American election.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: American election.

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 am ...clearly, you think you're seeing something.
Ordinary news coverage. That's all. The riots in Seattle, Portland, Kenosha, and elsewhere are all on TV. Don't you watch news anymore?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:33 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:19 am
And yet, there's no Wokism on the Right, it seems. Lots on the Left, none on the Right. That needs explaining.
Wokies are all about image. They make themselves feel better by painting everyone ELSE as being morally inferior to themselves. Masters of projection and deflection. Masters of social media and virtue-signalling. Shallow. Hypocritical.

The main difference is that wokies will jump on any bandwagon as long as it's fashionable and has virtue-signalling value.
All of that is true, I think. The part I'm having trouble believing, for lack of evidence, is...
Actually wokism has quite a bit in common with what you call the 'right'.

Can you point me to where Right-wing "wokism" is to be found?
You will never understand until you stop fixating on 'left' and 'right'. I think you keep asking me the same thing just to be annoying.
I didn't say there WAS 'right wing' wokism did I? I said both groups of extremists have certain things in common. Why do you read my stuff if you don't understand it? There's really no other way of explaining it to you. I've made it as simple and succinct as is humanly possible (many, many times...).
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 am Can you point me to where Right-wing "wokism" is to be found?
You will never understand...
Yeah, I will. I already do. So just point me to it.

You wrote: "Actually wokism has quite a bit in common with what you call the 'right'."

I'm not denying your claim. I'm not affirming your claim. I'm just asking you to provide your evidence.
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:29 am Can you point me to where Right-wing "wokism" is to be found?

You wrote: "Actually wokism has quite a bit in common with what you call the 'right'."

I'm not denying your claim. I'm not affirming your claim. I'm just asking you to provide your evidence.
What would you call 'evidence'? This isn't a courtroom. Some things are just obvious and don't require 'evidence'. The kristian 'right' is full of hypocrisy. Anyone who takes the moral high ground is going to be a hypocrite by default. A moral pedestal is a very precarious place to sit.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:37 am

What would you call 'evidence'?
Heh. :D I'm not asking you to certify the Biden vote. I'm just asking you to provide the evidence you accept for your own statements. I have no such evidence, and I find your claim surprising...all I want to know is what makes you think it's true.

So please yourself on that: what evidence have you found compelling?
vegetariantaxidermy

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:46 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:37 am

What would you call 'evidence'?
Heh. :D I'm not asking you to certify the Biden vote. I'm just asking you to provide the evidence you accept for your own statements. I have no such evidence, and I find your claim surprising...all I want to know is what makes you think it's true.

So please yourself on that: what evidence have you found compelling?
Oh well. Can't win them all. I have no idea what you would class as 'evidence' and you refuse to say. I'm sure there are plenty on here who do get it. Two in particular who obviously recognise themselves, hence their rage at me :D

Not 'evidence' (because I have a feeling nothing will qualify as that to you) but facts. Fact. BOTH sides believe they are the moral standard bearers for the human race. Both sides aim to force everyone else to live as THEY think they should live. Both sides are judgemental fuckheads.
But in a competition, I think wokism wins hands down on a scale of loathesomeness.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:54 am I have no idea what you would class as 'evidence'
It doesn't matter: I admit I have no such evidence. What is it YOU are accepting as your evidence? That's all I'm asking.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:20 am
Lacewing wrote: There are many paths to the same "places". And not every destination is at it seems. So it would be a lot more truthful for you to question all of it, rather than making up your one-sided stories of good and bad, which unsurprisingly position you on the side of good.
"By Any means possible"

"The ends justify the means."

These are slogans resulting inevitably in collective statist slavery There are many paths leading to statist slavery but just one that can lead to sustaining liberty. Do you know what that is?
What do these slogans have to do with me? I said nothing like that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Speak of the devil :shock:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:28 am
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:34 am ...clearly, you think you're seeing something.
Ordinary news coverage. That's all. The riots in Seattle, Portland, Kenosha, and elsewhere are all on TV. Don't you watch news anymore?
Is that the only news coverage you're aware of?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy to I.C. wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:45 am I said both groups of extremists have certain things in common.
Agreed. Extremists have tunnel-vision on what suits them.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:13 am Is that the only news coverage you're aware of?
No. I watch a whole bunch of different stations and reports. And like anybody who does, I've seen the video of the many riots in the US. I keep wondering where the "Right Wing" agitators are, because they're all Antifa, BLM, and other Leftist radicals.

But you know that too, if you watch any news.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:22 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:06 pm It’s also time for all of us to put on our grownup garb and reach out to each other with a handshake of cooperation.
Before all that, it's time to fix a clearly broken electoral system by nationalizing and standardizing it, return media to the idea of impartiality, break the monopolies held by Google, Facebook and Twitter, and restore voter confidence that whomever they get, it's the guy they actually voted for.

In this case, the worst thing for everyone is uncertainty.
The electoral system is not part of a true democracy. It therefore absolutely must be abolished as the farce it truly is. The Greeks had it right. The originators of the farce that is Americas version of a democracy, you know, those rich slave owners, simply tried to stack the deck to protect themselves, you know, their rich slave ownership.

END THE FARCE THAT IS THE CURRENT AMERICAN DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM AND ADOPT A TRUE DEMOCRACY LIKE THAT OF THOSE THAT CREATED IT, AND IS ACTUALLY WHY WE'RE HERE, THAT IS THOSE TRULY INTERESTED IN PHILOSOPHY, NOT THOSE THAT TREAT THIS FORUM AS SOME KIND OF SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM THAT WOULDN'T KNOW TRUE PHILOSOPHY IF IT BIT THEM ON THE ASS.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

SpheresOfBalance wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:20 pm The electoral system is not part of a true democracy.
How do you have "true democracy" with no "electoral system"? :shock:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:12 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:13 am Is that the only news coverage you're aware of?
No. I watch a whole bunch of different stations and reports. And like anybody who does, I've seen the video of the many riots in the US. I keep wondering where the "Right Wing" agitators are, because they're all Antifa, BLM, and other Leftist radicals.

But you know that too, if you watch any news.
Google it: far-right terrorism, and far-right terror groups

Terrorism has been coming from all directions. You should know that if you're alive and aware.

Of course you can selectively see and retain what serves your ideas and what you need to justify your platform/identity, and then insist that's all there is. But maybe you can try to see beyond that for broader truth.