Has Britain Become a Territory?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Systematic

Has Britain Become a Territory?

Post by Systematic »

The UK remains subject to EU law and remains part of the EU customs union and single market during the transition, but is no longer part of the EU's political bodies or institutions.

Read that after googling this: Is Britain still part of the EU?

If it is just a transition (that is temporary), it might not be a problem.
But if you don't get out of that transition soon, you're basically a territory now Britain.
Trust me. You won't like being a territory. :(
gaffo

Re: Has Britain Become a Territory?

Post by gaffo »

Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am The UK remains subject to EU law and remains part of the EU customs union and single market during the transition, but is no longer part of the EU's political bodies or institutions.

Both parties the Brits and Euros value the principle of The Rule of Law, so ya, both sides affirm the rule of law and the wet side (the dumb side - the brits IMO) are leaving under it and the process of leaving shall be honoured by both sides.

Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am But if you don't get out of that transition soon, you're basically a territory now Britain.
???????

under the Brits - I'm an American BTW - their are several (3?) levels to "belonging to "the kingdom" of the UK.

1. United Kingdom (BTW - after Brexit, the brits - cutting their noses off to spite their faces - can kiss Scottland and Northern Ireland GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!! within a decade................I would include Wales too per centiment, but she is more integrated into "England" than the other two.

Yes I am an American, but know much about the difference between:

1. England
2. United Kingdom
3. Dominions of the UK

I do welcome discussion Sir - Ireland (the 80 percent not NI) - left - SORT of the UK (so ya no longer part of the United Kingdom after 1924?/Mickeal Collins (not fking Irish - i know the general facts, but any irish with knowledge i welcome input here) while still part of the "dominion" of the United Kingdom.

I know that the 80-percent not NI then later left as as a British Dominion, around 1950? - per formal declairation via legal document (for in the real world my horse sense is that "dominion" is face saving paper construct (but i affirm Rule of Law - paper or army - so all of Ireland was a part of "Britian" - via her dominion at the time)) - then the lower 80 percent left the United Kingdom as no longer a Dominion, but as fully an independant nation.

per understanding of actual legalism/fact of history, the Isle of Man is not recognized as part of a land outside of England (not part of the UK) - the UK IS (as i said before the UK IS currently England/Scottland/1/4 of the Northern part of Irelend - within 10 yrs the UK will be England only (ys due to Brexit and Brexit soley). Isle of Man is a person possession of the English Monarchy.

Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am Trust me. You won't like being a territory. :(
interesting self disclosure on your part, so you are a person living in a territory.

where? interested.

BTW the Brits that voted for Brexit were all "Gammons" - old ignorant fuckers - dreaming of the "olden days of empire" - just like the loser Trumper here in my land. same old loser mindset.

EU in the ideal is a unified Europe, where the nations of europe become as the States of my America. and good - IMO - since nationalism started both world wars.

so the brits chose their pride - ego - "lost pride over a former empire, where the sun never set" (and damn right UK was THE EMPIRE of the a hundred yrs ago, so reason for pride)

but that ship sailed by 1940, as it will for America (fuck its been setting here in my land for 20 yrs now - starting with Bush the moron and Iraqnam) - only Gammons (in the East and West - still Gammons) deny facts.

Brits fucked themselves via Gammon pinheaded mentality of former empire - over staying in the EU.

2-cents.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Gaffo, I definitely think you should write your posting up as a full-length article and send it to The Guardian newspaper. They would almost certainly publish it and it shows greater insight and analysis than most of their Brexit coverage.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

RickLewis wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:26 am Gaffo, I definitely think you should write your posting up as a full-length article and send it to The Guardian newspaper. They would almost certainly publish it and it shows greater insight and analysis than most of their Brexit coverage.
:lol: Edit: Sorry Gaffo. It made me laugh. No offense.

Edit 2: You could be kinder to our ally though.
Last edited by Systematic on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Systematic

Post by Systematic »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 am
Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am The UK remains subject to EU law and remains part of the EU customs union and single market during the transition, but is no longer part of the EU's political bodies or institutions.

Both parties the Brits and Euros value the principle of The Rule of Law, so ya, both sides affirm the rule of law and the wet side (the dumb side - the brits IMO) are leaving under it and the process of leaving shall be honoured by both sides.

Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am But if you don't get out of that transition soon, you're basically a territory now Britain.
???????

under the Brits - I'm an American BTW - their are several (3?) levels to "belonging to "the kingdom" of the UK.

1. United Kingdom (BTW - after Brexit, the brits - cutting their noses off to spite their faces - can kiss Scottland and Northern Ireland GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!!! within a decade................I would include Wales too per centiment, but she is more integrated into "England" than the other two.

Yes I am an American, but know much about the difference between:

1. England
2. United Kingdom
3. Dominions of the UK

I do welcome discussion Sir - Ireland (the 80 percent not NI) - left - SORT of the UK (so ya no longer part of the United Kingdom after 1924?/Mickeal Collins (not fking Irish - i know the general facts, but any irish with knowledge i welcome input here) while still part of the "dominion" of the United Kingdom.

