What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4475
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:50 am
If you were smarter you'd know.
I can't waste my time on you.
You are a lost cause.
Oh, the irony from my POV. (there is another thread for ad hominems btw.)

Now here is Wisdom.

Two men, on par with intelligence and knowledge:
Man A = atheist
Man B = theist

Indeed the ONLY difference between the two with regard to their reasoning and pursuit of knowledge is that Man B understands that it is wise to believe that there is a God and live his life accordingly, knowing that there may be consequences beyond man's 'justice', indeed, there may be the POSSIBILITY of greater insight.

Which of the two men has the POTENTIAL for greater knowledge?

WHICH ONE IS THE WISER OF THE TWO?
Please refer to the Internet for a definition of ad hominem.
Duh. I know perfectly well what it means - stating that i am a 'lost cause' and failing to address my statement fits.

Clearly I have won this thread after you took the bait. Of course your inflated ego won't allow you to admit failure, and you haven't the intelligence to understand what wisdom is.

Thanks for playing. Atto for da win!! :D
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Harbal »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:28 pm Thanks for playing. Atto for da win!! :D
I think it's customary for an impartial third party to declare the winner in such situations. It's the only way the other fella has at least a fighting chance of winning.
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:58 pm
attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:28 pm Thanks for playing. Atto for da win!! :D
I think it's customary for an impartial third party to declare the winner in such situations. It's the only way the other fella has at least a fighting chance of winning.
I think I preferred it when I left the Forum for a month.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:25 pm
I think I preferred it when I left the Forum for a month.
Fish Pie probably preferred it as well. :)
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:29 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:25 pm
I think I preferred it when I left the Forum for a month.
Fish Pie probably preferred it as well. :)
He's wasted nu time in stalking me. I think he fancies me.
User avatar
Harbal
Posts: 4359
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Yorkshire
Contact:

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Harbal »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 pm I think he fancies me.
And who can blame him. :)

And let's be honest, his sort brings out the best in you. You love it. :)
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Sculptor »

Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 pm I think he fancies me.
And who can blame him. :)

And let's be honest, his sort brings out the best in you. You love it. :)
Well every time I post he's right up my arse. What can a guy do?
User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 4475
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:31 pm I think he fancies me.
And who can blame him. :)

And let's be honest, his sort brings out the best in you. You love it. :)
Well every time I post he's right up my arse. What can a guy do?
Thought you would have worked it out, though in the literal sense impossible, I have scalped you twice now - GOING FOR THE HAT TRICK!!
User avatar
Sculptor
Posts: 2351
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: What is Wisdom in Atheist Philosophy?

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:35 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:27 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:36 pm

And who can blame him. :)

And let's be honest, his sort brings out the best in you. You love it. :)
Well every time I post he's right up my arse. What can a guy do?
Thought you would have worked it out, though in the literal sense impossible, I have scalped you twice now - GOING FOR THE HAT TRICK!!
Odd I still have all my hair.
Post Reply