There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:07 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:42 pm

That is your belief,
But thee 'I' does NOT have ANY beliefs. Therefore, this is NOT and can NOT be my belief, logically.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:42 pm according to you people rarely change their beliefs thus "the only one that you are 'trying to' fool and deceive here is "your" OWN 'self'. And, you seem to be doing a EXCELLENT job of that."

I suggest that if a claim is made, then at least there is some thing which can be used to back up and support the claim, BEFORE the claim is actually made. So,

'who' and/or 'what', EXACTLY, are "you people", as was written in the claim made by the one known as "edonhoj7"?
Provide the context of the statement.
You were the one who made the statement. Therefore, AND OBVIOUSLY, you are the one who ALREADY KNOWS the context of the statement.

So, if you like you can provide the context of the statement, and/or then clarify and answer my clarifying question.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:13 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:07 am

But thee 'I' does NOT have ANY beliefs. Therefore, this is NOT and can NOT be my belief, logically.




I suggest that if a claim is made, then at least there is some thing which can be used to back up and support the claim, BEFORE the claim is actually made. So,

'who' and/or 'what', EXACTLY, are "you people", as was written in the claim made by the one known as "edonhoj7"?
Provide the context of the statement.
You were the one who made the statement. Therefore, AND OBVIOUSLY, you are the one who ALREADY KNOWS the context of the statement.

So, if you like you can provide the context of the statement, and/or then clarify and answer my clarifying question.
No you can apply the context by pointing to where I said it.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:13 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 am
Provide the context of the statement.
You were the one who made the statement. Therefore, AND OBVIOUSLY, you are the one who ALREADY KNOWS the context of the statement.

So, if you like you can provide the context of the statement, and/or then clarify and answer my clarifying question.
No you can apply the context by pointing to where I said it.
You said 'it' in the quote, which I replied to.

But I just read what you wrote, again, and now take back what I wrote.

But, to reply to your statement; What you claim is NOT true at all.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 am
Age wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:13 am

You were the one who made the statement. Therefore, AND OBVIOUSLY, you are the one who ALREADY KNOWS the context of the statement.

So, if you like you can provide the context of the statement, and/or then clarify and answer my clarifying question.
No you can apply the context by pointing to where I said it.
You said 'it' in the quote, which I replied to.

But I just read what you wrote, again, and now take back what I wrote.

But, to reply to your statement; What you claim is NOT true at all.
That is an assertion. Saying something is untrue does not make it in fact untrue. However even under the circumstances it is untrue, the fact it exists as part of the universe makes it true.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 am

No you can apply the context by pointing to where I said it.
You said 'it' in the quote, which I replied to.

But I just read what you wrote, again, and now take back what I wrote.

But, to reply to your statement; What you claim is NOT true at all.
That is an assertion.
Your assertion here is correct.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pmSaying something is untrue does not make it in fact untrue.
And to make this actually factually, or even more, true; Saying some thing does not make it, NECESSARILY, true. This is because just saying some thing some times does make 'it' in fact true.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm However even under the circumstances it is untrue, the fact it exists as part of the universe makes it true.
Therefore, according to your own "logic" here, whatever is said, no matter it is, because it exists as part of the Universe, then this makes it true, correct?
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm
Age wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:21 pm

You said 'it' in the quote, which I replied to.

But I just read what you wrote, again, and now take back what I wrote.

But, to reply to your statement; What you claim is NOT true at all.
That is an assertion.
Your assertion here is correct.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pmSaying something is untrue does not make it in fact untrue.
And to make this actually factually, or even more, true; Saying some thing does not make it, NECESSARILY, true. This is because just saying some thing some times does make 'it' in fact true.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm However even under the circumstances it is untrue, the fact it exists as part of the universe makes it true.
Therefore, according to your own "logic" here, whatever is said, no matter it is, because it exists as part of the Universe, then this makes it true, correct?
It is true as existing.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm
That is an assertion.
Your assertion here is correct.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pmSaying something is untrue does not make it in fact untrue.
And to make this actually factually, or even more, true; Saying some thing does not make it, NECESSARILY, true. This is because just saying some thing some times does make 'it' in fact true.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:30 pm However even under the circumstances it is untrue, the fact it exists as part of the universe makes it true.
Therefore, according to your own "logic" here, whatever is said, no matter it is, because it exists as part of the Universe, then this makes it true, correct?
It is true as existing.
And it is true that what is said is NOT necessarily true at all. Just like what you said before was NOT true at all.
surreptitious57
Posts: 4222
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by surreptitious57 »

