Don't Mess with Others

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Don't Mess with Others

Post by Gary Childress »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgdhp

This is why we shouldn't fuck with other countries. From here forward there should be only good-will between nations, meaning good-will between us and other nations, meaning good-will BY us toward other nations. No more invasions, no more saber-rattling. It's time to stop playing those kinds of games. Seriously, I wish our leaders would just STOP.
VVilliam

Re: Don't Mess with Others

Post by VVilliam »

Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Most of us just want peace. We don't give a fuck about "chess". You're not playing "chess" you fucking morons. You're playing with matches. Fucking Democrats or whoever is responsible.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mo ... d=msedgdhp
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:18 pm Most of us just want peace.
Really?? That's a joke. Stop being such a hypocrite. You've said on here that your 'support the troops'. Fuck your 'troops'.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:52 pm
Really?? That's a joke. Stop being such a hypocrite. You've said on here that your 'support the troops'. Fuck your 'troops'.
Question VT: Why would you object to someone who is only saying he wants peace? If you are truly for peace yourself, then I would think you would welcome others who also want peace.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:05 pm
Question VT: Why would you object to someone who is only saying he wants peace? If you are truly for peace yourself, then I would think you would welcome others who also want peace.
You can't have it both ways. If you 'support the troops' then you love war and killing. And don't try to tell me it's just 'being American'. Ever heard of the Vietnam war protests? Back then it was fashionable to call Vietnam returnees 'babykillers'. Now those same 'hippies' are supporting and idolising 'war' (invasion) veterans and the professional killers of the military. Somewhere along the line war profiteers got control of the govt. and population. People are such gullible hypocrites. Y'all have been brainwashed over the past decades. It's a cancer that has spread everywhere; pro-war, military-worshipping bullshit.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:53 pm

You can't have it both ways. If you 'support the troops' then you love war and killing. And don't try to tell me it's just 'being American'. Ever heard of the Vietnam war protests? Back then it was fashionable to call Vietnam returnees 'babykillers'. Now those same 'hippies' are supporting and idolising 'war' (invasion) veterans and the professional killers of the military. Somewhere along the line war profiteers got control of the govt. and population. People are such gullible hypocrites. Y'all have been brainwashed over the past decades. It's a cancer that has spread everywhere; pro-war, military-worshipping bullshit.
Should I be calling veterans, many with PTSD and other maladies (including bodily injuries) following the war in Iraq, "baby killers?" I mean, what does that really accomplish? I would think it's the leaders who got us into this war and who perpetuate it who are the true villains here. I think many young people who are fresh out of high school and who sign up for the military do so because they want to serve and protect their fellow citizens. Many also have little other viable route to get vocational training and a salary and they believe that they are fighting a just war for their country. At least that's what much of the media tell them. (Especially if they watch Fox News.)

So they sign up for the military and then some POS in the Whitehouse sends them off to risk their lives shooting at or else get shot at by others in some foreign country. It's the decision-makers who bear the brunt of responsibility in my opinion.

Put yourself in the shoes of those who join the military as ordinary soldiers. If you signed up for the New Zealand Army (assuming they take female recruits) and had a choice between desertion and court-martial versus doing what your superiors told you to do (immoral war or not) and potentially surviving without serious harm to your career chances and whatnot, what would you do? Would you desert and stand trial and destroy any chance at employment afterward (basically ruin your life) or would you do what you are told? Or are you of the mind that no country should have an army at all. That all should refuse military service and trust that no one will ever attack or start any wars? Or would you refuse to join the military at all and let others serve in your stead and then call them "baby killers" when they come home from some horrible foreign policy fiasco?

I mean, what do you suggest?
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:40 am

Should I be calling veterans, many with PTSD and other maladies (including bodily injuries) following the war in Iraq, "baby killers?" I mean, what does that really accomplish? I would think it's the leaders who got us into this war and who perpetuate it who are the true villains here. I think many young people who are fresh out of high school and who sign up for the military do so because they want to serve and protect their fellow citizens. Many also have little other viable route to get vocational training and a salary and they believe that they are fighting a just war for their country. At least that's what much of the media tell them. (Especially if they watch Fox News.)

So they sign up for the military and then some POS in the Whitehouse sends them off to risk their lives shooting at or else get shot at by others in some foreign country. It's the decision-makers who bear the brunt of responsibility in my opinion.

Put yourself in the shoes of those who join the military as ordinary soldiers. If you signed up for the New Zealand Army (assuming they take female recruits) and had a choice between desertion and court-martial versus doing what your superiors told you to do (immoral war or not) and potentially surviving without serious harm to your career chances and whatnot, what would you do? Would you desert and stand trial and destroy any chance at employment afterward (basically ruin your life) or would you do what you are told? Or are you of the mind that no country should have an army at all. That all should refuse military service and trust that no one will ever attack or start any wars? Or would you refuse to join the military at all and let others serve in your stead and then call them "baby killers" when they come home from some horrible foreign policy fiasco?

There was no war in Iraq. How dare you call it that. It was an invasion perpetrated by a bully on the weakest target it could find in the ME.

I mean, the almighty US went to Iraq to 'save' it from an evil despot :lol:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:00 am
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:40 am

There was no war in Iraq. How dare you call it that. It was an invasion perpetrated by a bully on the weakest target it could find in the ME.

I mean, the almighty US went to Iraq to 'save' it from an evil despot :lol:
OK. You are right.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I knew it. First two months of office and we're already bombing a place in Syria. This is beyond criminal. Biden and his administration need to go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bi ... d=msedgdhp
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:40 am I knew it. First two months of office and we're already bombing a place in Syria. This is beyond criminal. Biden and his administration need to go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bi ... d=msedgdhp
It's hardly surprising. He's a male version of bitchface Hillary. And don't forget that you 'support the troops' :x
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:55 am And don't forget that you 'support the troops' :x
What difference does it make to you if I respect veterans but think our leaders are criminals? Seriously, what is your fixation with that about? Do you respect soldiers in your own country? I'm curious because if you do then I really don't see where you have room to talk.
vegetariantaxidermy

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:09 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:55 am And don't forget that you 'support the troops' :x
What difference does it make to you if I respect veterans but think our leaders are criminals? Seriously, what is your fixation with that about? Do you respect soldiers in your own country? I'm curious because if you do then I really don't see where you have room to talk.
Seriously. What do YOU think?
Why would I 'respect' soldiers? They are the last people I would ever respect. What does it even mean anyway? I like doctors and hairdressers because they are useful. I can't think of anyone I 'respect'. Not sure how I would go about 'respecting' someone. Do you go down on bended knee when you see a veteran? Get all subservient and spuffly? I see a lot of military personnel around here and I never acknowledge them. They strut around in their camos, full of themselves. The military used to be a last resort for idiots who couldn't get any other job--now they get treated like fucking rock stars.
Why would I 'respect' someone who goes into a 'profession' where they have to follow orders no matter what, from even bigger idiots? Imagine WANTING to be told what to do, to not ever have to think for yourself. The whole military brainwashing bullshit makes me want to puke.
I seriously doubt if anyone is going to attack this piece of rock. Why would they bother? I'm pretty sure China already owns it anyway, and this country is so infested with Political Correctness that we would no doubt welcome any invaders with open arms, 'embracing' the 'diversity', and anyone who complained would be charged with 'hate speech'.
The only possible 'use' for the military for is to go meddling in other countries that probably haven't even heard of us, at the behest of the world's resident bully:America.