I want to talk to God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: I want to talk to God

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:00 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:53 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm
I can explain it to you.
GO AHEAD, EXPLAIN 'it'. But, EXPLAIN what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, FIRST.
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I can't "understand it for you."
Until 'we' KNOW what 'it' IS, EXACTLY, here FIRST, 'we' could NEVER understand 'it'.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:00 pm I'll be surprised if IC answers you, Age.
If I'm not mistaken I think he has indicated that he has you on ignore.
Yes, but like the "others" they can NOT help "themselves" and end up reading what I write sometimes, and then replying. But ONLY when they think they have some 'thing' to PROVE or POINT OUT. But NEVER to just QUESTION NOR CHALLENGE me.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:00 pm But maybe my quoting your post will allow him to see it.
Good idea.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:00 pm Of course, even then there's no guarantee he'll answer.
I am NOT even expecting "immanuel can" to answer this ANOTHER CLARIFYING QUESTION. I doubt, VERY MUCH, "immanuel can" EVEN COULD.

But while 'you' are here "garry childress", do 'you' KNOW what the 'it' word here is in relation to, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm Let the result be what it is.
Why? What if it's a result I don't like? Or one I can't stomach?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:12 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:02 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:50 am

Well, I honestly don't know what to say to God. I just want the woman I love to reciprocate in love for me.
If this is REALLY what you WANT, then WHY did you come here asking for advice on where or how to summon God? Would it not have been better to ask advice on where or how to summon 'that girl' and get her to reciprocate in 'love', which you seem to so DESPERATELY WANT here?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I also want God to solve her own troubles in a way that will be favorable to her so that she isn't troubled.
So, out of the BILLIONS of adult woman there are alive WHY, EXACTLY, do you WANT 'this woman'?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I don't know how to say that to God without coming off as demanding.
Well let us START.

WHAT are 'her' supposed 'troubles' here?

COULD some of 'them' be that 'she' does NOT 'love' you like you 'love' 'her'?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm I have nothing to offer God in return for those favors.
What about ABSOLUTE and TOTAL Honesty? Could you offer this?
Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:55 pm And because I'm angry and bitter, I can't find it in my heart to ask God for those things in a nice way. So I'm stuck.
If this is what you SAY and BELIEVE is true, then this MUST BE THE TRUTH, right?
Are you God, Age? If not, then I suspect it will be of little use for me to answer your questions.
Asking 'me' if 'i' am God would be like talking to a dog and asking 'it', Are you a human being or "garry childress"? It is just ABSURD.

To KNOW God is to KNOW to NOT ask a labelled one, 'Are you God?'.

Also, 'you' seem to have CLEARLY MISSED the POINT I was MAKING here. That is; by answering ALL questions Honestly, then you will FIND and DISCOVER what thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things' IS, EXACTLY. Which, OBVIOUSLY, can be of 'LOT USE'.

Also, WHY are you UNDER some sort of ILLUSION that ONLY answering questions asked by God will be of MORE USE?

WHY do you PRESUME answering questions from ANY thing 'else' OTHER than God will be of LITTLE USE?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:12 pm If you are, then would you supply some sort of satisfactory demonstration that you are?
What would be of A 'satisfactory demonstration', to 'you', "garry childress"?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:54 pm
What you're going to find out, and it's one of the first things one finds out when one starts talking with God, is that you are not actually in control of that. The outcome, I predict, will be different from what you expect; it almost always is. But it's always better than what you had in mind, anyway.

You're going to have to give up the desire to control the outcome. You lose that to God, almost immediately. But He's much wiser than you and I are anyway, so that turns out to be good.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:43 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:35 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:21 am

I feel certain that IC is not deliberately trying to con anyone. I get the impression that he just has faith in Christ and truly is using the Bible as his guide, following it wherever it may lead him, anchored in the faith that it is a good guide and will not lead him somewhere that he would not ultimately wish to end up.
But "immanuel can" allowing "itself" to follow the bible wherever it may lead "immanuel can" would be like "garry childress" allowing the koran, written in "chinese" or some other language that you have absolutely NO idea about, to lead 'you', wherever it may lead 'you'.

There is absolutely NO use following some 'thing', which one has absolutely NO REAL UNDERSTANDING OF. "immanuel can" has NO REAL UNDERSTANDING of the bible, as PROVED IRREFUTABLY True by "immanuel can's" OWN WORDS and CLAIMS here, in this forum.
Why do you say, "IC has no real understanding of the Bible?"
BECAUSE "immanuel can" REALLY BELIEVES that God is male gendered.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:43 pm I mean, he says he does.
A LOT of 'you', human beings, say a LOT of 'things', but does that MAKE what 'you' say TRUE?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:43 pm He pulls quotes from it when he needs to prove a point.
ANY one can 'pull' 'things' from books when they 'need' to prove a point, but this does NOT mean that they have ACTUALLY PROVED that point True.

