Religion is Man- Made

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Religion is Man- Made

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:13 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:28 pm
You have no solid argument to make,...
Apparently it was solid enough to make you resort to the ad homimens.

That'll do. Once you go there, there's not much more to be said.
No, your favorite word, you do not have any solid argument to make, because to do so, would be beneath you.
As homimems are, or should be, beneath everyone. They are no part of argumentation, but are rather the evidence of a collapse of ability to argue, and a capitulation to mere spite.

It is not necessary, nor even helpful, to insult a person when the person's argument is the issue, unless that person has explicitly offered their personal character as guarantor of something. And that sort of argument should itself be rejected as ad homimen. So neither side should use it.
Now, if you've got a solid argument to make, then lets hear it.
I did. You won't hear it, apparently.

My point was simple: "concepts" are not persons. That's patently obvious, definitonally obvious, to anyone who's paying attention.

I can't make you attend. I can only offer the argument, then let you ponder it if you are willing to. If you are not, well...what then?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:13 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:49 pm
Apparently it was solid enough to make you resort to the ad homimens.

That'll do. Once you go there, there's not much more to be said.
No, your favorite word, you do not have any solid argument to make, because to do so, would be beneath you.
As homimems are, or should be, beneath everyone. They are no part of argumentation, but are rather the evidence of a collapse of ability to argue, and a capitulation to mere spite.
Well the ideas are stupid, not the person, the ideas are idiotic, not the person, but sometimes, if you want to claim a person exists, then the person will get hit with the insults..it's unavoidable, as you've stated, it's the person that experiences emotion, not the concept ''insult'' itself. Keep digging your hole, just be careful not to fall in it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

:lol:
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:10 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:45 pm
Here's a good one...

“Having faith is believing in something you just know ain't true.”
Mark Twain.
Fuckin Mint.

I like Twain.

Never the twain shall meet. :D
He's the geezer
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:56 pm
Yep. There's me. And I'm sure there are others as well.
Religion types just make it up as they go along.
That's why you can't trust them; they are masters at self delusion.
I agree.

They actually believe their own self-made lies, which makes them dumb and stupid and they have the arrogance to believe they are the superior, and most intelligent of the species. Beliefs about God is like a child chasing a pink balloon, do these people every grow up and face actual reality.

I would like to receive a postcard from IC when he accends to heaven to be by Gods side. It would be nice to hear how his eternal life is doing, i hope it's not too boring for him, hope they have the game of monopoly up there, that should keep him busy. I wonder what mayfair would be changed to up in the land of heaven, I'm hoping he'll send on the information and let us know, it'd be kind of interesting to know something like that. Funny how you never really hear from those who are with God in eternal heaven though, but it's a lovely story anyway, humans love their man-made stories, I mean what are they without their story. :?
My idea of hell; Stuck in heaven with IC and his friends.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:13 pm No, your favorite word, you do not have any solid argument to make, because to do so, would be beneath you.
Well the ideas are stupid, not the person, the ideas are idiotic, not the person, but sometimes, if you want to claim a person exists, then the person will get hit with the insults..it's unavoidable, as you've stated, it's the person that experiences emotion, not the concept ''insult'' itself. Keep digging your hole, just be careful not to fall in it.

I've even tried to teach him the meaning of ad hominem to no avail, because he beleives he already knows and that is pretty much it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm I did. You won't hear it, apparently.

My point was simple: "concepts" are not persons. That's patently obvious, definitonally obvious, to anyone who's paying attention.

I can't make you attend. I can only offer the argument, then let you ponder it if you are willing to. If you are not, well...what then?
No, your favorite word, says no, computer says no IC

You don't hear it either.

Bye the way, you don't need to attend your own attendance. Unless you've got a body double.

Also, if someone Ad homined me, insulted me, called me all the names under the sun, I'd laugh my head off at the drama. I wouldn't cry like a big blubbering baby. Now, provide solid arguments, or shut up, and stop showing up on my threads.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm

I've even tried to teach him the meaning of ad hominem to no avail, because he beleives he already knows and that is pretty much it.
I know, these morons deserve everything they get. When you push your all knowing neck out, it's a self induced invitation to having it ripped off, that's just the way the game works. They never learn.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:32 pm
My idea of hell; Stuck in heaven with IC and his friends.
:lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm Well the ideas are stupid, not the person, the ideas are idiotic, not the person,
No, sometimes people can be stupid: but even stupid people sometimes, by accident, strike on a good idea. And sometimes smart people say dumb things. So it's never the person, always the argument, that matters.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:37 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:24 pm I did. You won't hear it, apparently.

