Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato

Re: Does dattaswami pass the Turing Test?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:13 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:38 am Many forums have a rule against merely posting a link as the OP of a thread. But it seems to be fine here. I had hoped the mod/owner would send a little prod to not do this - I asked them to. Perhaps they did, but it didn't work, if they did.
I don't see anything wrong with that in the lounge as long as you give some clue as to the content of the video.
It looks like self-promotion to me. The links are to many Youtube videos that glorify dattaswami, himself, with his head flying around in a spinning sun.

I don't think this forum should be used as the hub for his video preaching.
I would think that in his worldview there are rules about politeness, when in Rome do as Romans, that he is breaking. I'm sure his devotees will come up with all sorts of excuses/explanations for the guru as exception and 'nothing is as important' and so on. But I think he's doing things he'd be reluctant to do if he walked into someone's philosopher's club meeting at their hall. But he's sitting somewhere in his ashram and being narcissistic is part and parcel of the culture in his set of building and property. I was sort of hoping some reminders about this, especially one coming from the owner of the site might modify his approach to doing whatever it is he is doing here.