The Biden Binder

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: The Biden Binder

Post by henry quirk »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:49 pm Trump's dog "Treasury" bit an Italian restaurant owner on his last day in the White House

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2BO6V8

lol
That is funny... 👍
Walker

Post by Walker »

Fact-based opinion concerning cause and effect, in contrast to ideological lies, always a good starting point for philosophy, although I’ve heard it said that Marx is the most influential philosopher in history, when the definition of influential includes death, the ultimate "No" to the individual.

Although what’s happening now is not Marxism. It’s tyranny applied to a constitutional republic, which obviously is defenseless after decades of preparation, and one of the most powerful elements in the preparation is government education/indoctrination.

The media has taken indoctrination to new heights of continuing post-compulsory education.

All has been primed for the looters. What is the name of that wrinkled dude who almost destroyed England’s economy? The one who looks like death warmed over?

Begin quote

I&I Editorial 4-6-21
https://issuesinsights.com/2021/04/06/w ... tax-hikes/

Joe Biden’s massive $2 trillion “infrastructure plan” is in fact another giant tax hike disguised as a jobs program. Even worse, the Bidenites pretend that the taxes will hit wealthy people and big corporations hard, while the spending will provide jobs for struggling workers. Don’t believe any of it.

First, a reality check. Spending was up sharply last year, and will likely be up at least 50% this year. Yet, even the tax hikes now being discussed won’t come close to covering the spending increases.

Let’s review: During the pandemic year, the U.S. spent $6.5 trillion, a 47% surge in just one year. This year, we’ve already added about $4 trillion in new spending. Debt is now an unimaginable $30 trillion, and headed much higher. And yes, we have to pay it off, even if we “owe it to ourselves,” as some like to say.

With a deficit of $3 trillion last year and perhaps even higher this year, Americans are soon going to feel the pinch. Yes, the Fed can print more money by buying government bonds. But eventually, it all has to be paid back. And when that happens, the taxes will hit the economy hard, forcing the government to spend more (while crowding out private sector spending and investment), and jack up taxes at the same time.

The Biden administration’s great lie is that it will “go after” big companies and the rich to pick up the tab for the infrastructure spending.

Not true. It’s really going after you. The administration grudgingly handed out $1,400 in “COVID Relief” checks in exchange for years of higher taxes from you. Americans got snookered.

Just this week, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen “called for countries around the world to adopt a global minimum corporate tax as part of the Biden administration’s push to hike rates and fund the $2.3 trillion infrastructure bill,” the British online Daily Mail wrote.

Some 140 countries are involved in the tax-hike talks, which will result in U.S. corporations paying a 28% top tax rate, a 33% rise from the current 21%.

Synchronized global recession, anyone?

Yet, in unveiling his infrastructure plan at a union hall in Pittsburgh last week, Biden said he would create “the strongest, most resilient, innovative economy in the world,” along with millions of “good-paying jobs.”

Uh-huh. The $2.3 trillion “Infrastructure” bill only spends $921 billion on what most people would agree is infrastructure. The remainder — $1.38 trillion by our calculation — would go to pet Democrat projects, payoffs to unions and left-wing groups, squirrelly climate change projects, money for misgoverned and impecunious Blue States, and other waste.

Because you think corporations pay for it, you might also ask, “why not?”

For one, “taxes on the companies” inevitably become “taxes on all.” Americans, you should know that by now, as we pointed out here recently.

One recent study by the Congressional Budget Office reviewed reams of past economic research and concluded that by saddling the U.S. with new taxes and enormous deficits for 10 to 15 years or even longer, we’ll destroy our economic vitality with these gigantic new spending packages.

“The general finding is that increasing taxes leads to lower GDP and personal consumption,” the CBO study, The Economic Effects of Financing a Large and Permanent Increase in Government Spending, found, adding that “deficit financing leads to higher interest rates, a lower capital stock, lower GDP, and a greater risk of a fiscal crisis.”

It also called the current trend “unsustainable.”

It could also be called “fraudulent.”

“The plan represents a huge power grab for the federal government, potentially the largest in decades,” David Ditch, a budget expert at the Heritage Foundation, told The Epoch Times. “The infrastructure portion alone would mean federal involvement in projects that are at the heart of local governance, such as school construction and water systems.”

Will a tax hike on corporations be enough? In a word, no. Last year, the U.S. collected about $212 billion in corporate taxes, well below the average $246 billion annually since 2000. Corporate taxes are highly cyclical. They don’t just keep growing.

As a simple calculation, if taxes come in at about their recent average, you’ll get only $80 billion more a year with Biden’s corporate tax hikes. But because companies are experts at tax avoidance, it’s doubtful it’ll even be that much.

That’s $1.2 trillion in corporate tax revenues over 15 years. Not $2.3 trillion.

That means the other $1.1 trillion comes from you (we’re not even counting interest). Maybe it’ll come as part of a huge, broad tax hike, already in the works. Or higher inflation. Or higher interest rates, causing prices of homes and other asset prices to fall. Or all of the above.

And don’t forget: Corporations will be raising prices, hiring less, handing out fewer bonuses and lower pay hikes, and trimming back their dividends to make up for the Biden tax hikes.

It’s a recipe for economic disaster, with trillions in lost output while we’re all paying higher taxes. Write your senator and tell him or her not to say yes to this mess. Raise hell. If not, when economic disaster comes and you start looking for someone to blame, start with the mirror.

— Written by the I&I Editorial Board

End quote
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Walker quotes the I&I Editorial Board

lol
Walker

Post by Walker »

Still stinking up the thread.

