Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 3

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Putting ''Immanuel Can'' In The Religious Spotlight Part 3

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:49 am I have never denied reality, I've just said it's not happening to a 'someone' rather it's life living itself. It's the Absolute Relative where the human ego is an illusory appearance, just another one of a multitude of appearances within the Absolute.
Then your problem is this: that what is, is "good," or at least it's as "good" as anything can be, which is to say neither good nor bad. And suffering isn' t "wrong" or "evil," it's just another thing that "is," that happens to be. There's nobody to blame, nobody to complain to, and no escape, just as you say.

But why, then, be mad at this God you say does not exist -- and didn't make anything "bad," because what is, is what is? :shock:

What right have you to be angry, disappointed or upset with the universe? What should it care? Nothing it has done is "wrong" anyway, according to your theory.
That's the problem all sentient creature are stuck with. Pain and suffering forever, until life extincts itself.
That's nothing but pure Nihilism. Does it make you happy? Are you fulfilled? Do you think you have all the answers you need or deserve?
Can you see how it’s all just an entangled mess.
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:32 pmI can certainly see how your beliefs are, yes.
How typical of you to say, when what I was actually referring to was that both our beliefs...
I know what you meant. But I don't believe what you believe, and so I'm not in the same pickle at all. I accept you can speak for yourself; but what makes you think you can speak for my worldview? I don't find it anything like your own.

I think you're only projecting the confusion you feel onto me...because, to be blunt, I don't share your experience of confusion.
... you and I are poles apart in our own unique understandings of how we believe reality works.
Now THAT'S the truth.

But you and I are actually agreed on a few things. One is that I do think humans have a right to ask God why evil exists, and to be upset that it does. You certainly feel the upset and ask the question: but your own worldview gives you no justification in doing so.

You don't believe in God: so you can't be mad at Him. You don't believe there is a "why" for evil: so you can't ask for one. You believe that what is, is what is: therefore you can't want it to be otherwise.

You're in a whirl of self-contradiction, because your basic "religious" orientation is false, and so it doesn't let you make sense of even the most basic questions that normal human beings want to ask, and, I believe should be allowed to ask....like, "Why do bad things happen"?
I mean it's totally irrational to have a concern for the endless suffering and pain that sentient creatures endure.
If your religion were true, then this statement is absolutely right. It would be totally irrational.f

Good thing for you that your religion is an error. You still can ask the questions, and have a right to: but your confusion will be incurable so long as you cling to your present worldview. I'm sorry to say it, but that's how it is.
So yeah, don't get angry about anything,
I say the opposite. But your worldview gives you no justification in being angry at all. Why are you mad at a "dream," a "thought" a "knower"?

Are you really just mad at yourself? Because if your worldview is true, then you've got nobody else to be mad at.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I agree with everything you’ve said in you’re last response mannie.

Take care my friend 😀

Everything I write here at the forum, is just words coming out...I make it all up.
I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, all I know, is that what
I write is just what comes out.
Walker

Post by Walker »

And yet, for some reason he doesn't think you're a total waste of time. You know the reason.

It's why you abuse that reason.

The reason is because he's a Christian, and turns the other cheek in favour of rationality. Jerks often like to test that amazing and admirable philosophy of life.

You're quite fortunate that he is a Christian, or he probably wouldn't give you time of day, and would give back as he gets ... which is probably what's actually sought via words recognized as meaningless and empty.

Glad to help.

8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Aww, did that make you feel all so powerful..did it give your little micro weenie a lil ol hard on. :lol:

I would love to pinch mannies rosycheek, and slap the other one till that’s rosy too...just because I think he’s cute, Ive always liked mannie.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:45 pm I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, all I know, is that what
Okay. I guess that's not quite what "philosophy" is, but it's not illegal to do that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:18 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:45 pm I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about, all I know, is that what
Okay. I guess that's not quite what "philosophy" is, but it's not illegal to do that.
Thanks mannie, I knew you would understand...I know it’s not the usual philosophy...but it’s my own specially brewed philosophy. It’s a dam buster 😆
henry quirk

'nuff said

Post by henry quirk »

How, then, shall we face the future? When the sailor is out on the ocean, when everything is changing all around him, when the waves are born and die, he does not stare down into the waves, because they are changing. He looks up at the stars. Why? Because they are faithful... Sad Soren K
Immanuel Can

Re: 'nuff said

Post by Immanuel Can »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:28 pm How, then, shall we face the future? When the sailor is out on the ocean, when everything is changing all around him, when the waves are born and die, he does not stare down into the waves, because they are changing. He looks up at the stars. Why? Because they are faithful... Sad Soren K
Oh, that's a good one.