Now, provide solid arguments, or shut up, and stop showing up on my threads.
I just provided one. (See red, above) You ignored it completely. So....I've got no more options.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:53 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:30 pm Well the ideas are stupid, not the person, the ideas are idiotic, not the person,
No, sometimes people can be stupid: but even stupid people sometimes, by accident, strike on a good idea.
There are no good ideas. Life for sentient beings is bad idea, only a fool would create this mess, and good only has any meaning because of the absence of bad. Reality is a negative, the only positive is that in knowledge, we can be aware of the mess, and stop making more mess.

Now, in my observation, life is a game made of WHIP and the absence of whip, there is nothing else, no silver lining, no fluffy white clouds of everlasting bliss, just horror of watching the things you like, including your self die a slow lingering death. Yep, life is a bag of laughs.
The lucky ones are the dead ones.
Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:53 pmAnd sometimes smart people say dumb things. So it's never the person, always the argument, that matters.
Well thanks for telling me what I already know, noted, I'll store that little cookie in my archive for future use, passing on these pearls of wisdom might even lesson the pain that life for sentience is really nothing more than just a great big ball of pointless and meaningless pain and suffering. Who knows, miracles could happens, if I just wish and belief hard enough. But I won't hold my breath too much. I like to stay grounded and live in the real world, where reality is reality, not some made up BS trashy mushy story about earning eternal life by gods side in heaven.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:55 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Now, provide solid arguments, or shut up, and stop showing up on my threads.
I just provided one. (See red, above) You ignored it completely. So....I've got no more options.
No Mr can, I didn't ignore the red words, I addressed them quite well actually...go back through the thread and see for yourself.

I'll be waiting for you. I'm quite loyal, but never royal.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 pm
No, sometimes people can be stupid: but even stupid people sometimes, by accident, strike on a good idea.
There are no good ideas.
Hmmm...? :? :? :?

What makes you feel that, D?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:26 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:05 pm
There are no good ideas.
Hmmm...? :? :? :?

What makes you feel that, D?
Because I'm fully aware and grounded in actual reality, not stuck in wishful thinking, this could be better lala land who believes in invisible people.

Now, I've already answered your question up thread, come on, man, nothing make me feels this way, I only have to pay close attention, by observing reality, to see reality deliver, the reality of reality, confirms itself to me everytime. I am not partial to the shiny trinket distractions that religion offers, I deal only with the real world.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:10 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:24 am
Why don't you start with showing the capability of defining what the word 'human being' actually refers to?
To me,

The 'human' word in 'human being' refers to the physical body part, which is visible to the physical eye/s.

The 'being' word in 'human being' refers to the thinking, feeling part, which is invisible to the physical eye/s. This part also goes by and is known by the words 'person', or 'personality'.

For further defining, the word 'person' refers to the thoughts and emotions only, within the body. This is because there is NO person who is more, NOR less, than ANY other 'person'. ALL people are EQUAL in that they are ALL the EXACT SAME thing, that is; just the thoughts and emotions within the body, but ALL people are also DIFFERENT in that they are ALL just made up of different thoughts.

In relation to some religious ideas/beliefs, the word 'soul' refers to this thinking, feeling, and invisible, part of the human being, which lasts forever. In that the whatever thoughts (the person/soul) that were in a physical (human) body leave, or have, an ever-lasting effect on the 'rest'.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:08 am And with all due respect, please try to do it without making the definition the length of the book War and Peace.
Thanks for your thoughts. And for clearing things up.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:24 amWas that to long, for you?
No, it was just right, thanks. I can only deal with tiny bites of information at once.

The only thing that puzzles me is the part where it is written '' the word 'soul' refers to this thinking, feeling, and invisible, part of the human being, which lasts forever. ''

How can the idea of 'forever' be known?
Through the same way ALL ideas of 'words' are known, and that is through a word evolves, or a human being just makes up a word, provides a definition for that word, and then that now known word and its now known definition is shared among "others".

Do you have ANY idea of what the word 'forever' refers to?

If yes, then HOW you obtained the idea of 'forever', then that is HOW the idea of 'forever' can be KNOWN.

But if no, then I suggest just looking in ANY dictionary, which has the word 'forever' in it, and then look up the definition provided for that word, then you can ascertain AN idea of 'forever'. And, that is another way of HOW the idea of 'forever' can be KNOWN.

Another way one HOW the idea of 'forever' can be known is by just relating it to the idea of 'NEVER ending'. And, HOW the idea of 'NEVER ending' can be known is by relating it to other things, which are are known, et cetera, et cetera.
I understand how words / concepts are known.

But did you know that that which is known knows nothing? for example, a concept knows nothing because it's not a literal thing that has a conciousness.

Did you know that even though a concept is known, the concept known is never seen?

Seeing observes imageless images that's all. There is nothing behind the screen of seeing, seeing itself. In the same sense, there is nothing behind the screen of a computer that can be known as a brain or mind.

Consciousness can never experience itself as an object...aka a concept known.