Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

That moral tenet is about the only objective moral tenet I know of that has not been shown to ever be subjective. Yahweh seems to be doing the wrong thing.

We are told that most of us will end on the wide road to hell while the few end on the narrow path to heaven.

It is demonstrable that nature creates for the best possible end.

Why does Yahweh not follow the better rules he gave nature, and creates us for the worst possible end for the vast majority of us?

A decent father would not have the morals or ethics Yahweh seems to follow.

If true, then we end with more souls lost to Satan than souls saved by Yahweh. Even as scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved.

God not getting his will is not allowed. God must always come out ahead. Something is not right for god.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Skip

Re: Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

Post by Skip »

When you're that powerful, no morality applies: it's all about preference or whim.
God gets so bored with the pleas and whimpers of all those bedraggled earthquake victims and drowning refugees: they're all the same and have nothing to offer in return. Now, if a soccer forward with Jesus tattooed on his back needs a goal, well, granting that prayer is just so much more fun: that highly-paid hero of thousands will fall on his knees, kiss the spat-upon turf, cross himself three or times, howl at the sky, maybe even shed tears of joy and rapture - in front of international television cameras.
I mean, it's hardly a tough choice!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 pmIf true, then we end with more souls lost to Satan than souls saved by Yahweh. Even as scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved.
Who the fuck is Satan?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Skip wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:06 pm When you're that powerful, no morality applies: it's all about preference or whim.
God gets so bored with the pleas and whimpers of all those bedraggled earthquake victims and drowning refugees: they're all the same and have nothing to offer in return. Now, if a soccer forward with Jesus tattooed on his back needs a goal, well, granting that prayer is just so much more fun: that highly-paid hero of thousands will fall on his knees, kiss the spat-upon turf, cross himself three or times, howl at the sky, maybe even shed tears of joy and rapture - in front of international television cameras.
I agree that the word moral does not apply to Yahweh and that the religious are self-centered.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:20 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 pmIf true, then we end with more souls lost to Satan than souls saved by Yahweh. Even as scriptures say that Yahweh wills that all souls be saved.
Who the fuck is Satan?
To Christians, basically, the feminine traits. That is why they show Satan as female in paintings like the Expulsion of Adam and Eve.

That is why they are misogynous and homophobic and refuse to give women and gays equal rights.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Who the fuck is Satan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcRXeCzpno

Regards
DL
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:26 pm
Who the fuck is Satan?

Regards
DL
Why don't you explain to me, who exactly this Satan chap is? (fuck vid - UTube on the blink)
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:33 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:26 pm

Who the fuck is Satan?

Regards
DL
Why don't you explain to me, who exactly this Satan chap is? (fuck vid - UTube on the blink)
I was writing of the Christian version of Satan.

Not the Loyal opposition Ha-Satan of Jewry but an actual opposition to Yahweh.

Regards
DL
Skip

Post by Skip »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:22 pm
Skip wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:06 pm When you're that powerful, no morality applies: it's all about preference or whim.
I agree that the word moral does not apply to Yahweh
Okay.
and that the religious are self-centered.
I didn't say that part. Everybody is self-centered - religious, pretend-religious, nominally religious, indifferent, illereligious and mildly or militantly antireligious - everybody. Even dogs and earthworms.
I said gods are powerful enough to make their own morality, or have no morality at all. Whatever morality we have, we make ourselves, for ourselves - and sometimes only for other people. We can't foist any of it on the gods.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Who the fuck is Satan?
Satan is the one who can cheat you blind. I think all religions are made by Him.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:02 am
Who the fuck is Satan?
Satan is the one who can cheat you blind. I think all religions are made by Him.
Cleary you are not very bright.
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:15 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:20 pm Who the fuck is Satan?
Apparently, I am very bright since I am in the state of doubt when it comes to spiritual reality.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

bahman wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:54 pm
Apparently, I am very bright since I am in the state of doubt when it comes to spiritual reality.
What is bright about having doubt?
bahman

Post by bahman »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:54 pm

What is bright about having doubt?
Well, they can play with your mind.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:03 pm Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?
False premise. Sorry.