is a dumb sport...
and presenting an argument?
Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:27 am
tillingborn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:59 am Very unlikely if you can't or won't present an argument for why I should think so.
OK. Lets try this. I'll translate into your language.

It seems to me like you are asking me to dumb down my deep technical insight into a language you can understand.
It seems to me you are asking me to adopt your language (and the practice) of "presenting arguments" otherwise you won't be able to understand me.

Am I understanding your correctly?
Surprisingly not for such a clever man. No, my issue is that if you just assert something, your "deep technical insight" for example, without providing evidence, or an argument, you are asking that I take it on trust. One of the functions of philosophy is to challenge precisely that. I think your issue with "dumb philosophers" is that we know bollocks when we see it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:50 pm

Please edicate yourself

acronym
/ˈakrənɪm/
noun

Think about this moron.
You could have looked it up and save the ridicule but you are too stupid even for that.
Idiot. You are welcome to make whatever sound you want when pronouncing FSK.

There's plenty words in English which contain no vowels. I am sure you'll manage.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:56 pm Can you tell me the difference between explaining ...and presenting an argument?
Sure. One works forward. One works backwards.

Presenting arguments is a philosophical ritual. You start with "true premises" and deduce conclusions. You follow the rules. You avoid logical fallacies and all other traditional crap.

Presenting an explanations is what scientists do. You start with true conclusions and work your way back to some sufficient premises. You consruct some system; you make up the inference rules as you go along; you invent whatever you need to invent and then you use induction to generate the universe. You use this conceptual system to explain some obvious/observable phenomenon.

Explanations need not correspond to reality (however the fuck one determines correspondence). Explanations only need to make correct predictions.
tillingborn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:56 pm Surprisingly not for such a clever man. No, my issue is that if you just assert something, your "deep technical insight" for example, without providing evidence, or an argument, you are asking that I take it on trust.
So you don't even understand that I am understanding you. So weird!

I haven't asked you to trust me. I have simply given you an explanation which happens to be trivial technical insight for anybody familiar with the liar's paradox and its variants.

"This sentence is false" is the same sort of paradox as "This color is blue."; and it's the exact same problem as "The perception typing this sentence is (un?)mediated".

You lack the background knowledge so you can't understand my explanation about self-evaluation, so you are asking me to present you with "arguments and evidence".

And now I have to translate my explanation into something you can understand. Because you don't understand how self-evaluation causes contradiction.
tillingborn wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:56 pm One of the functions of philosophy is to challenge precisely that. I think your issue with "dumb philosophers" is that we know bollocks when we see it.
No. My issue with dumb philsophers is that they call "bollocks" even for things that are way beyond their technical know-how. You simply lack the background knowledge necessary to make the leap.

So not only is your bollocks... bollocks, now I also have to find a way convince you that you are in fact as stupid as I say you are. Without triggering you.

You don't understand (un)ndecidability and its implication about human decision-making. Like the decision that something is "bollocks".
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:32 pm

acronym
/ˈakrənɪm/
noun

Think about this moron.

There's plenty words in English which contain no vowels. I am sure you'll manage.
Name three!
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Think about this moron.

Name three!
You can google "FSK" but you can't google "English words without vowels" ?

Even your stupid is inconsistent.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:54 pm

Name three!

You can't find FSK though can you?
Because of all the FSK abbreviations, none of them are relevant here, its just a figment of your imagination
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 pm

Name three!

Because of all the FSK abbreviations, none of them are relevant here, its just a figment of your imagination
Your level of stupidity is a new kind of infinity
fsk.png
fsk.png (31.49 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:10 pm

Name three!

You are so stupid.
Do you understand how Lexicographers include words into their dictionaries or how abbreviations are recognized.
The criteria is purely based on how popular the words or abbreviations are used, and all the usage of words has to start with one person until more and more people used it.

Firstly I have been using the term Framework and System of Knowledge, and to be effective in writing it is only naturally that I used the term FSK instead of typing out all the words.

You are really a bastard, intellectually.
If you see anyone using an abbreviation, it is a proper intellectual protocol to ask what the abbreviation represent if you are new to it.

You are an ignorant bastard, if you are really well read, you would have noted the term 'framework' and 'system' of knowledge is used very commonly within the intellectual and academic community.
Re google; word are in " "
"framework of knowledge" produce 45,100,000 hits.
"system of knowledge" produced 69,000,000
For you to have engaged in so many posts in this 'ABC' issue is really stupidity and idiotic.

You are SO stupid and idiotic!
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Why is anything objective, assuming there is anything objective? Like I tried to convey, we may be barking up the wrong tree, but fact, as we all know, is stranger than fiction.