American Marxism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: American Marxism

Post by henry quirk »

Please do consider the idea of significant others such as parent, priest, school teacher, peer group leader.

kids grow up, students graduate, not everyone is christian, many are peerless
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:50 am Please do consider the idea of significant others such as parent, priest, school teacher, peer group leader.

kids grow up, students graduate, not everyone is christian, many are peerless
But Henry you had formative years when you had no choice other than to learn from significant others. Perhaps you have diverged from what you learned and were taught as a child. Some people during their lives do change for better or for worse, others are less dynamic.

Religions are largely for ensuring that traditional values are taught by significant others, and maintained during adulthood with the help of spiritual fellowship.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

But Henry you had formative years when you had no choice other than to learn from significant others.

and I grew up

now I self-direct, am self-responsble, am self-reliant

in the context of the earlier part of our conversation: I have no need of bosses (no one does)

Perhaps you have diverged from what you learned and were taught as a child.

everyone does

you did too

Some people during their lives do change for better or for worse, others are less dynamic.

even the timid and weak grow

Religions are largely for ensuring that traditional values are taught by significant others, and maintained during adulthood with the help of spiritual fellowship.

no doubt that's part of it
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

You are the 1%.

You, the spoiled, middle-class American crabbing for Marxism.

If you make $30,000 a year, then on a world average, you are in the 1% of the world's rich.

You say, "Well, lots of people make more than me, and I'm envious of that, so they owe me."

Really? Are you prepared to honour the claim of the world's 99% against you?

If you're not, if you say, "They don't matter," then on what basis do you think you have any claim against people who make more than you do? If you can tell the world to "Go to Hell," why can't those richer then you say exactly the same to you?

In 2019, the median American household income was $68,703, and the average real wage in 2019 in the US was $65,836 -- both more than twice that of the world's 1% of the rich.

Americans are the world's 1%.

So on what moral grounds would any American ever be a Marxist? Because if they agree that it's a moral imperative to share the wealth, and if we accept that all people deserve equal, then their income would be vaporized by the claims of the rest of the world.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Uh oh he's googling numbers now. While you're at it, find out what percentage of Americans are in medical debt and how many have defaulted. Look for debts on auto loans, mortgages, school tuition, credit cards, etc. Find out what percentage of Americans live check to check... and not just because their rent is so outrageous. Find out what the median bank account balance is for American households. Next, look at how low the census bureau set the poverty level so you wonder no longer why it appears everyone is doing so fabulous in America; when you set the bar so low, of course it looks like everything is great. Then remember that on top of all this nonsense, the average work week is fourty plus hours.

"You, the spoiled, middle-class American crabbing for Marxism."

Hahaha this guy called me 'spoiled'. Holy fuck if you only knew.

"You say, "Well, lots of people make more than me, and I'm envious of that, so they owe me."

That not the proper attitude. A worker's concern should be only about another person profiting from his labor... not how much a person makes from their own labor. Your distorted understanding here is further complimented by this confusion:

"Because if they agree that it's a moral imperative to share the wealth, and if we accept that all people deserve equal..."

Marx/Engels never claimed that 'all should get equal pay' or that 'everyone is equal'. In fact, they explicitly argued against that very notion in great detail.

Siriusly, you have to unscrew your head, take it off, turn it upside down, and dump out everything you've ever picked up or been taught about Marxism.

You have to stop watching CNN, Faux news, Yawn Hannity, Alex Jones, et al. Stop paying any attention to the soft social democrats. Forget about the black Panthers, BLM, cross dressing queers, smash n' grabbers, gender neutral pronouns, abortion activists, mask mandates, incels, antifa, and anything else on the 'left' you associate with Marxism.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

"even the timid and weak grow".

Not a lot! Love is brave and adventurous and full of learning.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Skepdick wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:46 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:44 pm American Marxism
by Mark R. Levin

Check it out.

He proves that a Marxist revolution is in process, American style.
Marx once said "The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.".

If anybody who wants to change the world is a Marxist, then I don't think I have ever met any non-Marxists.
Good response. That's worthy of a signature. Now you'll have to reveal to us who you are to keep the credit! :lol:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"If anybody who wants to change the world is a Marxist, then I don't think I have ever met any non-Marxists."

