Trump's Joke: 12 More Years

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Trump's Joke: 12 More Years

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:03 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:08 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:52 pm Why didn't Trump give a shit about another unlawful killing? .

Amazing.

Trump, and his administration, decry, publicly, police over-reach and abuse and you think he does just the opposite.

Google c-span: it's news without the commentary.
Last I heard, Trump was talking about police giving criminals an extra little bump on the head or something as they put them into the patrol cars. I wasn't aware Trump has made any public statements decrying police brutality. I thought he was all pro-police or something.
I think you'll find even a simple creature can favor police while at the same time note the need for improvement among police.
Judging from interviews I've seen, he appears to be more critical of people protesting police brutality than of police using excessive force. I don't know where you're getting the idea that he places any kind of stress on improvement from the police. He tells Laura Ingraham that when they kill an unarmed person, it's like a pro golfer "choking"on a 3 foot golf putt. Bascially, he's asking people to excuse police behavior, that much seems pretty obvious from his comments. I think you're stretching things a bit here trying to excuse his behavior.

And did you see him push the leader of Montenegro out of the way during a NATO summit a couple years back? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIdrTSjzGKY

Pretty embarrassing. He treats our allies worse than he does countries actively working against us.

Isn't play time over? Can't we move on and elect a more mannered and stately person to represent us all? Or when is enough enough when it comes to just "sticking it to liberals"?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Judging from interviews I've seen, he appears to be more critical of people protesting police brutality than of police using excessive force.

I reckon he's said little about peaceful protestors (of which, currently, there are damned few) and a lot about rioters.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that he places any kind of stress on improvement from the police.

There's a lot of unedited footage on the c-span site.

He tells Laura Ingraham that when they kill an unarmed person, it's like a pro golfer "choking"on a 3 foot golf putt. Bascially, he's asking people to excuse police behavior, that much seems pretty obvious from his comments. I think you're stretching things a bit here trying to excuse his behavior. )

I think you're bein' spoon-fed blips and bites.

Isn't play time over? Can't we move on and elect a more mannered and stately person to represent us all?

Who you got in mind?
Last edited by henry quirk on Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:28 am Isn't play time over? Can't we move on and elect a more mannered and stately person to represent us all?

Who you got in mind?
Tulsi Gabbard
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:33 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:28 am Isn't play time over? Can't we move on and elect a more mannered and stately person to represent us all?

Who you got in mind?
Tulsi Gabbard
Ask the the dems why they dumped her.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:34 am

Who you got in mind?
Tulsi Gabbard
So in protest that the Dems screwed up, you're going to vote for Trump? Even Biden (though far from ideal) at least has better informed advisers. Why vote for the worst because you can't have the better? Trump's entire platform is nothing but spite for "liberals". He literally has nothing else to offer. Is that how you want to vote, out of hatred and spite? there's nothing positive or constructive in that.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:22 am

Tulsi Gabbard
So in protest that the Dems screwed up, you're going to vote for Trump? Even Biden (though far from ideal) at least has better informed advisers. Why vote for the worst because you can't have the better? Trump's entire platform is nothing but spite for "liberals". He literally has nothing else to offer. Is that how you want to vote, out of hatred and spite? there's nothing positive or constructive in that.
I don't think atto is votin' from Trump: why would you think he is?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 am

I'm not talking to Atto. I was responding to your post. Or are you not going to vote for Trump?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:01 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:29 am

I'm not talking to Atto. I was responding to your post. Or are you not going to vote for Trump?
I'm votin' for Trump in Nov., same as I did in '16, and it ain't got nuthin' to do with Gabbard.

I think mebbe you're a bit confused about who sayin' what to who in this thread.

Might wanna review it.