A false statement is as much a part of the Universe as a true statement is
The important thing here is the fact that both types of statements can exist regardless of anything else
A false statement is false in relation to the statement itself but not in relation to the fact that it exists
A true statement is true in relation to the statement itself and also in relation to the fact that it exists

Also saying that something is true or false does not actually make it so since it will be true or false anyway
Saying it is is simply stating a fact or opinion about the thing in question which has no bearing on it as such
Something is not more or less real simply because human beings make true or false statements about it since they are not conditional to its existence
Saying water is wet for example does not make it wet as water is wet anyway and was wet long before the existence of minds or invention of language
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

surreptitious57 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm A false statement is as much a part of the Universe as a true statement is
The important thing here is the fact that both types of statements can exist regardless of anything else
A false statement is false in relation to the statement itself but not in relation to the fact that it exists
A true statement is true in relation to the statement itself and also in relation to the fact that it exists

Also saying that something is true or false does not actually make it so since it will be true or false anyway
In agreement for the most part.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 pm
Age wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 am

Your assertion here is correct.



And to make this actually factually, or even more, true; Saying some thing does not make it, NECESSARILY, true. This is because just saying some thing some times does make 'it' in fact true.



Therefore, according to your own "logic" here, whatever is said, no matter it is, because it exists as part of the Universe, then this makes it true, correct?
It is true as existing.
And it is true that what is said is NOT necessarily true at all. Just like what you said before was NOT true at all.
And what did I say before which was not true at all?
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am
Age wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:44 pm
It is true as existing.
And it is true that what is said is NOT necessarily true at all. Just like what you said before was NOT true at all.
And what did I say before which was not true at all?
according to you people rarely change their beliefs.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am
Age wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm

And it is true that what is said is NOT necessarily true at all. Just like what you said before was NOT true at all.
And what did I say before which was not true at all?
according to you people rarely change their beliefs.
That is according to you if you reread your posts.
Age
Posts: 5280
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 am
Age wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am

And what did I say before which was not true at all?
according to you people rarely change their beliefs.
That is according to you if you reread your posts.
LOL You are joking right?

If you want to make such a claim, then it is up to you to back up and support your claim with actual evidence. If you do NOT, then do NOT expect me, nor any one "else" to 'find' what you allege and claim is there.

You NOT actually providing a link to where I have, supposedly, said such a thing and you neither providing an actual quote of mine saying such a thing probably reveals what thee actual Truth really IS.

Now, if you reread my posts, then what you will actually find is NOT what you claim here. I have NEVER even thought what you claimed here, let alone have even suggested it in my writings, let alone have even written it any where.

Unless, of course, you can actually PROVE otherwise. So, we will just have to wait, and see, if you actually can.
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 6253
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: There is No Distinction Between Appearances and Things in Themselves

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:39 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 am
Age wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22 am

according to you people rarely change their beliefs.
That is according to you if you reread your posts.
LOL You are joking right?

If you want to make such a claim, then it is up to you to back up and support your claim with actual evidence. If you do NOT, then do NOT expect me, nor any one "else" to 'find' what you allege and claim is there.

You NOT actually providing a link to where I have, supposedly, said such a thing and you neither providing an actual quote of mine saying such a thing probably reveals what thee actual Truth really IS.

Now, if you reread my posts, then what you will actually find is NOT what you claim here. I have NEVER even thought what you claimed here, let alone have even suggested it in my writings, let alone have even written it any where.

Unless, of course, you can actually PROVE otherwise. So, we will just have to wait, and see, if you actually can.
Page 3 second post down:

"Rarely will the adult human being ever admit that they are wrong or incorrect. They will also rarely, again if ever, even just realize that if they just changed their thinking a little bit, then they would be closer to seeing and understanding what thee actual Truth of things IS. They much prefer to HOLD ON to the thoughts that they have 'now', and 'try' absolutely ANY thing to "justify" those thoughts, rather than just admit that the thoughts they have now might just be wrong and might just need some changing, and/or fine tuning."

Page 3, 3rd post down as a quotation of you:

". As I say, adult human beings will 'try' absolutely ANY thing to "justify" and back up and support their ALREADY HELD BELIEFS, instead of changing and looking at things differently"
Post Reply