You're blocked for moi, which eliminates one waste of time.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interesting that about the only criticism of Trump was how he handled the southern border of the US, when in fact he was cleaning up the problem left by Obama and Biden, and did a good job of it, successfully holding back the tide. By his fourth year, it was under control.

Interesting that in September 2020, Trump predicted that everyone in the US who wanted a vaccine, would be vaccinated by April of 2021, for which he was roundly denounced as "denying the science," and all the other nonsense dreamed up by the Left.

These two facts are interesting now because:

1. The southern border is now a disaster, because Biden tossed out Trump's policies, procedures, and methods, and invited the world to come pouring over the border, while blaming the weather and Trump for what he did to re-awaken the human tide. Now, the little children are suffering for real, because of Biden. Just take a look at what news has been leaking out from the media blackout at the border, which was ordered by Biden to control the propaganda.

2. Biden recently announced that everyone in the country will be vaccinated by the end of April, which was Trump's prediction. The media doesn't mention Trump's prediction now. Biden doesn't mention Trump's prediction now. In fact, Biden is trying to take credit for the success of the vaccine. Also, trying to make it manditory, trying to extend the crisis as long as he can to retain control over the people. He had some help in stealing the credit because two medicine-making companies waited until a few days after the election to announce that a vaccine had been created, and of course because the media will always steal from Trump. They neglected to mention that the speed of the production was due to Trump's innovative, creative, businessman approach to the challenge. Everyone should know the details of how he did it, although it's way under-reported. In fact, it would make a great Hollywood movie, but if the movie is ever made, Fauci will be the star, the guiding light, even though he contributed zero to the effort.

If Fauci and Biden had been in charge of making the vaccine, the world would still be waiting.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

Interesting that in September 2020, Trump predicted that everyone in the US who wanted a vaccine, would be vaccinated by April of 2021, for which he was roundly denounced as "denying the science," and all the other nonsense dreamed up by the Left.

It's not as interesting as Trump claiming without evidence that he won the 2020 election, refusing to concede, and fomenting a murderous insurrection. But hey, let's talk about Trump and hydroxychloroquine—I mean—vaccine.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Really, that corrupt, selfish old man Biden just doesn't care what happens at the border.

Overcrowding, disease, filth, child rape, human suffering, now even hunger because of logistics ... he really doesn't care. Flood 'em in and let God sort out the survivors.

He's off onto the next item in his bucket list, namely, disarming the public against the final push of tyranny.

The puppet-master at the end of the recursive trail may in fact be formless, pulling a lot of strings.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 pm Really, that corrupt, selfish old man Biden just doesn't care what happens at the border. Overcrowding, disease, filth, child rape, human suffering, now even hunger because of logistics ... he really doesn't care. Flood 'em in and let God sort out the survivors.
A lot of the victims are Hondurans. I know Honduras, have been there on various occasions, and have Honduran friends. I would love for more Hondurans to have opportunities, even if they have to escape their own country to do it. I wish I could get some of my friends out right now.

But what is being done to the Hondurans by the Biden administration is just plain wicked. In order to appear "open" the Biden admin. has encouraged these poor and desperate people to flood north, fall into the hands of the cartels, and pay to have their children thrown over the border wall, in the desperate hope of getting them a better life. For Biden et al, it's all about postures and appearances, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the good of the Hondurans.

And the Democrats have zero conscience about it: they would rather let the Hondurans be robbed, raped, orphaned, abandoned and killed by the border-thugs, than risk the American public knowing how wickedly and stupidly they themselves have behaved -- which is what would happen if they now decided to reverse their course, secure the border and provide safe conduct rules and means to protect these poor, desperate folks. They are putting their own politics over human lives...the lives of some of the poorest and most desperate people in the world.

I tell you, W...one day, there's a Great Judgment for all this coming. And when it comes, it's going to be richly, richly deserved.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

[blah blah blah] Biden just doesn't care what happens at the border.

Oooh—a baseless slur!

In order to appear "open" the Biden admin. has encouraged these poor and desperate people to flood north, ...

And another!

I guess Biden Derangement Syndrome is a thing. Who knew?

lol
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

mickthinks wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:07 pm [blah blah blah] Biden just doesn't care what happens at the border.

Oooh—a baseless slur!

In order to appear "open" the Biden admin. has encouraged these poor and desperate people to flood north, ...

And another!

I guess Biden Derangement Syndrome is a thing. Who knew?

lol
Well, with such a substantive and sophisticated reply, how could I resist responding: there's just so much richness and insight to think about there... 8)

And yet...I will.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

... there's just so much richness and insight to think about there ...

The only thing you need to think about, Manny, is whether you can point to a shred of evidence that "the Biden administration has encouraged these poor and desperate people to flood north". Or whether it might be better to admit that you just made shit up about Biden because ... well, that's what Trump supporters do.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Mr. Big is finally identified.

mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

I'm just going to leave this here:
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 13.30.47.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 13.30.47.jpg (51.01 KiB) Viewed 215 times
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:34 pm What to do about slavers and all that they touch?

kill them...salvage what you can, burn the rest
Oh yeah! That will definitely work and make things better.

After you are through killing and scavanging, the free will come back and give you a decent burial.

You have yet to learn the first rule of defense--don't be there when it happens!

But if you do decide to attempt to fight the government, you certainly won't win if you announce to the world that's what you intend to do.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Walker wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:13 am If Fauci and Biden had been in charge of making the vaccine, the world would still be waiting.
Where's the downside to that?

If that's the case, I wish they had been in charge.