Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

mickthinks

Re: Vaccine Passports are Systemically Racist?

Post by mickthinks »

Sorry, you're wrong.
No, you're wrong and that's because you don't care.

... transmission is still happening among those who are vaccinated
This is not a lie. It's true. Does that confuse you? Because it shouldn't.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:02 pm

Sorry, you're wrong.

Saying you are wrong is an absolute truth. Nothing wrong with wrong. It is what it is, let it be IC

Stop trying to play God, when God is already being played. You're sounding like a worn out record. I know you love to get you're groove on. You're the biggest player in town...I just can't get enough of your love baby...oooh oooh yeah.

OOh OOH oooh I wanna be like you ooh oooh, i wanna walk like you, talk like you, ooooh oooh

I'm just too sexy for my shirt. I wanna get a peek up my skirt to see who is holding me down. Please don't bring me down, down down down down....
Last edited by Dontaskme on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 pm Countries with low vaccination rates and high death rates are getting herd immunity. What a surprise :roll:
And what perceptage of the population died acquiring it?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:44 pm Countries with low vaccination rates and high death rates are getting herd immunity. What a surprise :roll:
And what perceptage of the population died acquiring it?
Just stating a fact. If you have a problem with facts then fuck off.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

mickthinks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 pm Sorry, you're wrong.
No, you're wrong and that's because you don't care.
Oh? So you think people who are vaccinated can't transmit the virus, do you?

Do you wear a mask? Do you social distance? Do you avoid unvaccinated people? Do you report yourself for contact tracing?

Why? You're immune, you think. Don't you believe what you say? Then why are you acting as if you don't?

Except, of course, that all the vaxxers disagree with you. They think you're still a transmitter, even after you're vaccinated.

Here is an article on that from The Lancet, one of the most highly acclaimed medical publications:

"Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts."

Here's John's Hopkins, of which you surely must have heard, if you know anything about medicine:

"The new data says that a fully vaccinated person who experiences a breakthrough infection can spread the virus just as much as an unvaccinated person."

So these leading medical experts want us to believe that vaccinated people are transmitters. But you say they're lying?

Tell me: why are they doing that?

And what would passports do, since, as you say, nobody vaccinated is a transmitter anyway?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

The vaccinations do not prevent the spreading of COVID 19.

the cake, I mean, vaccine is a lie
vegetariantaxidermy

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:09 am The vaccinations do not prevent the spreading of COVID 19.

the cake, I mean, vaccine is a lie
Are you really that stupid? It doesn't matter how much it spreads, it's how sick you get with it that counts.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 am It doesn't matter how much it spreads, it's how sick you get with it that counts.
How do vaccine passports help? You can get sick from the vaccinated AND the unvaccinated.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:03 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:42 am It doesn't matter how much it spreads, it's how sick you get with it that counts.
How do vaccine passports help? You can get sick from the vaccinated AND the unvaccinated.
To 'encourage' people to get the vaccine, so they don't inconvenience others by filling up ICUs?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:22 am
To 'encourage' people to get the vaccine, so they don't inconvenience others by filling up ICUs?
Presumably it's coercive for some purpose.

I don't think it has anything to do with health, though. It looks like a way of getting people to accept being traced as they move around in their home country...to get them to give up their freedoms of movement, finances and association, under the pretext of "public health." This much we know: it will neither stop nor deter the spreading of COVID 19. Indeed, it's likely to increase transmission, because it allows vaccinated people to congregate and thus to transmit.

In any case, if minorities, the poor, migrants, minority objectors and the "oppressed" are less likely to be vaccinated, then a passport disproportionately targets them...exactly Kendi's definition of "systemic racism."
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:22 am
Presumably it's coercive for some purpose.

I don't think it has anything to do with health, though. It looks like a way of getting people to accept being traced as they move around in their home country...to get them to give up their freedoms of movement, finances and association, under the pretext of "public health." This much we know: it will neither stop nor deter the spreading of COVID 19. Indeed, it's likely to increase transmission, because it allows vaccinated people to congregate and thus to transmit.

