your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

SpheresOfBalance

Re: your penalty box

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:20 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm I fear no one, thus need not ban anyone from my eyes/mind. I can either read them and respond, or simply LMFAO! Fools can and usually are funny with their misconceptions/denials/insanity.

And you know me, the sailor comes out, when I want to bite back at some absurd notion. Even though I know it pisses off a lot of you. Put me on your shite list, makes no difference to me, if I care to I'll still have my say, unless Rick, A-mod or I-mod see it otherwise, which they have. Though I really don't think many children frequent this forum. I never seriously thought about philosophy until my mid thirties. And what's really contained in a word anyway, not a hell of a lot, not compared to the simplest of weapons humans have invented to kill one another out of pure selfishness.

I've never believed in offensive violent actions, (only defensive ones), only words that others might consider violent, despite their being quite inert. It's really all about how you take them relative to what you Know, not Feel. Feelings can easily be removed relative to knowledge.

Plus I really believe in freedom of speech, no matter how bonkers the mind that spits them out to see where they splatter. I just wish more people were educated so they too could weed out the words of megalomaniacs and other such crazies.
Physical violence and verbal violence are different expressions of the same intent, which also expresses as mind violence (thoughts).
So you are a wimp. I always thought it was the case. And you can't read either, or should I say comprehend easy to understand words. You see "intent" is all that really matters, as it's impossible to assess an objects interpretation, as there are far too many variables to consider accurately. So that the meaning of your or anothers words are most often subjective in terms of what is and is not violent. When/if you become as tough as I am, you'll finally understand. I've endured much my wimpy friend.
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm I fear no one, thus need not ban anyone from my eyes/mind. I can either read them and respond, or simply LMFAO! Fools can and usually are funny with their misconceptions/denials/insanity.

And you know me, the sailor comes out, when I want to bite back at some absurd notion. Even though I know it pisses off a lot of you. Put me on your shite list, makes no difference to me, if I care to I'll still have my say, unless Rick, A-mod or I-mod see it otherwise, which they have. Though I really don't think many children frequent this forum. I never seriously thought about philosophy until my mid thirties. And what's really contained in a word anyway, not a hell of a lot, not compared to the simplest of weapons humans have invented to kill one another out of pure selfishness.

I've never believed in offensive violent actions, (only defensive ones), only words that others might consider violent, despite their being quite inert. It's really all about how you take them relative to what you Know, not Feel. Feelings can easily be removed relative to knowledge.

Plus I really believe in freedom of speech, no matter how bonkers the mind that spits them out to see where they splatter. I just wish more people were educated so they too could weed out the words of megalomaniacs and other such crazies.
Physical violence and verbal violence are different expressions of the same intent, which also expresses as mind violence (thoughts).
So you are a wimp. I always thought it was the case. And you can't read either, or should I say comprehend easy to understand words. You see "intent" is all that really matters, as it's impossible to assess an objects interpretation, as there are far too many variables to consider accurately. So that the meaning of your or anothers words are most often subjective in terms of what is and is not violent. When/if you become as tough as I am, you'll finally understand. I've endured much my wimpy friend.
By your own standards and definitions that's quite a personal, subjective interpretation in which you conveniently emerge as the hero. Overcompensating much?
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:44 pm
SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:38 pm
By your own standards and definitions that's quite a personal, subjective interpretation in which you conveniently emerge as the hero. Overcompensating much?
Since you're ignorant of what I speak, your comment is not informed. As usual you say so much of nothing. But then I don't expect anything more from a repub. So you're right off target, as usual. Insurrectionists really don't matter, because they're UN-American, whom did you vote for? :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:53 pm Since you're ignorant of what I speak, your comment is not informed. As usual you say so much of nothing. But then I don't expect anything more from a repub. So you're right off target, as usual. Insurrectionists really don't matter, because they're UN-American, whom did you vote for? :lol:
To be an insulting little pig is simply a mettle-testing tactic that if relied on too oft’ as a crutch, limits language, expression, and eventually cripples mental activity that’s capable of detecting first the subtle and then the obvious.

Perhaps a self-proclaimed, fearless Rambo who has seen so much in life can enlighten the lesser beings of the forum and explain the mindset of any military veteran of any race, culture or creed who supports the idiot Biden.

To be appropriate and relevant to the purpose of the action, one should vote for the candidate whose actions and words reveal an intent appropriate for the welfare of the individual, the country, and the world … per the job description.

Of course the veracity of those words must be determined, and if the voter is an idiotic Biden supporter (but I repeat myself), then the basis of verifying is anyone's guess. Folks even supported him for the simple reason that he was/is incompetent, a happenstance which is difficult to comprehend in a rational world but quite common in Bizzaro World.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

[invective redacted—iMod]
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm We have, in this place, the possibility of puttin' folks on ignore.
I've been thinking about this. I think there are gradations, too.

