Teen Shot Dead By Police Officer

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

chaz wyman

Re: Teen Shot Dead By Police Officer

Post by chaz wyman »

Gustaf wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Get a life
I take it you were a gym teacher?

No, even gym teachers are capable of better argument than that. Must have been a substitute gym teacher.

Actually I have a PhD in Ancient History, an MA in Intellectual History and a Post grad qualification in IT teaching.
Telling you to get a life is a heart felt piece of advice to a brain dead moron.
I suggest you take it.
Gustaf

Post by Gustaf »

chaz wyman wrote:Actually I have a PhD in Ancient History, an MA in Intellectual History and a Post grad qualification in IT teaching.
And I am the Queen of Sweden.
Telling you to get a life is a heart felt piece of advice to a brain dead moron.
You definitely sound like a teacher there. I have no trouble believing that part.

When running out of rational responses to an argument - a common occurence - teachers typically resort to verbal abuse.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Gustaf wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:Actually I have a PhD in Ancient History, an MA in Intellectual History and a Post grad qualification in IT teaching.

Is that a gay thing?
You definitely sound like a teacher there. I have no trouble believing that part.

When running out of rational responses to an argument - a common occurence - teachers typically resort to verbal abuse.
Gustaf

Post by Gustaf »

chaz wyman wrote:
Gustaf wrote:

Is that a gay thing?
With all your PhD's you could not think of a better comeback?

What are you going to do next, racial slurs?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Is that a gay thing?[/quote]

With all your PhD's you could not think of a better comeback?

Clearly you don't know what a PhD is! LOL I have one. You only need one. Very few people have more than one.

What are you going to do next, racial slurs?

If that's what you enjoy! I suppose you think you are German with that name?
Gustaf

Post by Gustaf »

chaz wyman wrote:Clearly you don't know what a PhD is! LOL I have one. You only need one. Very few people have more than one.
There is this thing called 'sarcasm'. I suppose they do not teach it to substitute gym teachers.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

The passions are the seeds of vices as well as of virtues, from which either may spring, accordingly as they are nurtured. Unhappy they who have never been taught the art to govern them!
Ann Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1764

Conquer thyself, till thou has done this, thou art but a slave; for it is almost as well to be subjected to another's appetite as to thine own.
Sir Richard Francis Burton
British explorer & orientalist (1821 - 1890)

It is evident that Joey Carl was a slave to his anger. He may also have been a slave to chemicals. He probably is better off dead (non-existence) than being alive and living as an unhappy slave.

And the community is certainly better off without his harmful presence
John

Post by John »

tbieter wrote: It is evident that Joey Carl was a slave to his anger. He may also have been a slave to chemicals. He probably is better off dead (non-existence) than being alive and living as an unhappy slave.

Did you do much defence work as a lawyer?

Shocking attitude to say that a teen with issues is better off dead.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:The passions are the seeds of vices as well as of virtues, from which either may spring, accordingly as they are nurtured. Unhappy they who have never been taught the art to govern them!
Ann Radcliffe, The Mysteries of Udolpho, 1764

Conquer thyself, till thou has done this, thou art but a slave; for it is almost as well to be subjected to another's appetite as to thine own.
Sir Richard Francis Burton
British explorer & orientalist (1821 - 1890)

It is evident that Joey Carl was a slave to his anger. He may also have been a slave to chemicals. He probably is better off dead (non-existence) than being alive and living as an unhappy slave.

You are a pretty sick individual.

tbieter

Post by tbieter »

It occurred to me while walking my dog this morning that this incident may be a "suicide by cop" incident. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
John

Post by John »

tbieter wrote:It occurred to me while walking my dog this morning that this incident may be a "suicide by cop" incident. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
And you think that such people are better off dead?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

tbieter wrote:It occurred to me while walking my dog this morning that this incident may be a "suicide by cop" incident. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop
This sounds like there are elements of convenience for the trigger happy forces to use this one as an excuse.
It's a bit more difficult with British cops. " well he just ran into my fist then, threw himself to the floor and pulled my boot towards his head!!"
I doubt whether there are many REAL suicide by cop incidents, but if there are then that is even more reason for cops to take more care and promote the use of non lethal defences such as Taser.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

John wrote:
And you think that such people are better off dead?
I have just been trying to analyze this unusual event, to arrive at an adequate explanation.

Does not the act of suicide, in itself, imply that the actor thinks or feels that a state of non-existence is preferable to his current state of existence?
John

Post by John »

There's no evidence that suicide was the desired intention so you're attributing desires and wants when you have no right to do so.

You said that Joey "probably is better off dead (non-existence)" and I'm afraid that makes you a pretty callous bastard no matter how you want to wrap it up in analysis of the situation.
tbieter

Post by tbieter »

John wrote:There's no evidence that suicide was the desired intention so you're attributing desires and wants when you have no right to do so.

I assume that Joey knew the cop had a weapon. When the cop arrived on the scene, he was attacked by Joey. The cop backed the car up (retreated). Joey pursued him. Joey went to the driver's side of the car and tried to break the window. The officer then shot him in self-defense. From these facts, one could infer that Joey wanted the cop to shoot him.

You said that Joey "probably is better off dead (non-existence)" and I'm afraid that makes you a pretty callous bastard no matter how you want to wrap it up in analysis of the situation.
Patrick Henry said "Give me liberty, or give me death". Some people would prefer death to slavery. I repeat: Does not the act of suicide, in itself, imply that the actor thinks or feels that a state of non-existence is preferable to his current state of existence?