personhood

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: personhood

Post by henry quirk »

The example is above, what's pathetic is your inability to read stuff and make sense of it. :)

hey, you how it is for us atavists

Btw do you know what the show is? You wanting to be taken seriously while being only a jester. :) I guess that's why people on this forum keep you around.

nah...what is bein' taken seriously by garbage people worth?

your serious consideration & 87 cents gets me a cup of mediocre coffee at mcdonalds
uwot

Post by uwot »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 pm
uwot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:23 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:38 pmIs it even possible for a sociopath to be religious?
Suppose you frame the question like this: Could a sociopath relate to a being that kills almost every living creature?
First I’d have to ask whether a sociopath could relate to any being other than himself.
That's why sociopaths make gods in their own image. Personally I think anyone who genuinely believes that all human beings are born sinful qualifies as sociopathic.
Atla

Post by Atla »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 pm The example is above, what's pathetic is your inability to read stuff and make sense of it. :)

Btw do you know what the show is? You wanting to be taken seriously while being only a jester. :) I guess that's why people on this forum keep you around.

your serious consideration & 87 cents gets me a cup of mediocre coffee at mcdonalds
Hehe this coming from a guy who is dying to be seen as a big strong independent caveman with a gun. Always babbling about his political views, trying to be taken seriously.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Atla wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 pm The example is above, what's pathetic is your inability to read stuff and make sense of it. :)

Hehe this coming from a guy who is dying to be seen as a big strong independent caveman with a gun. Always babbling about his political views, trying to be taken seriously.
just entertain' the crowd

lord knows you can't
Atla

Post by Atla »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:41 pm

lord knows you can't
or maybe you're in my show now and the lord approves :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Atla wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:50 pm

lord knows you can't
if I've brought some small joy to your empty life: my work is done

go now, lord, pay it forward
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

uwot wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:38 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 pm
uwot wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:23 pm Suppose you frame the question like this: Could a sociopath relate to a being that kills almost every living creature?
First I’d have to ask whether a sociopath could relate to any being other than himself.
That's why sociopaths make gods in their own image. Personally I think anyone who genuinely believes that all human beings are born sinful qualifies as sociopathic.
This sounds to me like many (all?) religions are supported by sociopathic members. Is that consistent with what you said?
Atla

Post by Atla »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:01 pm

lord knows you can't

Thank you good sir, indeed my life is sad and empty and without any real joy, this is the best I can do.

Oh wait no, I told you to get lost, but you insisted on doing a show. :)
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Atla wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Thank you good sir, indeed my life is sad and empty and without any real joy, this is the best I can do.

your dismissal lacked umph

not surprising considerin' your tepidness

anywho: sparrin' is fun but this :clown: got things to do

hold onto your hard-won bon mots till later...
Atla

Post by Atla »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:21 pm

anywho: sparrin' is fun but this :clown: got things to do

The umphs are reserved for grown-ups, we don't smite fragile little cavemen with those.
uwot

Post by uwot »

commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pmThis sounds to me like many (all?) religions are supported by sociopathic members. Is that consistent with what you said?
I would be surprised if a link between sociopathy and atheism could be established. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone's views on religion necessarily tell you anything more than their views on religion. I doubt it is a coincidence that, for example Henry Quirk's 'Crom' is a fuck off and leave me alone kinda god, or Mr Can's 'Supreme Being' is a self-righteous, petty minded bigot, but I only know these gods match their creators' characteristics because Henry Quirk and Mr Can have made it abundantly clear that they are just like their gods.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Atla wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:30 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:21 pm

anywho: sparrin' is fun but this :clown: got things to doz

The umphs are reserved for grown-ups, we don't smite fragile little cavemen with those.
come change my diaper
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

uwot wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:35 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pmThis sounds to me like many (all?) religions are supported by sociopathic members. Is that consistent with what you said?
I would be surprised if a link between sociopathy and atheism could be established. Quite honestly, I don't think anyone's views on religion necessarily tell you anything more than their views on religion. I doubt it is a coincidence that, for example Henry Quirk's 'Crom' is a fuck off and leave me alone kinda god, or Mr Can's 'Supreme Being' is a self-righteous, petty minded bigot, but I only know these gods match their creators' characteristics because Henry Quirk and Mr Can have made it abundantly clear that they are just like their gods.
nah
bahman

Post by bahman »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm what is a person?
Sum of mind and body.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

When slaves were being auctioned by weight they were not considered to be persons.