Healthcare Workers should be Fired

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Healthcare Workers should be Fired

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:08 pm Henry, when you are as clever as the best scientists then you will be justified in being pig-headed.
When scientists become the finer clay, incorruptible and perfect, mebbe I'll retire my skepticism.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:56 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:08 pm Henry, when you are as clever as the best scientists then you will be justified in being pig-headed.
When scientists become the finer clay, incorruptible and perfect, mebbe I'll retire my skepticism.
Until that day dawns you can choose to agree with scientists not charlatans.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 pm
Until that day dawns you can choose to agree with scientists not charlatans.
Nope. I'll just keep bein' suspicious of all of 'em.

There is no trust, but verify: there's only question, and question again.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Ignorance isn't 'scepticism'. Sceptics question, use critical thinking, and learn....
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 pm Nope. I'll just keep bein' suspicious of all of 'em.

Fresh out the meme oven!
skepticism.png
skepticism.png (110.95 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:06 pm Fresh out the meme oven!
Careful, Ringo: some busybody might report you for intemperance, hostility, and misinformation.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm
Ignorance isn't 'scepticism'. Sceptics question, use critical thinking, and learn....
Yeah, I know...
henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 pm Nope. I'll just keep bein' suspicious of all of 'em.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:32 pm
Until that day dawns you can choose to agree with *scientists not **charlatans.
*Which scientists, B?

Name one, just one.

**Which charlatans, B?

Name one, just one.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I agree.

Scientists can't measure the infinite regress problem, so the truth of all their findings are based on collective consensus, belief, bias, and assumption. Trust no one. And always be yourself. Henry knows what he is talking about. :lol:

This is not a wind-up, it's coming as a genuine thought.

I had my two jabs that were required of me, only because I can't be bothered with the hassle that is fired toward the unjabbed.

As for having my 3rd booster jab, that's where I draw the line, no one will make me cross that line, no one. I'm having no more flu jabs. Never.

If nature wants us dead, then nothing we can do about that, except prolong death until a later date. So on that note, I'm out.

We're all going to die anyway, just accept it, and live each day like it's your last.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ultimately, people can choose the life they want to live.

I have blood relatives who live in Norway, If one of them dies, and I need 3 jabs to get on a plane to attend their funeral, then I'm bacically up the creek. Sad news and good news really, because the dead person won't even be aware that I did not attend their funeral so it doesn't really matter. But the sad news is that I will be judged for not attending. Fortunately, I will not be affected by someone elses judgment. And that's what humanity does to you, it judges you, until you wake up from the whole sordid pretence.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:18 am
We're all going to die anyway, just accept it, and live each day like it's your last.
Yes, but I’d rather not die on a vent or gasping for air.
JackWhite

Post by JackWhite »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:32 pm
JackWhite wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:31 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:20 pm

No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Of course, it is. But there is a reality which you can't deny. And reality says that to be vaccinated is a safe way to exist right now :D
I think, when it's all said and done, you'll find out it was just the opposite.
Time will show who is right and who is not. Still it's very interesting topic to discuss :)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

What are the odds that the conspiracists are right and the scientists are wrong? According to the chances, who should you believe?
JackWhite

Post by JackWhite »

commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:58 pm
JackWhite wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:31 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:20 pm

No. It's clear a man's self-possession isn't up for negotiation or dismissal even in the midst of a pandemic (which we are not).

To be jabbed or not: that's the call of the individual, not the State or the society.
Of course, it is. But there is a reality which you can't deny. And reality says that to be vaccinated is a safe way to exist right now :D
People like Henry Quirk live in a different reality, one where the majority of experiencers of the world are not vaccinated, because they believe that the State has not the right to interfere with their individual ownness.

Reality may be described as whatever the majority of experiencers agree on. The majority in the US is vaccinated, because they believe vaccination is the best option. The reality is that the State v individuals is a political matter and has nothing to do with a health matter.

People like that one cannot accept the reality of the majority. They cannot accept reality. They are out of touch with reality. There’s a medical name for that situation: psychopathy.

Those who are like that believe that the majority is out of touch with reality. They boldly present straw man arguments, false dichotomies and boldface denials of what the majority of others recognize as reality.

They cannot be protected from themselves.
I fully agree with you. Here we can only talk and discuss this topic but there is no way to think instead of people. As I said time will show who is right :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

commonsense wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:53 pm What are the odds that the *conspiracists are right and the **scientists are wrong? According to the chances, who should you believe?
*Which conspiracists?

Name one, just one.

**Which scientists?

Name one, just one.