credibility is bogus

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

credibility is bogus

Post by Advocate »

Watching any political statement, debate, etc. in recent times reveals the word "credibility" as the root of everyone's supposed authority to rule, but credibility is easily faked, easily gamed, and in no sense represents anyone's actual abilities. Credibility is essentially the lowest common denominator of politics - how many people can you fool? Actual merit looks nothing like credibility, it's acceptance by actual experts while the fringe and the public go a different way. As long as politics is driven by the base understanding of the masses, politics is destined to produce worse and worse outcomes until everything implodes.
DanDare

Re: credibility is bogus

Post by DanDare »

Spike Milligan wrote:My uncle was a great man. He told me so himself. He said "I am a great man", and you can't argue with facts like that.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=DanDare post_id=481965 time=1606532186 user_id=11252]
[quote=Spike Milligan]My uncle was a great man. He told me so himself. He said "I am a great man", and you can't argue with facts like that.[/quote]
[/quote]

Seems "credible" and "appropriate" to me. Ugh.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

DanDare wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:56 am
Spike Milligan wrote:My uncle was a great man. He told me so himself. He said "I am a great man", and you can't argue with facts like that.
it worked for Muhammad Ali...

-Imp
DanDare

Post by DanDare »

Impenitent wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:46 pm
DanDare wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:56 am
it worked for Muhammad Ali...

-Imp
;)
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

It’s credible, therefore it is?