Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: ace

Post by RCSaunders »

Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:58 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:52 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:40 am
Is it the idiom itself , or is it the typical content of the idiom that offends? If it is the content alone that is offensive you could use the idiom as a medium for your own message.
What, "idiom?" It's just noise. If you've ever worked in a factory where machines make constant repeated painfully annoying meaningless sounds, that's "rap." There is something essentially wrong with intentionally abusing one's self with meaningless noise.
But rhythm is the most important function of music.This is true historically and psychologically. Rhythm is more basic to music than pitch, melody, or harmony.

What is wrong with "intentionally abusing yourself"?
If a human life does not matter, than I suppose there is nothing wrong with abusing it. Is that your view?
henry quirk

Re: Evolving philosophy

Post by henry quirk »

What is wrong with "intentionally abusing yourself"?

nuthin' on the surface of it, but: if you'll abuse yourself that's a pretty good indicator you'll abuse someone else

self-abuse, by the way, is not synonymous with self-inuring, though, from the outside it can be hard to tell the difference
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:22 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:52 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:54 pm If you have your way, they'll never be anything more than quivering little victims terrified of everything the comes along, form the latest virus to the latest environmental catastrophe.
Again with the absurd extremism? It's so ridiculously dishonest! You know that, right?
Dishonest? Well, I suppose I could pretend my feelings mattered and that I'm only expressing my heart-felt compassion for others, but that really would be dishonest.
It's dishonest that you say "If you had your way... blah, blah, blah" -- attributing your skewed extremist nonsense to me.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 pm You just can't help telling other people what to do, can you? That is the real difference in our view. All I've done is tell you what I believe is true, I'm not telling you what to believe or do.
Of course, I can help it. I'm giving you suggestions in response to your absurd extremism. Understand... I don't take you seriously... I'm just having fun calling you out for making up and spewing such obvious nonsense.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 pmIf you really believe my view is distorted or limited, that's my problem, isn't it. I have no idea why it bothers you so much.
Why do you think it bothers me "so much"? We're on a forum, and I'm responding to the things you say. It's very simple. Do you think that no one should comment or have fun responding to the outrageous and untrue things you say? You're not the only one playing here.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 pm I am no threat to you or your views
You flatter yourself if you think that your opinion means much to me. :lol: I've commented because your statements seem stupid and dishonest. But, like you said, maybe that's what you really believe.
RCSaunders wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:26 pmMy only obligation in that area is to be polite and treat others as rational beings
Which is not what you're doing... but maybe you really don't know any better.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:38 pm
Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:05 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:24 pm I know what human potential is, and it does sadden me some to see most of humanity squander their lives in the pursuit of that which can never satisfy them.
According to who?

Can you imagine that what they're doing is exactly the dance they came into this life to experience/do -- however herky-jerky it might appear -- and might THAT be a form of artwork? THEIR artwork. Not everyone appreciates/sees artwork in everything... but what if you did?
No. I believe every human being is a volitional being who must consciously choose everything he does, not some kind of marionettes performing some kind of unchosen, "dance."
That's not what I said. You really can't help but skew everything to some distorted view in your head, can you? :lol:

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:45 pm
Age wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:57 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm
Because responsibility only pertains to choice.
But to be of real value and benefit to "others", as you talk about, then one would have to take note of their neighbors' lives and business, correct?

How could one be of real value and benefit to "another" if one kept out of their neighbor's life and business completely?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm One is only responsible for what they can an do choose to do.
But people can accept and take responsibility for their past choices, correct?

If yes, then they can be responsible for their past choices, AS WELL.
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm Every individual has their own mind
This would depend on what the 'Mind' actually IS.
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm and must make their own choices and is responsible only for the choices they make.
At what age do you propose this happens at?
You just can't help it, can you.
What does the 'it' here refer to, EXACTLY?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm You cannot talk about anything without turning into some kind of personal thing.
I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY you persist going down this line of thinking EVERY TIME I just ask you to CLARIFY what you say in regards to what you have learned and do do.

It is like you are 'trying' things to deflect away from just answering the clarifying question/s.

You are TELLING US that if we want to be of value to "others", then we MUST learn how, and then make the effort to actually produce a product or perform a service that will actually benefit people.

But if you can NOT or will NOT clarify and/or explain what 'it' is exactly, which you say we MUST learn, then we OBVIOUSLY will NOT be able to do what you say we MUST then make.

OBVIOUSLY, what you say we MUST learn, and then do, would the EXACT SAME thing for EVERY one. So, either you have learned 'this' (whatever that is) and are doing it "your" 'self', or you have NOT. Now, if you have, then WHY NOT share 'it' with us?

But if you have NOT YET learned 'it', and/or are NOT YET doing 'this', then HOW do you KNOW that we MUST learn 'this' AND do 'this'?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm Quite frankly what I have done and produced are none of your business and totally irrelevant to the issue.
LOL So, you allege and claim WE MUST do the things you do, BUT then TELL US what you do IS IRRELEVANT.

