Trump - a puzzling enigma

For philosophical reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic. How can philosophy help us to understand it, to combat it and to survive it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Trump - a puzzling enigma

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 am
Belinda:
DAM that is all very well and in the metaphysical discourse I agree with your thesis. However doesn't a man have to appreciate and enjoy his own ego self before he can do any good? I mean, a man has to want good to happen.For example, is it not DAM's own ego self that writes to this forum?
Good only happens in the story as it is written by no one aka (this mysterious ghostwriter, pen in hand). All story telling is just a perception objectified, the object aka (story teller) in and of itself that appears to exist independently of it being perceived cannot by definition ever be perceived in its imagined totality. For that which is perceived cannot perceive, there is only HERE perception of I, aka an imagined thing, and this things whole existence is sourced in its own imagination and belief.
There is no person writing on this forum, there's just the perception of the action of a person writing on this forum, aka a temporal appearance upon the ever eternal now screen of awareness.
Egos selves are just the story characters within the dream of separation in this illusory space time duality...aka a dream story within the whole book of life that can never be separated from it's content, aka stories.

And to get back on topic, yes its all a very a puzzling enigma this human story, all made up from imagination what ever that is.

That which is never ceases to be. That which is not never comes into existence.

We have to accept our beliefs and know what they are in reality, namely just gobshite. We are nothing without our story, and we all love or hate a good story.

Yes. But there would exist no knowledge of the eternal unless there were also egoselves to tell each other stories about it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Trump today:
"I always knew he virus was infectious and deadly. I knew that weeks before the first confirmed death."

FFS
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 am
That which is never ceases to be. That which is not never comes into existence.

This means something that doesn’t exist ceases to exist, and something that has always existed didn’t always exist.

Aaaaagh!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:35 pm Trump today:
"I always knew he virus was infectious and deadly. I knew that weeks before the first confirmed death."

FFS
Like i said earlier, he's just playing the ''POLITICAL GAME''...but deep down he knows what's really going on, just like we all do but are too afraid to think our real thoughts out loud for fear of what other people might think or believe about them.

The truth is within ALL OF US, and should be silently stored there, for THIS is the only place of any real relief, refuge or sanity.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FFS
0C4FA7E2-41CF-40FC-AD3A-4264FC568DED.png
0C4FA7E2-41CF-40FC-AD3A-4264FC568DED.png (41 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:43 pm

FFS
Fauci et al lied in March. What they wouldn’t say was that since there were too few masks to go around, only healthcare workers, first responders and essential workers should wear them. Ironically, the scientists did not trust the general public not to deplete the supply of available masks. Later they changed their story to the truth and claimed that scientific knowledge had changed.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:32 am Yes. But there would exist no knowledge of the eternal unless there were also egoselves to tell each other stories about it.
The idea eternal is also a story, one that is on constant repeat, it's just another known concept, another dream story that has no on or off switch.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

In one of these Trump- or Covid-related threads, HQ and Lace we’re going back and forth about credible sources of reporting v. edited clips.

I wanted to ask when I’m going to hear the actual Woodward tapes on C-Span.

Also, I’m wondering if C-Span maintains a degree of editorial control by deciding which raw footage is selected for public view.

Subtle, but very deceptive choices can skew public opinions.
henry quirk

Fauci et al lied in March.

Post by henry quirk »

yes, he did

nobody seems to care much

why?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:11 pm

FFS
Like i said earlier, he's just playing the ''POLITICAL GAME''...but deep down he knows what's really going on, just like we all do but are too afraid to think our real thoughts out loud for fear of what other people might think or believe about them.

The truth is within ALL OF US, and should be silently stored there, for THIS is the only place of any real relief, refuge or sanity.
Some supporters say he's playing the political game... when it suits them to say so.
Some supporters say he's NOT playing the political game... when it suits them to say so.
You say "deep down" he knows what's really going on, just like we all do... which says nothing.
What matters is the awareness we each utilize right here, right now.
He's nothing more than any of us. It's absurd to idolize him. He is a puppet of his own ego.
He does not play any game well and he demonstrates no significant honor.
He's mentally erratic and would be nothing without the benefits of the position he was born into.
The ridicule he receives is because he deserves it, NOT for some absurd reason that suggests it's hate for his "greatness".
He emboldens mindless rage and division.
He is creating war and destruction.
People who feel validity from being on "sides", see him as affirming their identity and rightness.

IF ANY NON-REPUBLICAN SAID AND DID ALL OF THE ATROCIOUS AND IGNORANT STUFF THAT TRUMP HAS SAID AND DONE, DO YOU THINK REPUBLICANS WOULD BE SINGING THAT PERSON'S PRAISES... talking about how well they're playing the game?

The only way to see clearly is to get off the platforms and stop idolizing. Trump does not represent anyone but himself. His supporters have become pawns to herald his glory. Why would anyone stoop themselves to be that for him or anyone? NO ONE deserves such adulation and unquestioning support and excuses.

Such a parade of madness leads us WHERE exactly?
Last edited by Lacewing on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:56 pm In one of these Trump- or Covid-related threads, HQ and Lace we’re going back and forth about credible sources of reporting v. edited clips.

Also, I’m wondering if C-Span maintains a degree of editorial control by deciding which raw footage is selected for public view.

Exactly.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

when woodward allows it...the tapes are his

why not go to the site, or tune in on the tv or radio, and assess it for yourself?

true: so go judge for yourself
Lacewing

Re: Fauci et al lied in March.

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 pm yes, he did

why?
Your focus/conclusion (as usual) is distorted and self-serving.

I didn't believe any of them. It made no sense that they needed to reserve the limited supply of masks for medical care workers, but the rest of Americans magically "DIDN'T NEED THEM". I could see they were all under pressure to support a united front. It's not that hard to think for yourself and observe from a detached, non-dependent space.

WE ARE ON OUR OWN.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:57 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 pm yes, he did

why?
Your focus/conclusion (as usual) is distorted and self-serving.

I didn't believe any of them. It made no sense that they needed to reserve the limited supply of masks for medical care workers, but the rest of Americans magically "DIDN'T NEED THEM". I could see they were all under pressure to support a united front. It's not that hard to think for yourself and observe from a detached, non-dependent space.

WE ARE ON OUR OWN.
I don't care, lace.

but, common might...
commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:43 pm

FFS
Fauci et al lied in March. What they wouldn’t say was that since there were too few masks to go around, only healthcare workers, first responders and essential workers should wear them. Ironically, the scientists did not trust the general public not to deplete the supply of available masks. Later they changed their story to the truth and claimed that scientific knowledge had changed.
...so take it up with him
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:04 pm I don't care, lace.
Obviously... even though you asked a question.

And I'm obviously talking to more people than you.