Imperefct God

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Imperefct God

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:09 pm
Well written post; it makes excellent sense. I think of these kinds of brains which feed only on belief as having reached its maximum mental state of equilibrium in which there is nothing more to be had, devoid of the energy required to make and keep thought dynamic. It's a condition where even the factual is no-longer capable of stirring things up. Only something deeply intrinsic, seemingly alien, gradually forcing itself into awareness can cause the sleeper to awake.
Well said. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:48 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am Human beings have evolved a natural intelligence that has vastly superceded the idea ... there is a ''Man and God relationship''

In other words, the idea has long been kicked to the curb where it belongs.

Until IC can answer honestly the question...''Who told you you are a Christian'' ?

Until IC pipes up with an honest answer to that question...He will just continue to Bluff his way through life, and pull the wool over many others whom he is trying to convince. This is how belief works, it's a form of mental manipulation, the mind and it's contents are a self-sustaining - self-referential feedback loop, getting stuck there is common, because the mind can only relate to itself. There is no other reference frame.

Intelligent people have been able to free themselves from this self-made groove. But for most, the habit is a hard habit to break. A man and his God are like two peas in a pod. . cosy, and not for turning. Let IC have his belief, for he is nothing without it, and he secretly knows it...and is why he can only Bluff his way through life.
Good post, DAM.

I think people also will sometimes do almost anything to avoid being "wrong", even if that means perpetuating an illusion or (devolving into) some kind of insanity. One's ego may prevent them from acknowledging that they don't know much of anything, including what they thought they knew for (perhaps) many years of their life. Without an idea/belief to attach their identify to, it may feel like a death for one's ego. That fear and resistance is what keeps people stuck and unevolving... even as they suspect there may be more truth just beyond the boundaries of their thinking.

I think there is always more... and there's some freedom, joy, and comfort that comes with accepting and relaxing into that.
The fear of being 'wrong' is why I have said the mind can be a tyrant.

Best just to be honest and say I do not know who or what knows. This admission forces one back to the infinite regress problem. Some people are never comfortable with non-answers to their philosophical questions about origins.

Personally, I do not think there is any ''more'' for the human being per-se...I personally see evolution for the human being as going nowhere, in that there is nowhere to go....I do not think the 'human condition' has changed that much since the dawn of it's conception...

I can only see A.I technology is the future now...it's only technology that is evolving, and it's nature that's doing it....

I speculate that biological organic evolution has reached an impasse..But I could be wrong, I can only guess or predict....the only advancement I can vision for nature is A.I. robotics, and a vast reduction in manpower, resulting in a huge drop in human population.

Nature is programmed to save all it's data, and A.I. seems to be natures next logical progression, in my opinion...but I could be wrong, it's just the way I see nature moving forward/backward...always now.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:19 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 amThat includes yourself who would I surmise believe in Brahman/Atman.
I am unfair you are right. I was unfair to myself for a long time believing in beliefs that have no more reality to them than a nightly dream character does.
Upon ultimate realisation, I had to let 'my' God go. I finally had to give it the freedom it deserves.

Advaita Vedanta is a ''pointing'' to the exact nature of reality. It's not exclusive to the Hindu religion. It's a self-evident knowledge to every believing creed of acceptance and understanding.

Brahman/Atman is just another conceptual fable. In reality, I literally stopped believing in fairy tales...I dropped them like there hot, I got real and raw. I slayed them dragons to the ground... RIP
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 am(DAM, are you who writes under the pseudonym Dontaskme one individual or two? I mean,are there two people using your transmitter?)
Here we go again. . Sigh!!

I'll play parrot role again...repeating after me, there is no person who writes, there's just ghost writing, and many authors appear to this ONE reader of writing no one ever writ.

I take it that each post comes from one centre of experience. You can for all it matters call a centre of experience a 'ghost'. Ghosts are either centres of experience or they are hallucinations. If your opinions were hallucinations they would make no sense whatsoever.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:07 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 amThat includes yourself who would I surmise believe in Brahman/Atman.
I am unfair you are right. I was unfair to myself for a long time believing in beliefs that have no more reality to them than a nightly dream character does.
Upon ultimate realisation, I had to let 'my' God go. I finally had to give it the freedom it deserves.

Advaita Vedanta is a ''pointing'' to the exact nature of reality. It's not exclusive to the Hindu religion. It's a self-evident knowledge to every believing creed of acceptance and understanding.