You've got to love the Dour Dane.
henry quirk

Re: 'nuff said

Post by henry quirk »

Immanuel Can wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:49 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:28 pm How, then, shall we face the future? When the sailor is out on the ocean, when everything is changing all around him, when the waves are born and die, he does not stare down into the waves, because they are changing. He looks up at the stars. Why? Because they are faithful... Sad Soren K
Oh, that's a good one.

You've got to love the Dour Dane.
If she-who-does-not-care-if-anyone-responds-to-her actually got what K was sayin', she'd find peace.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

:lol: When feeling sad and lonely, abandoned, frightened and forgotten, do not despair, there's a billion clumps of hydrogen and helium holding you in their glare. You are so loved. ™
Walker

Post by Walker »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:18 pm
Even a dog has some respect for language and meaning.

Is casting pearls before a swine such as DAM, a sin?
I know it's not illegal.

I understand the evangelical aspect of Christianity.

I don't quite understand one who runs their head into a brick wall over-and-over for the sake of a swine who has no respect for language or the wisdom it conveys.

Could you explain?

On the surface, it appears to be the hubris of martyrdom.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Walker wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:26 am Could you explain?

On the surface, it appears to be the hubris of martyrdom.
:D Do I seem like I'm in for the hair shirt and self-flagellation... :lol:

No, it's not that. I like to give people a chance to tell me what they think, so long as there is some profit in going forward. Sometimes people get mad and say things they don't mean, or temporarily deflect and then return to sense. Being patient is fine. But you're right about this...that when it gets to the point that the dialogue becomes permanently uncivil or permanently disingenuous, you're best to cut your losses.

Dialogue is a bit of a wasteful process. Some of it will turn out useful, and some not so much. But that's okay.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker to DAM wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:58 pm You're quite fortunate that he is a Christian, or he probably wouldn't give you time of day, and would give back as he gets ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Because THAT'S what CHRISTIAN'S do! Nobody else does that! He's SOOO righteous, he requires deception and deflection to maintain it in an online Philosophy forum. He is a self-serving game-player. I'm sure he appreciates you stroking and glorifying him on this stage as he likes to do for himself.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:48 am Immanuel Can - I haven't finished with you yet. :wink:

I want to talk with you about biblical contradictions. If the bible truly is the word of God, and is written by a perfect being, then it must not contradict itself, is this correct?

“… I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.” — Genesis 32:30

“No man hath seen God at any time…”– John 1:18

Question for you IC, who has claimed to know God..is, who or what is the 'I' that has seen God face to face. Yet, no man hath seen God at any time?

Are you up to the challenge IC ? your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, without the help of God :shock: :wink:

The answer to your question here is the very reason the words 'I' and 'i' are written the way they are under the label "age" here, in this forum.

Who and what thee 'I' IS, is NOT 'man' nor even 'human'.

All 'apparent' biblical contradictions are resolved when how thee Mind and the brain work and who 'I' am are understand.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:48 am Immanuel Can - I haven't finished with you yet. :wink:
I want to talk with you about biblical contradictions.
Well, as you'll know already, no doubt, the Atheist set has spent a great deal of time trying to find those, and to make something of whatever they think they can find. So there is an abundance of websites that already extensively address such issues. So if you actually care about those things, you can find the answers yourself. You have no need of my help.

Here's your first. I'm sure you can google many many others, because it took me about five seconds to find several: https://www.christianinconnect.com/reso ... bible.html

I'll leave you to it. You've got some research and thinking on your hands.
This is ANOTHER PRIME EXAMPLE of when one is completely and utterly INCAPABLE of backing up and supporting their claims

WHY do 'you', adult human beings, write and say things when you can NOT even back up and support them, with actual evidence and proof?