And, as another poster points out here 'pulling' quotes from A book and then stating things like, 'It MUST BE TRUE because 'it' is written in THE book', is even MORE ABSURD and MORE STUPID than it ACTUALLY SOUNDS when READ here.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:43 pm As far as my layman's eye can tell he seems to know his stuff.
And what is 'that stuff', EXACTLY?

Maybe if you provide some ACTUAL example, then we can LOOK AT and DISCUSS to WORK OUT and SEE just how 'much stuff' "immanuel can" REALLY DOES KNOW here.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:57 pm Also, WHY are you UNDER some sort of ILLUSION that ONLY answering questions asked by God will be of MORE USE?

WHY do you PRESUME answering questions from ANY thing 'else' OTHER than God will be of LITTLE USE?
Because you don't listen very well, Age. You don't even interpret what I say correctly as indicated in the passage of misinterpretation underlined above. Why should I invest an inordinate amount of time talking to you? Is there a good reason why I should? If so what is the reason?

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:50 am Well, I honestly don't know what to say to God.
Just the truth. Exactly what you say.

It's not a quid pro quo, or "deal." It's simply your willingness to open up the conversation, and to include God in your situation.
But HOW does one INCLUDE God in their situation?

Which is, more or less, back to the ORIGINAL QUESTION in this thread, which you ALREADY STATED, "He's NOT summonable" and that "God CONTROLS the agenda and timing of things".

Which, OBVIOUSLY, does NOT leave ANY room for one to INCLUDE nor EXCLUDE God.

How MANY TIMES are 'you' going to be CONTRADICTORY BEFORE 'you' can RECOGNIZE and SEE 'this' for "yourself" "immanuel can"?

Simply being willing to open up 'the conversation' and to 'include God' WILL NEVER WORK, IF, as you SAY and CLAIM, God can NOT be summoned BECAUSE God CONTROLS ALL 'things'.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm And no particular outcome is given in advance: it may be your time to find a woman, or simply your time to get some help doing work on yourself, so one day you can be the kind of person whom the kind of woman you want would want to be with. We can't say that in advance.

The important thing is not to let anxiety keep you from just opening up the dialogue. Let the result be what it is.
Which INCLUDES being OPEN to the Fact that there is NO God AT ALL anyway, right "immanuel can"?

Or, do 'you' ALREADY KNOW 'the result' here?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:32 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:50 am Well, I honestly don't know what to say to God.
I agree, Gary, just tell God the truth. Tell him exactly what you think of him. :evil:
God does NOT care one iota ANYWAY.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:43 pm
I agree, Gary, just tell God the truth. Tell him exactly what you think of him. :evil:
That's actually kind of right. If you have a problem with God, it's better to tell him exactly what it is.

But remember Who you're talking to. Be honest, but don't be insulting.
LOL
LOL
LOL

As IF God would care AT ALL what 'you', LITTLE human beings, SAID about 'It'.

"garry childress" INSULT AWAY as MUCH AS you LIKE. There are absolutely NO repercussions AT ALL to INSULTING God.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm Leave open the possibility that you aren't the one who knows everything.
WHY would you MAKE such as INSULTING CLAIM ABOUT "garry childress"?

If you EVER asked "garry childress" I am pretty sure that "garry childress" would NEVER say that 'it' thinks NOR BELIEVES that 'it' knows everything. And, to ASSUME otherwise is just MORE EVIDENCE of YOUR CONDESCENDING WAYS "immanuel can".

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm And be prepared to be shown wrong, as well, when your answer comes back.
This here FROM 'the one' who can NOT ACCEPT and AGREE, that God is NOT a "he".

Giving advice when NOT following the EXACT SAME advice is HYPOCRITICAL, in the EXTREME.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm You'll find that's a very important attitude to take to any conversation with God.
LOL and HOW would 'you' KNOW "immanuel can"?

Post by Age »

Now "immanuel can" should be able to answer this clarifying question VERY Correctly. After all 'it' does NOT like and can NOT 'stomach' the Factual result that God is NOT some male gendered 'Thing'.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:01 pm
What you're going to find out, and it's one of the first things one finds out when one starts talking with God, is that you are not actually in control of that. The outcome, I predict, will be different from what you expect; it almost always is.
SO, the outcome has almost ALWAYS been DIFFERENT from what you EXPECTED "immanuel can"?

If yes, then so to WILL almost ALWAYS ALL OTHER 'things' AS WELL.