I know that the 80-percent not NI then later left as as a British Dominion, around 1950? - per formal declairation via legal document (for in the real world my horse sense is that "dominion" is face saving paper construct (but i affirm Rule of Law - paper or army - so all of Ireland was a part of "Britian" - via her dominion at the time)) - then the lower 80 percent left the United Kingdom as no longer a Dominion, but as fully an independant nation.

per understanding of actual legalism/fact of history, the Isle of Man is not recognized as part of a land outside of England (not part of the UK) - the UK IS (as i said before the UK IS currently England/Scottland/1/4 of the Northern part of Irelend - within 10 yrs the UK will be England only (ys due to Brexit and Brexit soley). Isle of Man is a person possession of the English Monarchy.

Systematic wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:57 am Trust me. You won't like being a territory. :(
interesting self disclosure on your part, so you are a person living in a territory.

where? interested.

BTW the Brits that voted for Brexit were all "Gammons" - old ignorant fuckers - dreaming of the "olden days of empire" - just like the loser Trumper here in my land. same old loser mindset.

EU in the ideal is a unified Europe, where the nations of europe become as the States of my America. and good - IMO - since nationalism started both world wars.

so the brits chose their pride - ego - "lost pride over a former empire, where the sun never set" (and damn right UK was THE EMPIRE of the a hundred yrs ago, so reason for pride)

but that ship sailed by 1940, as it will for America (fuck its been setting here in my land for 20 yrs now - starting with Bush the moron and Iraqnam) - only Gammons (in the East and West - still Gammons) deny facts.

Brits fucked themselves via Gammon pinheaded mentality of former empire - over staying in the EU.

2-cents.
I just meant that territories usually get a bad deal. I live in Michigan, but if I were born in Puerto Rico, I wouldn't have the benefit of being a U.S. citizen. But I would still legally be subject to U.S. laws and to its corporations. For example, I wouldn't be able to vote--at all--in U.S. congressional/presidential elections.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

I just meant that territories usually get a bad deal. I live in Michigan, but if I were born in Puerto Rico, I wouldn't have the benefit of being a U.S. citizen. But I would still legally be subject to U.S. laws and to its corporations. For example, I wouldn't be able to vote--at all--in U.S. congressional/presidential elections.

Yes territories do get a bad deal, almost al\ways the native are denied citizenship - or at best granted a sort of "limbo-ship".

so you a Michiganer? ay? - my mind from your post was more toward PR or similar. thanks for clarifiying.

never been up there, but wish to go there next year - esp the "upper finger"? - listen to Ninna Instead's "Already Gone" murder podcast these last 3 yrs now. good show.

per PR, since 1921 via Supreme Court rulling - i.e. all former spanish folks concoured by american vis the Sapnish americna war in 1898 are fully American citizens. so your above is incorrect, all PRs are Americans living in an American Territory with fully travel to the Ameican States and vise versa - no vise required.

they lack proper representation in congress though sadly. and their legal system is fucked up (only learned of this recently - they do not have the right to a jury trial) - so that is fully fucked up per proper full rights as an Ameircan Citizen.

PR can and do have a vote in the prez elections - since 1921.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 am ................

This is a philosophy forum, not facebook. This sort of thoughtless and ignorant post belongs on your personal page somewhere. Here it just makes you seem uneducated.

Most forums have moderators to deal with this sort of nonsense.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

PeteJ wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:59 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:06 am ................

This is a philosophy forum, not facebook. This sort of thoughtless and ignorant post belongs on your personal page somewhere. Here it just makes you seem uneducated.

Most forums have moderators to deal with this sort of nonsense.
Thankfully Mod a is a wise fellow - we have conversed a few times since i've been here. Mod i is the other moderator, i've not had the pleasure of speaking to him as yet.

Mod A allows liberty of speech and thought - in fact when i joined here i posted that i did not like mods at all, cutting my teeth in unmoderated usenet newgroups decades ago.

mod a has not shown a bias against me for not liking mods in principle. to date................

did my post strike a nerve? do tell.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

gaffo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:15 am did my post strike a nerve? do tell.
It's not my nerves that are the problem but my dislike for hate speech. There's no need for it. It tells us more about you that you tell us about Brexit.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

PeteJ wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:38 pm
gaffo wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:15 am did my post strike a nerve? do tell.
It's not my nerves that are the problem but my dislike for hate speech. There's no need for it. It tells us more about you that you tell us about Brexit.
Oh i see, Gammon is now hate speech.

per chance are you a Gammon? or just a "snowflake" in general?

buck up buttercup, if you are a Brexter, you are a Gammon and its not "hate speech" (and you know what that is - N-word, Chin-word, Wo-word, Dag-0- word Kik - word.

so buck up bubba, you are not really a snowflake are you?

or are you?

deal with - deal or be a hypocrite bubba.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

I prefer sites that are moderated, and this is the reason.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

PeteJ wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:10 am I prefer sites that are moderated, and this is the reason.
Don't worry about it, Gaffo is almost always drunk and feeling sorry for himself when he posts. That's why he has to write "I am not an asshole" and "I'm not a pussy" so often; because those are the things his wife is screeching at him as she hides behind a locked toilet door.