Objective Moral Facts are Enacted FSK-Facts

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Objective Moral Facts are Enacted FSK-Facts

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Objective Moral Facts are Enacted, Embodied, Situated FSK-Facts.

Every time I had justified how FSK-conditioned Facts are objective moral facts, Peter Holmes will strawman it as follows;
Peter Holmes wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:21 pm Here's a contradiction.

1 There are facts for which there's empirical evidence, such as the existence of mirror neurons in brains. (True.)
2 There are no facts outside the ways we know about and describe them. For example, outside neuroscience, there are no mirror neurons in human brains. (False and ridiculous.)

And here's a non sequitur.

Premise: A fact exists only inside a descriptive context, such as neuroscience. (False - see the above.)
Conclusion: Therefore, any kind of description can describe a fact. (False. There are no astrological facts.)
The above is a Strawman again, that is the "10-millionth" time.

I have never asserted the following premise 2.
"2 There are no facts outside the ways we know about and describe them."

What I have been explaining to Peter Holmes ["1000s" of times] is the following;
  • As I had stated what is a FSK-Conditioned Fact comprise of the following phases;
    1. The realization of the fact via a specific FSK that entangles with the human condition.
    2. The realized FSK-conditioned-Fact is known
    3. The realized, then known fact is described in various ways.
    viewtopic.php?p=625906#p625906
Following the above, which is yesterday, I posted;
viewtopic.php?p=626127#p626127
There is no absolute atom-in-itself nor fact-in-itself, thus whatever is reality is conditioned upon human conditions.
Note it is NOT confined to what is known or described but the whole complex process of the realization of that reality where the human conditions are entangled therein.

Thus 'what is a fact' is the realization that is conditioned upon a specific FSK.
The realization [not knowing nor describing of] of the physical moral facts [not rightness or wrongness] are conditioned upon a specific moral FSK [upon a collective independent of any individual], thus objective.
Therefore morality is objective.
viewtopic.php?p=626127#p626127
Despite my very strong denial that my case of what is fact do not emerge from knowing or describing it, PH kept repeating it.
I believe PH is very blinded by his own illusory, meaningless and non-sensical 'what is fact'
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39577

There are 3 Phases of 'What is a Fact';

1. The emergence and realization of the conditional fact.
2. The knowing of the above fact
3. The description of the above fact that is known

Here are more details to my claim of what is fact, i.e. FSK-conditioned Fact.
What I am trying to convey is Objective Moral Facts are Enacted FSK-Facts; here are the details;

Note Enactivism re Cognitive Science;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enactivism#:
  • Enactivism is a position in cognitive science that argues that cognition arises through a dynamic interaction between an acting organism and its environment.[1]
    It claims that the environment of an organism is brought about, or enacted, by the active exercise of that organism's sensorimotor processes.

"The key point, then, is that the species brings forth and specifies its own domain of problems ...this domain does not exist "out there" in an environment that acts as a landing pad for organisms that somehow drop or parachute into the world. Instead, living beings and their environments stand in relation to each other through mutual specification or codetermination" (p. 198).[2]

"Organisms do not passively receive information from their environments, which they then translate into internal representations. Natural cognitive systems...participate in the generation of meaning ...engaging in transformational and not merely informational interactions: they enact a world."[3]
    These authors suggest that the increasing emphasis upon enactive terminology presages a new era in thinking about cognitive science.[3]

Also note Embodied Cognition
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embodied_cognition
  • Embodied cognition is the theory that many features of cognition, whether human or otherwise, are shaped by aspects of an organism's entire body. Sensory and motor systems are seen as fundamentally integrated with cognitive processing. The cognitive features include high-level mental constructs (such as concepts and categories) and performance on various cognitive tasks (such as reasoning or judgment). The bodily aspects involve the motor system, the perceptual system, the bodily interactions with the environment (situatedness), and the assumptions about the world built into the organism's functional structure.

The embodied mind thesis challenges other theories, such as cognitivism, computationalism, and Cartesian dualism.[1][2] It is closely related to the extended mind thesis, situated cognition, and enactivism.
    The modern version depends on insights drawn from up to date research in psychology, linguistics, cognitive science, dynamical systems, artificial intelligence, robotics, animal cognition, plant cognition, and neurobiology.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Objective Moral Facts are Enacted FSK-Facts

As a reminder,

There are 3 Phases of 'What is a FSK-Conditioned-Fact';

1. The emergence and realization of the conditional fact.
2. The knowing of the above fact
3. The description of the above fact that is known
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Objective Moral Facts are Enacted FSK-Facts

Note the sort of Venn Diagram, Here is a image of how the human conditions are entangled within the 'external' reality, i.e. there in no absolutely independent external reality.
At the ultimate [not common nor conventional sense] level, the subject and object are intertwine as one thing.
Whatever is a fact is conditioned upon a specific FSK which is intertwined [never independent of] within the supposedly external world of objects and subjects.

The embodied cognitive model of the mind under which body, world, perception and action are dynamically related with each other.

Below is an image that show the external reality is independent of the subject.

The classical Cartesian model of the mind under which body, world, perception and action are understood as independent.

This is where the world is comprised of PH's independent facts awaiting discovery by humans from a distance with a reality GAP.