But if no, then HOW do 'you' supposedly KNOW this for "garry childress"?
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:01 pm But it's always better than what you had in mind, anyway.

You're going to have to give up the desire to control the outcome. You lose that to God, almost immediately. But He's much wiser than you and I are anyway, so that turns out to be good.
So, 'you' ADMIT that a LOT of what 'you' SAY and CLAIM here "immanuel can" just could be ACTUALLY False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect, correct?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:18 pm

That's actually kind of right. If you have a problem with God, it's better to tell him exactly what it is.

LOL
LOL
LOL

"garry childress" INSULT AWAY as MUCH AS you LIKE. There are absolutely NO repercussions AT ALL to INSULTING God.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm Leave open the possibility that you aren't the one who knows everything.

If you EVER asked "garry childress" I am pretty sure that "garry childress" would NEVER say that 'it' thinks NOR BELIEVES that 'it' knows everything. And, to ASSUME otherwise is just MORE EVIDENCE of YOUR CONDESCENDING WAYS "immanuel can".

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm And be prepared to be shown wrong, as well, when your answer comes back.

Giving advice when NOT following the EXACT SAME advice is HYPOCRITICAL, in the EXTREME.
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:19 pm You'll find that's a very important attitude to take to any conversation with God.
How old are you "Age"? Serious question. I take it from hints you've dropped that you are either not an "adult human" or else not "human". if it's the former (you're not an adult human) then I'm sorry for not being a better example of adulthood. I have issues that are difficult to lock away out of sight of the young ones. I sometimes accidentally say things that parents may not approve of children hearing or sometimes just don't know what to say to children at all. Therefore I don't typically hang around children. And I have no children. I don't want to bring children into this world.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:06 pm
Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:57 pm Also, WHY are you UNDER some sort of ILLUSION that ONLY answering questions asked by God will be of MORE USE?

Because you don't listen very well, Age.
BUT 'you' ARE ANSWERING FOR 'you' "garry childress", NOT 'me'. 'you' do NOT appear to be HEARING NOR LISTENING to what I am SAYING and POINTING OUT.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:06 pm You don't even interpret what I say correctly as indicated in the passage of misinterpretation underlined above.
UNTIL you POINT OUT VERY CLEARLY what you PERCEIVE TO BE is the ACTUAL MISINTERPRETATION, then what you are ON ABOUT here ONLY you KNOW.

you SAID what I QUESTIONED you ABOUT, underlined. If you did NOT MEAN what you SAID, then I suggest you MEAN what you SAY and WRITE here.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:06 pm Why should I invest an inordinate amount of time talking to you? Is there a good reason why I should? If so what is the reason?
Here is FURTHER PROOF of what I have been SAYING and TALKING ABOUT in relation to ANSWERING CLARIFYING QUESTIONS Honestly, and HOW the people back in the days when this was being written just seemed to NOT be able to just do this.

INSTEAD they would MISINTERPRET 'things' can then just CARRY ON on their OWN LITTLE 'worlds'.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL

How old are you "Age"? Serious question.
And one I WOULD answer, seriously, IF it had ANY BEARING on absolutely ANY thing here.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm I take it from hints you've dropped that you are either not an "adult human" or else not "human".
SO, INSTEAD of just FINDING OUT what I ACTUALLY MEANT, you DECIDED to ASSUME some 'things', FIRST, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm if it's the former (you're not an adult human) then I'm sorry for not being a better example of adulthood. I have issues that are difficult to lock away out of sight of the young ones. I sometimes accidentally say things that parents may not approve of children hearing or sometimes just don't know what to say to children at all. Therefore I don't typically hang around children. And I have no children. I don't want to bring children into this world.
Is this what you find APPROPRIATE to TELL children?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:34 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL

How old are you "Age"? Serious question.
And one I WOULD answer, seriously, IF it had ANY BEARING on absolutely ANY thing here.
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm I take it from hints you've dropped that you are either not an "adult human" or else not "human".
SO, INSTEAD of just FINDING OUT what I ACTUALLY MEANT, you DECIDED to ASSUME some 'things', FIRST, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:29 pm if it's the former (you're not an adult human) then I'm sorry for not being a better example of adulthood. I have issues that are difficult to lock away out of sight of the young ones. I sometimes accidentally say things that parents may not approve of children hearing or sometimes just don't know what to say to children at all. Therefore I don't typically hang around children. And I have no children. I don't want to bring children into this world.
Is this what you find APPROPRIATE to TELL children?
Is there something else I should tell you? Should I tell you there's a Santa Claus or that life will be just fine and dandy? What sort of things do you want me to tell you? Or would you rather I just not tell you anything?