In any case, if minorities, the poor, migrants, minority objectors and the "oppressed" are less likely to be vaccinated, then a passport disproportionately targets them...exactly Kendi's definition of "systemic racism."
Here the vaccine is free for everyone. I'm sure you can be 'traced' every time you use a credit/debit card anyway, or those cards that give you discounts. We are all 'traced', all the time, and spied on. It's just the way society has evolved. I'm pretty sure there is no 'evil conspiracy' here. If ICUs are over run with unvaccinated covid sufferers then there's no room for anyone else.
It's not hard to see how the vaccine works, when you look at the percentage of people with covid in hospital who are unvaccinated. Here, the vaccination rate is close to 90 percent, while pretty much all the people in hospital with covid are either unvaccinated, or have only had one dose.
In theory it's a brilliant vaccine because you can, and will, still catch the virus at some point, but it allows you to catch it without getting very sick, which in turn gives you extra immunity.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 am We are all 'traced', all the time, and spied on. It's just the way society has evolved. I'm pretty sure there is no 'evil conspiracy' here. If ICUs are over run with unvaccinated covid sufferers then there's no room for anyone else.
Yeah. That's what they said. But it didn't happen. Where I live, they actually built an elaborate adjunct to the hospital, to house the many expected cases. It remained entirely unused. All cases were handled within existing facilities.

And you're right that various marketers and so forth have recently been doing all kinds of snooping, and recording of our habits. But we forget how new that is, and how casually we accepted it. What's new now is that a) it's all be centralized into one thing, and b) it's all going through the government.

George Orwell had it right. Eventually, Big Brother's going to have a handle on everything. God help us all.

In any case, the impact is certainly going to be unevenly spread in society, with marginalized communities suffering more from the coercive tactics than those from wealthy, privileged areas. So according to the patter about "systemic racism," that would be systemically racist.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:04 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 am We are all 'traced', all the time, and spied on. It's just the way society has evolved. I'm pretty sure there is no 'evil conspiracy' here. If ICUs are over run with unvaccinated covid sufferers then there's no room for anyone else.
Yeah. That's what they said. But it didn't happen. Where I live, they actually built an elaborate adjunct to the hospital, to house the many expected cases. It remained entirely unused. All cases were handled within existing facilities.

And you're right that various marketers and so forth have recently been doing all kinds of snooping, and recording of our habits. But we forget how new that is, and how casually we accepted it. What's new now is that a) it's all be centralized into one thing, and b) it's all going through the government.

George Orwell had it right. Eventually, Big Brother's going to have a handle on everything. God help us all.

In any case, the impact is certainly going to be unevenly spread in society, with marginalized communities suffering more from the coercive tactics than those from wealthy, privileged areas. So according to the patter about "systemic racism," that would be systemically racist.
What does 'marginalized' even mean? Who are these people?
And just because those extra facilities haven't been needed (so far) doesn't indicate a conspiracy. It's merely a case of 'better safe then sorry' I suppose.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:34 am Oh? So you think people who are vaccinated can't transmit the virus, do you?
Er ... what part of:
mickthinks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 pmThis is not a lie. It's true.
did you not understand, Einstein?
Last edited by mickthinks on Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Passports are a symbol of the sickness, that is the human mind, the mind of the born. (Knowledge)

There's no cure for being born :shock: The lord god almighty invented 'eternal life' you know, that life you and your cults are constantly striving for, and now you are complaining about it? I mean give me a break, too much sugar makes you sick, there's no just no please in you, is there. :shock:

Wake up and smell the coffee, just go easy on the sugar...

More dharma drama for you... :wink: I know you dont like drama, even though you pray for an eternity full of it. 8)

Oh, IC, you are so confused, you poor thing.