Are you joking here?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:34 pm I have lived my entire life by that principle and do not have to explain any of that to you.
You are CORRECT; You do NOT have to explain 'that', NOR explain absolutely ANY thing else to us. But, it appears to be extremely contradictory and/or hypocritical to TELL US what we MUST learn and do, but then CLAIM that you do NOT have to explain ANY of what we MUST learn and do to us.

Some would be concluding that you actually do NOT know what you are going on about here.

If you have SUPPOSEDLY lived your ENTIRE life by 'that' principle, which by the way is a complete IMPOSSIBILITY, and then TELL US that we MUST learn and do this as well, then INFORM US that you will NOT and do NOT have to explain ANY of 'that' principle to us some are CLEARLY SEEING is you NOT following and doing your OWN 'principle' at all. In fact, you are SHOWING and REVEALING that you have NOT learned 'that' principle at all.
I'm sorry. I get paid for that kind of information and I do not think you really want to know. If you are willing to pay for a course in setting yourself free, I'll consider it.
LOL So, then you are CONSTRAINT by YOUR 'love-of-money', correct?

What has actually come-to-light here now, well from my perspective anyway, is you have come to a philosophy forum to TELL "others" that they MUST live a certain way, but then when just asked for clarity about what this way is and how we can learn 'it', then you INFORM US that we have to PAY for a course on 'it'.

I wonder if this is ALLOWED in such a forum as this one is.

By the way being Truly FREE is NEVER being a captive to a love for more money.

If people pay you money, for what is essentially FREE information, for a course in setting themselves free, then you AND them are BEING HELD 'more' captive than you ALREADY WERE.

By the way NEVER be sorry for what you choose to do. If you really are, then you are OBVIOUSLY NOT living a life well lived and NOT being of ANY real value NOR benefit to "others".

If you feel the need to apologize, then there is a Knowing that you are doing some thing WRONG, and thus abusive to others.
I might have taken the time to answer some of this, but you have made it clear you do not believe a single word you have written. So why should I?
I neither disbelieve a single word that I have written ALSO. So, the fact that I neither believe nor disbelieve ANY thing could not nor would not have any real bearing on what you want or do not want to do.

Either you want to answer some or all of my clarifying questions or you do not. There is NO 'should' anywhere here. You are completely and absolutely FREE to do whatever you like to do here.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:52 am Either you want to answer some or all of my clarifying questions or you do not. There is NO 'should' anywhere here. You are completely and absolutely FREE to do whatever you like to do here.
That's what I believe. You're the one who does not believe it is true.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Age wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:52 am Either you want to answer some or all of my clarifying questions or you do not. There is NO 'should' anywhere here. You are completely and absolutely FREE to do whatever you like to do here.
'What is' what you believe, and 'what' I do not believe is true?

Also, you can write: "You're the one who does not believe it is true", in regards to me, BECAUSE I do NOT believe ANY thing is true. So, you could say this about me in regards to absolutely ANY thing. By the way, and REMEMBER, I also neither believe ANY thing is NOT true, nor disbelieve ANY thing is true.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:28 am
This human NEED to think we could (and do) “know” such things: what difference does it really make? Can’t we live effective and enjoyable lives without claiming to possess some particular ultimate unchanging knowledge?

If we truly question such things, then how would we be able to justify any kind of unchanging and knowable truth at any point in time, from our limited perspectives and awareness? How does such pretense serve us?

Can’t we float in an ocean without claiming that any of the countless moving waves is “the ultimate one” and that we somehow “know” it? Does anything else in nature depend on such fantasy or demands for its existence?
The idea that there is a 'someone' who possesses a knowledge is just an illusory appearance of nothing.

All knowledge does is point to the illusory nature of it's existence, in that it's a story arising and known by no thing.

Every concept is like a lego brick building upon itself, and when enough lego bricks are joined together they form a model of this and that and the other that was completely absent prior to the artificial process. There is no “the ultimate one” that can know anything, and yet 'knowing' is an appearance here, that pretends it knows, and this energy doesn't like that idea. And that is why questions keep manifesting in duality, it is a trap to keep you suffering the illusion there is a 'someone' who knows.

In essence the human mind is just playing a pretence game with itself, it's just how this one energy manifests within it's own reality which is by all defintion just a full emptiness. A story arising here signifying nothing.

If there is “the ultimate one” then every one is that one anyway. We're all nothing and everything, so nothing really matters, for there is no other one to refute any truth claim anyway.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:58 pm

Also, you can write: "You're the one who does not believe it is true", in regards to me, BECAUSE I do NOT believe ANY thing is true. So, you could say this about me in regards to absolutely ANY thing. By the way, and REMEMBER, I also neither believe ANY thing is NOT true, nor disbelieve ANY thing is true.
OK, you don't believe anything.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:14 pm
Age wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:58 pm

OK, you don't believe anything.
Thank you for listening.