Would you believe that once primitive societies evolved in size and complexity and began to accumulate surplus stock, new divisions of labor occured, creating two new additional major classes who's function in society was essentially regulation and legislation... a new kind of 'job' that was different from commodity production jobs... and that these people didn't want to change anything? Now you have the priest class and the politician class, and these two worked together to secure their stations above the common laborers as well as their control of property.

Out of these two parasitic classes emerged a kind of hybrid of the two. The philosopher. His role was to produce ideology that would serve to keep the working classes under control so that the ruling parasite class wouldn't be threatened by them. For this they invented religion and metaphysics. Plato was the first to do this on such a grand scale... and the fundamentals of his philosophy continue today, doing the same thing they've always done; putting fear, impractical hope/faith, and moral obligation into the minds of the working class.

So, in fact, the world as it exists today is the historical tail-end of a kind of intellectual subterfuge that began thousands of years ago for the sole purpose of securing property and power for a parasitic leisure class, the aristocrat. You might as well say that history was hi-jacked. And this rabbit hole is deeper than you can possibly imagine, my niggas.

Here's a crash course on all this which you won't read: https://www.anti-dialectics.co.uk/Rest_ ... Twelve.htm
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:25 am Uh oh he's googling numbers now.
Great. Let's see you dispute them.

Are Americans not in the world's 1% of the rich? Prove they're not, because I've already showed they are.

So what's your next possible dodge...let's see...Okay, can you show that the 1% of rich Americans owe the other Americans their money, but that the rest of America doesn't owe the world anything? Let's see how you'd do that.

And if you can't do either, then an American Marxist is advocating for his own money to be taken away and redistributed to the rest of the world.

By any metric, the American Marxist is advocating we all go far below the poverty line. And that includes everybody who lives in colder climes, like Minnesota or Oregon or Maine or the entire countries of Canada, Sweden and Russia. Each of these people would have just over $10,000 per year for food, clothing, housing, medicine, transportation, heating and cooling, education and all other essentials....and that's only if EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD GIVES UP EVERY CENT THEY HAVE. :shock:

Good luck, American Marxists: you're going to need it.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Oh no doubt that capitalism was a revolutionary force that spread wealth like wild fire throughout advanced economies. Even ur boy Marx was the first to admit it. But it's time to move forward, sir, and excise those features of society that contribute nothing to the chain of production/distribution, while amassing considerable wealth by doing that nothing. Like that doesn't even make sense, bruh.

Take yer boy bezos. His job is to make sure his name remains on the company property deed/title, and take a cut of the profits for moving that pen with his hand. For this he has 'earned' billions (enough to modernize a third world country), while his employees actually do all the work that brings in the profit.

As a thought experiment, let's seize bezos' money, distribute it among his employees, and give them collective ownership of the Amazon company. How much better off would the lives of hundreds of thousands of workers be if we did just that?

Forget about the constitution, the law, and property rights for a second... and remember all that shit was made up by people, not 'god', not some transcendental a priori kantian deontological imperative, or even the laws of physics. Think of it all as a collection of memes that have persisted for centuries, but which aren't entitled to exist by virtue of themselves and this 'self evident truths' crap. The whole shmeal was made up by ordinary Joes like you 'n me.

So what's to stop anybody from changing it? A few complaints by the wealthiest property owners in the world? Naw bruh you philosophers gotta come up with somthin better than that cuz we ain't tryna hear that nonsense no more.

Lol and I'm not even a wage earner. I do my own thang. But I got mad luv for the working class cuz I wuz with em for 20+ years.

p.s. mark Levin is a putz who knows diddly about Marxism.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Pro,

So: an individual's right to his life, liberty, property, these are just persistent memes which ought be jettisoned in favor of a system of production/distribution thru which all contribute and benefit equally, yeah?

If so: will I actually have to become an ant or will I just behave like one?

I do my own thang.

Me too. In the Ant Hill: would we be allowed to?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Hold on Quirk I'm eating three over-priced cheddar melts at a badly managed Arby's. Imma holla atcha tho.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:47 pm Oh no doubt that...
Are you actually going to address the issue and dispute the statistics?

Or do you concede that they're all true, and just ignore them?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Hold on IC I'm eating one and one half over-priced cheddar melts at a badly managed Arby's. Imma holla atcha tho.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:32 pm Imma holla atcha tho.
Ah-ight.