They Don't Care

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

They Don't Care

Post by Gary Childress »

So I posted this under a POTUS tweet on Twitter:
@POTUS IIF you and your backers get us into a nuclear exchange, don't think you won't suffer too. All bets are off and the American people will hunt you all down and hang you. STOP FLIRTING WITH ARMAGEDDON!
This is the message I got when I logged in a few hours later:
They don't care
They don't care
They Don't Care.png (99.83 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
I must have upset tea and crumpets at the White House; made them spill their espressos.
promethean75

Re: They Don't Care

Post by promethean75 »

You're a goddamn renegade, Gary. But you can't threaten to hunt and hang people bro.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:24 am But you can't threaten to hunt and hang people bro.
Sorry, but anyone who plays nuclear chicken with the lives of every human being on Earth is either an outright sadist or else not paying the fuck attention at the steering wheel; in which case it behooves them to know that they will suffer with the rest of us if the shit does hit the fan. I should expect the same from the Russian people toward their boy Putin.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

but gary it's more complicated than that. biden is expected to, has to, make a public statement in response to Putin's threats... and because putin is watching CNN, biden can't be a wuss, bro. he has to play a tough guy. The situation demands it. It's basic state craft, chapter six sections two and four.

Display no tolerance for world leaders with unusually small chins who threaten to use atomic/nuclear/hydrogen weapons.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Machiavelli applies to princes, not presidents. It's the most shallow form of human interaction there is. There's nothing more weak and depraved than a man who is more concerned with looking "manly" than he is with protecting the lives of every human being on Earth.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

now how silly would you feel if biden said nuthin, Putin dropped a few low yielders on Ukraine, and when asked why he finally decided to, replies 'becuz biden wuz a wuss in the jake tapper interview and i knew he wuz too sleepy to do anything'. 
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

If you don't think the US is going to come away from this losing world trust even more if Putin is the first one to do the manly thing and back down in favor of preventing armageddon, then you haven't been paying attention to world opinion. The Russian people will take care of Putin on their own. Leave it to them. All Biden has to do is back down and let the truth-tellers do the work for him. Even Al Jazeera would be singing the praises of the US compared to that of Putin. But the Democrats need to trust humanity on this, not the almighty dollar bills of the arms industry.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

promethean75 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:45 am now how silly would you feel if biden said nuthin, Putin dropped a few low yielders on Ukraine, and when asked why he finally decided to, replies 'becuz biden wuz a wuss in the jake tapper interview and i knew he wuz too sleepy to do anything'. 
You are grossly underestimating the power of goodwill.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"The Russian people will take care of Putin on their own."

I've always believed that. i said from day one Putin's gonna piss off a lot of big russian players, and if they don't have him rubbed, the top Russian military generals would never follow through with orders to launch. what they'll do is conspire together to stop him (minus the new general guy who'd love to launch nukes u can totally tell look at that ugly angry bastard's face), have him assassinated, and claim it wuz done by the Ukrainians or the mob or the CIA or whoever.

there's too many russians with authority in those inner political and military circles that have friends, families and wives that are steady talking them out of bowing to Putin as Putin decends into desperation and  Dostoyevskyean madness.

they won't let em do it, G. I've been tryna tell Biggs this but he just gets so excited at the thought of nuclear war wiping out all the objectivists and the dawn of the new age of dasein that would follow.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"I realized this simple truth that there is no way out from the game. But luckily that realization dawned on me after I understood the game."

The goal is to end the game that doesn't win in order to play the game that does. There's no way out; but back in.

''For me at first the
explanation that
everything was a joke or
a game or an illusion or
that I am not even a
body, was unacceptable.
I was able to
understand and accept
it when I heard that "we
were all" in the Mind of
God and that all this is
His Dream or Imagination.
In this way it was much
easier for me to accept
the "his-story" that I had
to live and that "we are
all" God in essence.
So that's why there is
no way out.''

I still maintain that it is not love, compassion, humanism, or brotherly sentiments that will save mankind. No, not at all. It is the sheer terror of extinction that can save us, if anything can. Each cell of a living organism cooperates with the cell next to it. It does not need any sentiment or declarations of undying love to do so. Each cell is wise enough to know that if its neighbor goes, it also goes. The cells stick together not out of brotherhood, love, and that kind of thing, but out of the urgent drive to survive now.

It is the same with us, but only on a larger scale. Soon we will all come to know one simple thing: if I try to destroy you, I will also be destroyed. We see the superpowers of today signing arms control pacts, rushing to sign no-first-strike accords, and the like. Even the big bully boys, who have among them controlled the world's resources, no longer talk about a winnable nuclear war.

Even the arrogant, swashbuckling United States has changed its tune. It no longer talks -- as it did twenty years ago under Dulles and other cold warriors - of massive retaliation. If you read the Time magazine now, it doesn't talk about the United States as the mightiest, the richest, the most powerful, and the most invincible of all nations. It refers to it as "one of the superpowers."

Excerpts taken from book: No Way Out.