Yeah, there's an official "penalty box." But that's more of an "banning from the league," since it implies you'll never see what they write. But in hockey, there are two-minute penalties, five-minute penalties, game misconduct penalties, and even suspensions. And all of these are more routine than total banning is.

The gradations are really something like this:

1. Regular players -- People not banned or penalized at all -- you read everything they post to you, maybe.
2. Play blown dead / offside flagged -- This might include people you may read but don't always respond to, for one reason or another.
3. Two-minute minor penalty -- People you may take a 'vacation' from, because they're having a fit of being unreasonable, but may return to the game later.
4. Major penalty -- People you read briefly only, just far enough to see if, contrary to habit, they're being reasonable, but otherwise mostly ignore because they have an established pattern of irrationality, posturing and drama, unresponsiveness to reason,ad hominems, interfering, abusing, trolling, or their most common fault -- just being boring and not very smart.
5. Long-Term Suspension -- People who you may find generally nasty, rude and not very bright, and with whom you only check back occasionally, just to see if, by some chance, they've become a better interlocutor or have grown up in some way, and maybe become a nicer person.
and
6. Eviction from the league -- People you will never speak to again, under any circumstances, and whose messages you don't read at all.

Would anybody ever do an absolute 6? Maybe. But I think a high "5" is about as far as I would go.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:41 pm I used to use the ignore list, but then I learned it was just as easy to read a post and then ignore it as it was for me to un-ignore the posts that quoted something interesting.

I, myself, could end up on anyone’s ignore list. I can be obstinate. In my defense, however, I try to understand someone who opposes my opinion, or I try to accept their premises and see where that leads.
Seeing significant names on the forum is like seeing significant faces outside the forum, when both faces and names have revealed their intent many times through action (which includes words). So, one deals with these words, faces, and their potential for future action as determined by past action, as one must, according to the situation.

All the ignore function does is alert the ignored that they are on radar, which opens the possibility for the ignored to either change and not be ignored, or to in-turn ignore, or to retaliate in one way or another.

Such rich possibilities manifesting in both crude and creative ways!

Why complicate it?

Any harm that results in this situation can only affect carriers of the Malintent Virus, and that's a good thing, for affect is change.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:24 pm 6. People you will never speak to again, under any circumstances, and whose messages you don't read at all.
The lil birdies I had in the box were and still are 6s.

I released 'em cuz I don't expect to be here much anymore (therefore any temptation to tussle with 'em will be low).
henry quirk

Re: and here's #5...

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:15 pmI figure at his ripe old age, Henry knows what he doesn't need.
Yep, and I know where I'm not wanted (admittedly, it took the 2 x 4 of a locked thread to drive it home, but 'message received').
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:15 pmI figure at his ripe old age, Henry knows what he doesn't need.
Yep, and I know where I'm not wanted (admittedly, it took the 2 x 4 of a locked thread to drive it home, but 'message received').
Personally, I wouldn't be hasty in assuming cause, which is not an attempt to invalidate your insight but rather the way I see it as one who has been censored, but that's just me because a hard heart has at times proved me wrong in the past, as has anyone who has tasted foot in mouth syndrome.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 pm I don't expect to be here much anymore.
Hold the fort, Sport.

You're not allowed to go anywhere... :(
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:05 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm
Personally, I wouldn't be hasty in assuming cause, which is not an attempt to invalidate your insight but rather the way I see it as one who has been censored, but that's just me because a hard heart has at times proved me wrong in the past, as has anyone who has tasted foot in mouth syndrome.
Can't take it any other way than as dismissal.

The thread was locked without warning or explanation.

Seems clear I'm bein' told by management to shut up .

I'm not faultin' 'em for it. I'm a guest here; they call the shots.

It just is what it is.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:07 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:54 pm I don't expect to be here much anymore.
Hold the fort, Sport.

You're not allowed to go anywhere... :(
90% gone already. Oh, I'll poke in for awhile (like I say, this place has been a fixture for me for a long time; bad habits are hard to give up), but that'll pass too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

[invective redacted—iMod]
Walker

Post by Walker »

I think what happened was ...

Forces of malintent, which you (Henry) are not, set up a dynamic antithetical to philosophy, which detracted from philosophizing.

Feeding the trolls failed to neutralize the dynamic.

Shutting it off without explanation affords the opportunity for personal understanding that does not rely on the words of another.

Writing in water is an exercise in focusing attention both upon something worthwhile to write and the real-time realization of impermanence. That's much like Menkin realizing the impermanence of his sharing when he saw fish being wrapped in his column, although he was a pro who did it for money, unlike the amateur who does it for other reasons such as freedom of action.

Speaking of fish (sniff sniff) something close-by stunk up your thread, but it weren't you, feller, it weren't IC, or me.