your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: and here's #5...

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:10 pm "Dontaskme, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post."
You can be silly and as incoherent as you wish, it's your prerogative to play whatever foolish folly that takes your fancy.

Many authors appear, but there is only one reading writing no one ever writ. You are free to say and write whatever you like, we're all reading the same text..

You are free to say write whatever you want. But you can never leave your country ever again, not until you are vaxinated. If you call that freedom, then so be it. I call it self induced enslavement.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:10 pm "Dontaskme, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post."
You're missing a lot of theatre.

I think she's doing "Madame Butterfly" this week.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Well there’s one thing you cannot ignore, and that’s watching your own drama. There’s no play without an audience. And no audience without a drama. Nothing hardly gets much attention.

Hey by the way Mr can have you reached the impasse yet, you know that awe full realisation that there is no God. You know that delusion you have been so obsessed with all your life.

Or are you going to keep chasing those pink balloons like a child … it’s a fun drama you are creating, preaching it to all those willing to listen to your fake acting.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Seen it...poor performance; bad actor.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Just as well no one is acting.

Yep, you heard it here first, no one, no thing is acting.

But then if the clown shoe fits, then dance Pinocchio dance.
commonsense

Re: your penalty box

Post by commonsense »

I used to use the ignore list, but then I learned it was just as easy to read a post and then ignore it as it was for me to un-ignore the posts that quoted something interesting.

I, myself, could end up on anyone’s ignore list. I can be obstinate. In my defense, however, I try to understand someone who opposes my opinion, or I try to accept their premises and see where that leads.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Vitruvius, the wanna be slaver.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

As my time and contributions here will be light from now on: I've set all the birdies free.

-----

I've been a participant here for a long time (since '08) This place has been a fixture for me. But I'm thinkin' -- in some fashion -- I'm bein' shown the door.

Okay.

It was a pleasure (for me if not for you), folks. Henry
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:20 am
I'm bein' shown the door.

We'll see.

But your mission now if you choose to accept it, is to see if you can ignore your own bullshit as you've ignored mine and pretty much 99% of other mainstream bullshit. You can do, I know you can, you've already proved it. Now try it with yourself, it shouldn't be too difficult for you, You invented it. So at least your good at one thing, ignoring people. Now, don't let yourself down. Lets all have a really good laugh at watching you ignore your own bullshit.

I'll give you 3 days.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme to Henry, wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 pm
But you can never leave your country ever again, not until you are vaxinated. If you call that freedom, then so be it. I call it self induced enslavement.
You are free to be wrong.

Freedom is a state of mind. Freedom is not lessons on how to be a herd animal.

Henry is free to ignore your harassment and irrelevant babbling.

Henry is free to ignore for his own reasons, reasons which need not be justified but which he offers as a human courtesy to all. The first paragraph of the US Declaration of Independence explains the principle behind such courtesy.

You should do yourself a favour and read it because there’s always the outside chance that something might click in the scattering of personal, disordered notions, so that for at least a moment the truth of objectivity that generates impartial kindness and sagacity may shine through and warm the cockles that clatter with such coldness, a possibility that exists because even a moment of pure sunshine can be enough light for future darkness.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:56 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:52 pm

Just as well no one is acting.

Yep, you heard it here first, no one, no thing is acting.

But then if the clown shoe fits, then dance Pinocchio dance.
Anyone who performs an action, such as writing, acts.

Anyone who acts, performs an act.

Anyone who is performing an act, is acting.

Performing an act, which is action, determines the intent.
Deliberation, which is called choice, does not determine the intent.

Acking is an action, therefore those who ack are both acking, and acting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQD-m979lXA

The link tells us that the wise man who only pays for what he needs, knows what he needs.
In knowing what he needs, he knows what he does not need.

I figure at his ripe old age, Henry knows what he doesn't need.
He doesn't need any acking in the ear, at least not at these space-time coordinates.

If you say something sufficiently ignorant, or brilliant, he may be inspired for a future rendezvous.

8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

[invective redacted—iMod]
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

I fear no one, thus need not ban anyone from my eyes/mind. I can either read them and respond, or simply LMFAO! Fools can and usually are funny with their misconceptions/denials/insanity.

And you know me, the sailor comes out, when I want to bite back at some absurd notion. Even though I know it pisses off a lot of you. Put me on your shite list, makes no difference to me, if I care to I'll still have my say, unless Rick, A-mod or I-mod see it otherwise, which they have. Though I really don't think many children frequent this forum. I never seriously thought about philosophy until my mid thirties. And what's really contained in a word anyway, not a hell of a lot, not compared to the simplest of weapons humans have invented to kill one another out of pure selfishness.

I've never believed in offensive violent actions, (only defensive ones), only words that others might consider violent, despite their being quite inert. It's really all about how you take them relative to what you Know, not Feel. Feelings can easily be removed relative to knowledge.

Plus I really believe in freedom of speech, no matter how bonkers the mind that spits them out to see where they splatter. I just wish more people were educated so they too could weed out the words of megalomaniacs and other such crazies.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:27 pm [invective redacted—iMod]
Case in point. Writing those words is your action that reveals your intent, thus you are an actor who reveals an intent within the limitations of human proportions, albeit it on the low end of small, mean-spirited, and primal howl inarticulate.

Seeing as this is an intellectual venue because writing is purely an intellectual activity that feeds on one kind of emotion or t'other, animal behavior is inappropriate for higher functioning, although it serves well-enough for a relativity reference.

For the benefit of humanity do try and change the course of that wallowing tanker, Captain.

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm I fear no one, thus need not ban anyone from my eyes/mind. I can either read them and respond, or simply LMFAO! Fools can and usually are funny with their misconceptions/denials/insanity.

And you know me, the sailor comes out, when I want to bite back at some absurd notion. Even though I know it pisses off a lot of you. Put me on your shite list, makes no difference to me, if I care to I'll still have my say, unless Rick, A-mod or I-mod see it otherwise, which they have. Though I really don't think many children frequent this forum. I never seriously thought about philosophy until my mid thirties. And what's really contained in a word anyway, not a hell of a lot, not compared to the simplest of weapons humans have invented to kill one another out of pure selfishness.

I've never believed in offensive violent actions, (only defensive ones), only words that others might consider violent, despite their being quite inert. It's really all about how you take them relative to what you Know, not Feel. Feelings can easily be removed relative to knowledge.

Plus I really believe in freedom of speech, no matter how bonkers the mind that spits them out to see where they splatter. I just wish more people were educated so they too could weed out the words of megalomaniacs and other such crazies.
Physical violence and verbal violence are different expressions of the same intent, which also expresses as mind violence (thoughts). The three can easily bleed into one another.