Brahman/Atman is just another conceptual fable. In reality, I literally stopped believing in fairy tales...I dropped them like there hot, I got real and raw. I slayed them dragons to the ground... RIP
Belinda wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:00 am(DAM, are you who writes under the pseudonym Dontaskme one individual or two? I mean,are there two people using your transmitter?)

I'll play parrot role again...repeating after me, there is no person who writes, there's just ghost writing, and many authors appear to this ONE reader of writing no one ever writ.

I take it that each post comes from one centre of experience. You can for all it matters call a centre of experience a 'ghost'. Ghosts are either centres of experience or they are hallucinations. If your opinions were hallucinations they would make no sense whatsoever.
Whether knowledge appears as making sense or not making sense. It’s just what happening. Appearing as nonsense or sense, doesn’t matter since knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of it’s existence…in other words, did your dream last night make any sense?

You don’t have to believe anything I say Belinda….each to their own philosophical understanding regarding the concept of God.

I’m just one of the many authors that appear within the one reader….each and every one of us who are watching this forum, ARE reading, and seeing the same words, forming our own unique interpretations of those concepts.

There is only ever the present appearance of life, in all it’s multi- faceted appearances, appearing to the same one knowing, with no individual experience at it’s core. Direct experience is knowing this. This knowing is not centred anywhere of any individual location, it’s everywhere at once. It’s not a “ someone “ who knows, you are the knowing itself, that cannot be known.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:26 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Whether knowledge appears as making sense or not making sense. It’s just what happening. Appearing as nonsense or sense, doesn’t matter since knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of it’s existence…in other words, did your dream last night make any sense?

You don’t have to believe anything I say Belinda….each to their own philosophical understanding regarding the concept of God.

I’m just one of the many authors that appear within the one reader….each and every one of us who are watching this forum, ARE reading, and seeing the same words, forming our own unique interpretations of those concepts.

There is only ever the present appearance of life, in all it’s multi- faceted appearances, appearing to the same one knowing, with no individual experience at it’s core. Direct experience is knowing this. This knowing is not centred anywhere of any individual location, it’s everywhere at once. It’s not a “ someone “ who knows, you are the knowing itself, that cannot be known.

It is very unusual not to orient your life towards the future. I don't believe any of the incarnations of Dontaskme could stay alive without planning to eat something.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:38 pm
where do you stand IC? .
Human beings have evolved a natural intelligence that has vastly superceded the idea ... there is a ''Man and God relationship''

In other words, the idea has long been kicked to the curb where it belongs.

Until IC can answer honestly the question...''Who told you you are a Christian'' ?

Until IC pipes up with an honest answer to that question...He will just continue to Bluff his way through life, and pull the wool over many others whom he is trying to convince. This is how belief works, it's a form of mental manipulation, the mind and it's contents are a self-sustaining - self-referential feedback loop, getting stuck there is common, because the mind can only relate to itself. There is no other reference frame.
I undestand what you are saying and i may agree - not sure.

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am Intelligent people have been able to free themselves from this self-made groove. But for most, the habit is a hard habit to break. A man and his God are like two peas in a pod. . cosy,
yes emontionally comforting.

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am Let IC have his belief,
concur, its not malevalent.

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am for he is nothing without it, and he secretly knows it...and is why he can only Bluff his way through life.
I have to call you out on this - neighter of us know him well enough to make such statement. I shall not concur with you here without evidence.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:19 pm
It is very unusual not to orient your life towards the future. I don't believe any of the incarnations of Dontaskme could stay alive without planning to eat something.
Ok

I'm not actually reading you, so will have to leave it there for now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:25 am Let IC have his belief,
gaffo wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:07 pm concur, its not malevalent.
While I have absolutely no idea who IC is. His claims are kind of grim. Judgement day/ or lake of fire for non-believers and blasphemers. Hmm, ok, his beliefs are his prerogative, since their source is where the belief is.

If his claim were real and absolutely irrefutably true... then what I want to know is where did he get such absolute knowledge of God??...I want to know who informed him the irrefutable truth that God is?

So far, he has not ponied-up the answer to this question...so I have no other alternate but to call him out on his bluff tactic.
Until he can answer the question ''who informed him of God'' he's just like every other talking animal, full of make-believe.

Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:51 am
Belinda wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:19 pm
Ok

I'm not actually reading you, so will have to leave it there for now.
I was replying to this from Dontaskme:
It does matter that knowledge makes sense , otherwise you would be in the sad position of some demented person who feels horribly lost.

That is all true, with the exception of "unique" . There are some here whose opinions sometimes are not formed from a wide base of experience or learning from others but are nevertheless very sure they know The Truth. These are not unique these are mental clones.
I have constantly agreed with you on this. I want to add however that you and I and Joe Bloggs are the creators of the only reality there is.

There are some people who tragically live lives of complete powerlessness, and those people are really forced to be fatalists. Occasionally you and I who have computers and can talk as independent minds may occasionally be forced to be fatalists for instance when we go for a major surgical operation we put our lives in the hands of the surgeon and his team. But I guess all of us who attend these forums are capable of making decisions that affect our tomorrows.
This knowing is not centred anywhere of any individual location, it’s everywhere at once. It’s not a “ someone “ who knows, you are the knowing itself, that cannot be known.
I agree,and well expressed by you, the knowing is everywhere at once.The knowing is also scattered among you and I and Joe Bloggs, since time immemorial.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:16 pm Greatest I am wrote:
A lot of speculation, given that we have never found this absolute mind.
Don't you believe in other minds?
Of course.

What does that have to do with your conceptualized absolute mind?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:29 am What is an absolute mind anyway? How does it manifest itself? Was there ever a record of humans having encountered one. More likely is the very high probability that absolute mind is absolute rubbish!
I happen to think that some type of cosmic or universal mind exists, but it is accessed via telepathy.

I have claimed to finding it the one time.

Few believe that telepathy is a real phenomenon as no evidence is ever left to look at.

I do have the testimony from a human I mentally touched though. If I did not have that, I would perhaps think that I had mind fart and would not believe.

Regards
DL
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 pm
A lot of speculation, given that we have never found this absolute mind.
Of course.

Regards
DL
If there are many minds, especially if you include the hazy sort of 'minds' that inanimate things are, then totality of experiences becomes absolute.

Minds are not arithmetical objects. They are subjects of experience and always experience environments. So the many experiences become absolute experience, even when the minds experience different world views. You are a creator of your world as are all the other people creators of their worlds. Each world view is an aspect of the Absolute world view, and can't be lost or overlooked even if it spends its life in obscurity.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Belinda wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:09 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Of course.

Regards
DL
If there are many minds, especially if you include the hazy sort of 'minds' that inanimate things are, then totality of experiences becomes absolute.

Minds are not arithmetical objects. They are subjects of experience and always experience environments. So the many experiences become absolute experience, even when the minds experience different world views. You are a creator of your world as are all the other people creators of their worlds. Each world view is an aspect of the Absolute world view, and can't be lost or overlooked even if it spends its life in obscurity.
Some truth, but not from an absolute perspective. :P

I do not think we are using the same definition for mind and consciousness if you are attributing such terms to inanimate things.

If absolute is universal, remember that we are all in this together, alone.

Only in the spirit or our consciousness', that comes out of minds, and is what can meld with the cosmic consciousness, that has no matter holding it.

To know this as a fact, and to have it become an absolute experience for all, in my reality, all would have to choose to experience a telepathic message from one who can give it. Ourselves.

That begins within us all. We are already there in a real sense.

As Jesus and I say, many are called but few hear it.

Unfortunately, that is natural.

Regards
DL
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:31 pm
Dubious wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:29 am What is an absolute mind anyway? How does it manifest itself? Was there ever a record of humans having encountered one. More likely is the very high probability that absolute mind is absolute rubbish!
I happen to think that some type of cosmic or universal mind exists, but it is accessed via telepathy.

I have claimed to finding it the one time.

Few believe that telepathy is a real phenomenon as no evidence is ever left to look at.

I do have the testimony from a human I mentally touched though. If I did not have that, I would perhaps think that I had mind fart and would not believe.

Regards
DL
If I think of telepathy at all, it would be as a form of thought collusion. That is coincidences that lead to "are you thinking what I'm thinking" situations. Actual overt cases of telepathy have never been proven, and we certainly haven't yet mastered the Spock mind-meld technique.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Greatest I Am wrote:
I do not think we are using the same definition for mind and consciousness if you are attributing such terms to inanimate things.
Probably not. I am not even using the same definition of mind and consciousness that I myself previously used. Only recently I have been seriously thinking about panpsychism with idealism.